Nirvana - What exactly is it?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Cypheran, Feb 19, 2012.

1. subject13 Registered Member

delete

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. subject13 Registered Member

There is no need to chase what already exist inside each and every one of us. Ours is only to become aware of it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

And yet isn't it hilarious that we seek the end of seeking?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I suspect you all are full of sh*t, but that's just a guess.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Kwai Chang Caine: Master, What is Nirvana?
    Master Po: Ah, Grasshopper. You ask the wrong question.
    Kwai Chang Caine: And what is the right question?
    Master Po: The question is "What am I?"
    Kwai Chang Caine:The question is "what are you"?

Master Po: (Hits KCC with stick.) Stupid Stupid Grasshopper!
    Kwai Chang Caine:Ow!

9. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Its a state between a catholic priest and a buddhist monk. Both are supposed to be androgenous, and both are supposed to be pacifists.

I like the pic above. Being without hair on top of your head is a good start. Also shaving your hair bald, makes you unattractive to females, so that helps too, and helps destroying a persons vanity. If your vain, you can forget about spiritual things. You will never know yourself if your vain.
    This is why a certain religion on earth that calls themselves gods chosen, are not really. Worshipping satan, vanity means alot, and thats all they do.

Some religions obsess with long hair, but i prefer shaving my hair bald(like buddhist monks). Who is right. Well only you know you.

Only you know you, and thats why your supposed to resonate to what religion you are. Thats the only bad thing about religion in this world, is that we are forced into it as babies, when we should resonate to it in our own lifes. Thats why i always say i am half catholic and half buddhist monk. Its what i resonate too. You resonate to what you do, and you are not me.

Like how jewish rabbis obsess with long hair, while buddhist monks shave there heads bald.

My path is not your path, and i am glad.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Whatever turns your wheels, I guess.

11. IncogNegro Banned Banned

A place of insanity, akin Sean Hannity, A place of desire, no water can quench even a pinch of the fire, nirvana is free, more than you or me, A pace that is slow, no one knows where it goes. With haste I will show an example of the pain it takes to achieve such a state of mind in your dreams.

12. subject13 Registered Member

13. subject13 Registered Member

typical..."I don't understand, so booodizum is dummy stuff".

14. subject13 Registered Member

Irony has no better author than the truth.

15. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Like i said above you either know it or you do not.

Nature is run on emapthy, but most humans do not have it. They are so full of hate of anything not them, and desperate to ruin others. Most humans do not know what empathy is, while nature exists mainly on it.

The elites have rules as they understand this in the west.

I would suspect if you get to the top of freemasons your untouchable by the police. The elites do have rules, and they do obey the above to a certain extent.

16. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

One of the biggest ironies in this world is that a street tramp may be more enlightened than most others including the elites. Its not about how much money you have or your drive for lust and power.

A person on the road to somewhere, could be a tramp as they do not have the material drives that so many of you crave.

So you cannot judge a book by its cover.

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Kwai Chang Caine: Master, Who is enlightened?
    Master Po: Not a street tramp, Grasshopper, but one higher. One who shows the way.
    Kwai Chang Caine: But, Master, who is higher and more enlightened than one who knows the way,
    even though he be the lowliest street tramp?
    Master Po: Not a street tramp, but a street lamp. Heeeeeeeheeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeee!

18. Yazata Valued Senior Member

It's certainly ironic. That's the human condition, I guess.

If we choose to describe Buddhism as a path that seeks to arrive at the end of seeking, then we would probably have to say that once that point has finally been reached, Buddhism has performed its function. It's like taking a medicine. The goal isn't to continue taking the medicine, the goal is getting to the point where no more medicine is needed.

19. subject13 Registered Member

that is a very neat point