newbie to SF wonders if it's any better than space.com

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by bonzelite, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

But again, you are willing to bet that there are super-intelligent beings that travel millions of light years to Earth to waste time hovering over cities anal probing hillbillies yet you dismiss all of my ideas?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bonzelite Registered Member

nobody can prove jack shit insofar as what you proposed. give me a break. prove it is a deity or not a deity. that is just not testable. sure, it's possible. i will not rule it out. but i don't personally believe it.

i'd put more faith in the existence of ET than in a deity doing such radar appearances. but that is me. i'm not you. nor the rest of the world.

indeed, a deity could be responsible for the tiniest of things, in perpetuity, everywhere. but then, the manifestation of this deity takes on myriad forms. such as planets, cars, people, weather patterns, thoughts -- all of it. you can blanket statement everything as attributable back down to a grand deity over everything. and who cares.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bonzelite Registered Member

as i said, many of your ideas are gag gifts on christmas. funny but you cannot be serious. parallel universes. ok. sure. i can dig that. people from the future. the aliens are super advanced humans from the future. sure. is possible. i'm open to these. phenomena outside our known physics, as you suggest. well, yeah. that can carpet bomb a lot of things, like ET.

i gravitate to ET because the craft and radar evidence of exotic manoeuvres are documented as being reactive/interactive and intelligently guided, yet performing aerial movement beyond any earth-based craft. then and now. we are talking accelerating from 500mph to 700mph in ONE SECOND. this has been documented on radar. no craft in existence can do that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well the problem I have is that I gave a partial list.. in addition to your 2 options and thousands of others (SWAMP GAS.. MIB. haha) we have possible explainations. You limiting your scope. It's almost like trying to prove a negative. Prove to me that pink unicorns don't exist. I think your approach would be to do some biology studies. My approach would be to do bio studies, search for fossils... read books that mention accounts of actually seeing one.. walk on foot in the woods.. talk to people.. ect.

Maybe that wouldn't be your approach (or maybe it was a bad example all together).. but my point is that you should consider other options. Because evidence x shows up that is unexplained, you (or others) try figuring out a way to mold that evidence to explain UFOs or aliens visiting Earth. A true scientist would look at other options, too. So far, all the evidence I have seen about aliens/UFOs can be explained by other things. Government coverup or not.. I still see explainations other than "OMG ALIENS!"

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Duh...it just jumped from wormhole to wormhole which made the object seem in motion/acceleration but as a matter of fact it was not moving at all.

Thought everybody knew. Data explained it once on star trek.

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Lol. But the current research seems to suggest you cannot create a wormhole. If any exist, they are static. If one doesn't exist to connect New York and the Moon, there never will be unless it all shifts towards this wormhole.

But I doubt bonz will accept this since he dismisses my parallel universe/time travel theory.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Interesting if true. Source? Most radars take longer than one second to do a full sweep so a one-second interval seems to be an "added fact".
    Abs: the maths is 200 mph * .44704 (to get metres/ sec) = 89.408 metres/sec in one second. Divide by 9.8 = roughly 9g.
    Craft? Prove it was a "craft". There's a lot of things that can do that or better - a Sidewinder missile accelerates at about 40g. A rifle bullet does about 80000g.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

so these ETs are here and you do not know why, then you say they need our resources and/or genetic material, then you go on to say that they are far in excess of our development.

okay, given all those 'facts' why would these ETs travels light-years to get our resources when they can be had on any number of planets?
    why would the ETs want our genetic material if they are far in excess of our development?

any other reasons that the ETs are here?

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

How does my calculation come out differently?

Edit: oh wait... using the calculator 20 times to varify it I finally see that I kept kitting multiply instead of divide.. LOL.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

i said it before, i guess i have to say it again, radar 'evidence' can easily be faked.

14. bonzelite Registered Member

i'm guessing, sunshine.

why do you fart after eating a chili dog?

for example, humans are "far in excess of development" of plant life. but we need some of these plants to eat, make medicines from. so we seek them out. we need them.

we are far in advance of bacteria and microbial life. yet we need them for our digestion and myriad other vital metabolic functions to sustain our lives.

humans study other life forms avidly and with great investment of resources.

you cannot make the leap and speculate about ET's possible reasons for things?

15. bonzelite Registered Member

so all radar evidence is faked since it's inception? every blip and anolmaly is faked? who is faking all of the data perpetually, in every corner of the earth, and avidly? there is a radar-faking organization?

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

awesome, MATHGUY!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Hey... I get the same shit from my dad. I'm sorry I am good at math thinking, but suck at doing arithmetic. I am just like a math professor I had a year ago during the summer. She is head of the deptment and has her PhDs in mathematics and computer science.. yet she cannot multiply worth a flip.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

why should i have to? i'm not the one claiming ET is amoung us.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

where did i say all radar data was/is faked?

20. bonzelite Registered Member

4. ok. possibly
    5. possibly

however, in my opinion, visitors from another universe would be just as much ET as non-parallel visitors.

6. what does that mean? ET can be such a thing. if they do exist, to even be in this vicinity, they would have to perceptbily, from our standpoint, violate or execute things beyond what we consider known laws of physics. ET is highly expected when observed manoeuvres are reactive or evasive to man made pursuit craft.

7. possible. we all know that is an explanation. yet the phenomena continues unabated, and without being planned. the lights in the sky that conduct exotic manoeuvres are then hoaxed manoeuvres? by a special effects company? and ALL of it is fake? including radar telemetry?

8. ??? again God? you can blanket statement everything to be the cause of God. we are here why? "God" ET exists why? "because of God." this is a senseless premise. headline "Origin of oil fields in Iraq discovered to have been created by God." "Pencil factory in New Jersey created by God."

9. big foot in the sky?

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i meant the calculator error.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Yea she is the same way.

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

dont lie, you lying liar.