Next Startrek Series????????

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by AUSSIEABORIGINAL, Mar 29, 2001.

1. AUSSIEABORIGINAL Abnormally original Registered Senior Member

I just caught few sound bites a few days ago about an upcoming series, STARTREK ENTERPRISE.

Has anybody got any information or rumors regarding it???????????????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Fuck you

Fu** you you little antisemitic b*tch.

Thats all I have to say.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2001
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

How did I get involved in this discussion?

I don't even like the rip-offs of Star Trek!

Well maybe Piccard ... he was cute.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

alright guys... settle down....

8. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

I have no idea why Howard is posting all of this, but let it be noted that my original message to him was in reply to one he had sent me.

Howard: Is there any need to conduct this argument publicly, where it will get lost as more people contribute, or can we have a private discussion?

9. kmguru Staff Member

I think, the political, ethnic issues should go to to Politics arena. There is a lot of stuff that is not politically correct to say it. May be we should have a separate forum specifically for "Politically Incorrect" debates. Then we can discuss Native American (not American Indian, a mistake in name that has stuck for eternity), Pre-Christians (Jews?), Christians, Males, Females and so on....In each case there are issues that should be resolved otherwise there will be resentment and problems and consequences in each relationship. It can be done without flame.

Now back to Startrek. The original series was written in such a way that the power ratios were maintained. What I mean is when a person or technology had certain power or abilities or properties, it was maintained throughout the episode. Recent series writers have problems with that. For example, Hercules can throw a few ton size monster to the orbit but will get knock down by a mere human! Or that Voyger computer can produce real human brain computations in the holodeck but can not think to protect itself.

Hope the new Startrek stories are consistent to todays development in expert systems, AI, genetics, biotechnology, cryogenics, nanotechology, molecular science, optronics, material science and most of all computers - And keeps up with Moores Law. By 2050, we will have computers that will be better that Voygers. Let us see what the systems look like in 2150!

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

The computer

It would seem at that date there would be no need to ask the computer for the answer. It would probably be able to ask the question for us at the time it was occurring as a thought process to us. It is well known that we emit pheromones, that skin changes in result of body functions (to mind is color by the influx of blood), and that there are many other give-aways to give insight into what a person might be feeling, thinking, or even prehaps having ideas of. At such a time in the future, i would think that it would be reasonable that such a computer would have access to these kind of sensors to detect what was going on with it's charges. (I can not think that we would be on level with such)

11. kmguru Staff Member

You are right O! wet1, that far out if computer technology progress the way we predict today, then your scenario is correct. However, if we decide computers are a threat to society such that we can not give them ability to think, then that will not happen. Only raw processing power will be there.

12. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

New Star Trek show

I haven't heard anything else other than Scot Bakula will be playing as the captain and I have heard a rumor that Gary Graham from Alien Nation will be playing as a Vulcan Ambassador.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I have heard that it would take place within 150 years of the discovery of warp drive. But not much else.

14. kmguru Staff Member

The more closer they come to our time, fans will be more critical. I hope they keep the technology in perspective. They said they would.

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, I don´t know what to say...don´t you like Star Trek? I love it! Especially Next Generation, it has everything. Voyager though hasn´t got to me as much...yet. The old Star Trek is nothing in comparison to the new ones.

Clothes to wear while watching Star Trek!

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I missed the Star Trek episodes when they first came out. This was due to several reasons. I worked a lot, double shifts when I could. When I did get to see them they were in black and white as we did not have a color tv. It was not until much later that I learned of the red shirt stuff. I did get to watch the series on Sci-fi channel. So you can see how long it took for me to actually see them. Deep Space Nine did not hold much attraction to me. I missed the start and every thing I saw after didn't connect. Some of Voyager I liked, some I didn't. I do hope to catch the new series if nothing more than to see what is going on. Being as it is closer to date I think I will be more interested.

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

there it was folks. I tried to get into the site but I couldn't get it to up completely up.

18. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Hrhrm... you seem to care a lot though, for a person who claimes to be just bored...

19. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

And u wite pretty goood english for someone from the colonies - at tines.

I LIKED YOUR 'WHO DO YOU TRUST' SIGNATURE BETTER!!!!!

Take care

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, we are an educated people...

Yes, I also liked the "who do you trust.." signature.

21. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Christians for cannabis???

LOL! Do they exist?

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Oh Christ!!!

Is that your own plantation??? Can I come and visit? LOL!

23. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

You better start packing then..

Because I don´t think it will be legalized in the US anytime soon, but who knows?

You have apretty open conversation about it anyway, as in opposed to here( very silent...), so maybe people are beginning to realize that there is more danger with alcohol than with weed. Or catnip as I call it...