Noah's ark

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by spuriousmonkey, Mar 9, 2006.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

None of them caused a flood. A flood would have left evidence. Still grasping at straws?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. beesmn Registered Member

HAPPY SAINT PATTY'S DAY !!

Please get shitfaced and ease up on all of this high-minded bullshit for a day!

Even our brains need a break sometimes.

Guinness, Mickies, Finnegan's anybody????????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Wrong again, but at least your consistant.

You got nothin'
    The Old Testament you and others claim are a re-write of Sumerian stories is actually full of specific accounts of battles with said Sumerians and the Assyrians and are the historical records of
    God's dealings with his people to be used as future reference in shadows and types.
    It was in no way "plagerised" from "near eastern" works.
    Israel was carried into Babylon in 700bc, and "history is writen by the victors "so theres an exlplaination to some of your confusion.
    The Assyraian capital was Nineveh, and thousand of clay tablets were found the dating from 1000-1500bc in the 1890's completely corisponding to the Old Testament accounts.
    They are available for veiwing at the British National History Museum.
    Go take a look for yourself.

Ohio,Texas, and Kansas for a few

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"....

What's up doc...?
    Please don't waste any more of our time if your just playing on your daddy's computer.

To put this all to rest....the "Flood" was caused by a major axis change to the tilt of the Earth in relation to the sun.
    This caused the condensation of previous water vapor levels to make
    the amount of rain needed.
    They were also very scientific in that day.
    I'll bet they had scientists out there just like you scratching their heads trying to prove theres no water up there.
    Right up till God drowned them in it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

LOL! Firstly, if there were any reputable evidence for a giant "humaniod", I think it would be world news. Secondly, the fact that these evidences are in bible loving republican states makes their 'evidence' of giant humans laughable.

The fact you have not even provided the 'evidence', tells me you are just embellishing what little 'evidence' there is for your idiotic claims.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Where did all that water go then? Did noah drink it?

9. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

"ya think" do ya

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...well I find that hard to believe myself.
    I want some concrete evidence of your "thinking"

10. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Then prove it, provide your evidence. Surely it can't be funnier than your claim of an axis change that caused enough water to evaporate then flood all land within 40 days...

11. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Since this is obviously not the thread for such a topic, I'll hold off and, perhaps, start that on at a later date. But I can demonstrate the theft of Near Eastern stories (like the Noachian flood myth) from much older and longer established cultures. I'll present my argument then. After that, it'll be up to you to refute it. I predict you'll stick to your main argument that consists of nothing greater than "wrong again."

No proper sources or locations, so I accept your acknowledgement of lying to us all. You are a proper liar now. Congratulations.

Except the evidence isn't forthcoming. Indeed, there doesn't exist that amount of water in any state on the planet.

Whose god? There have been hundreds if not thousands of gods, all created by H. sapiens. If you want to invoke the "god hypothesis" for an explanation, you'll need to show some way of testing it. Otherwise, the "god hypothesis" can be tossed out with the garbage since it is completely worthless. Under-educated believers like to cite magic for the things they can't understand. This is also a characteristic of humanity.

12. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first [month], the first [day] of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.
    And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.

Maybe....
    The water was re-established around the new poles in the form of snowfall and ice.
    Sounds good to me

13. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

It sounds good to you because clearly you lack an education in such matters. There isn't enough water in any state on the planet to provide a global flood.

14. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Stating that another culture had a different name for their "Noah" stories is very easy to explain.
    All the earth's people after Noah were desended from that family, and had
    simmilar stories as humanity fanned out accross the globe.
    You don't have any older sources.
    Moses was given vision of the noah account to scribe in the New Testement.
    The dates given for the scribing are not the same dates of the event.
    Disect and dispute....
    Disect and dispute...

Your methods are quite obvious......

15. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

When biblical myths are examined as literary works, as they should be, then clear evolution of ideas show up from older cultures to the newer, monotheistic culture of the Canaanites which became the "Jewish" religion/culture.

Of course, narrow-minded believers, un-accustomed to free-thought will disagree since it questions their superstitions. I've no delusion that my arguments will change your opinion, but I'm certain they will hold weight for someone who already has the courage to question the dogma and indoctrination that they've been force-fed since early childhood.

As I said, perhaps I'll start a thread on this this weekend, time permitting.

But you're still a liar since you couldn't produce any valid sources for you imaginary "giants." Either they don't exist, and you made them up, or you're afraid someone will actually check them and discover that they are fake. Either way, you know they're bullshit and are lying to us all. You're a liar.

16. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

What did these comets cause?

No I'm not in desperation to prove Noah's ark.

Even if the ark were discovered, you would say it doesn't prove a worldwide flood. It would remain a matter of faith.

Many people were non-believers when the flood was universally accepted as being true which is not very long ago.

Many people were atheists before evolution gave them a rational excuse.

17. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Sure there is enough water to cover the planet, assuming the topography of the earth is smoother. 80% of the planet is covered with water right now -- land is in the minority. Do you suppose water might have covered 80.00001% of the planet at some time? How about 81%? 82%? Where is your threshold of pain -- is it at 100%?

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

The topography of the planet during the time of man, the last few hundred thousand years, included all of the mountains we see today, Woody.

If there was a global flood during a period before Pangea, who was there to record the story?

With regard to your "comet speculation," how much water does a comet contain? Of that, how much is heavy water? How many comets would it take to provide a sufficient quantity of water to "drown" the planet? Where has that water gone since?

You might want to also educate yourself on the geologic topography of the last few hundred million years. http://www.scotese.com/

19. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

SW said:

What evidence would you "expect to see" from a worldwide flood that was recent?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

21. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Calling me a liar won't change the truth...
    Or make you someone capable of recognizing it.
    The cainanites have no connection with the Isralites or the Old testament.
    They were desendants of Ham, through his cursed son Cainan.
    Bel or Hermes which means "son of Ham" was a Babylonian.
    They were the offspring of a cursed linage, and the enemies of the Israelites.
    I won't repeat this again....if you refute what I've said look it up.
    I only responded for the sake of others who may see these posts.
    I've tried more than enough times in the past,
    to explain to you the events of history you continue to refer to,.....
    But you seem intent on trying to rewrite history to include the near-eastern/anti Jewish myths.
    I am not Jewish, or was I raised as you aserted on religious indoctrination.
    I was an adult for a long time before God straightened me out on things.
    You assume way to much....for your own good.
    I'm sorry to see that.

22. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Anything that starts with "problems"...
    Or "atheist's and skeptics.com".....is bound to be real entertaining, to someone who doesn't know any better.
    Your not dealing with one of those.
    Grow up, do your own research, and find something better to do for entertainment.
    This isn't a game....if your responcible for mis-leading some of God's "little" ones that haven't found their way yet...
    It won't go so good for you my little friend.
    The administration of this planet is changing... Christ and his people are to rule the nations with a "rod" of Iron.
    What heathens are left alive that is.
    Don't think I'm talking about someone still yet to come...
    He's already here. "Time shall be no more"
    That means times up.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The ice at the north pole actually does nothing to increase the sea levels. Leaves the glaciers, which do not contain enough ice to let sealevels rise enough to cause a global flood. So no, it doesn't sound good.