New Windows 7 Professional I bought

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by cosmictraveler, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

As I have stated , I got it for the 64 bit capabilities that it had. I could have bought a 64 bit XP but I already have the 32 bit XP and did not want to spend money on the 64 bit XP. Win 7 64 bit is similar to Win XP but just better overall, to me. No other reason that I bought it other than to see how a 64 bit OS works.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

NOTE: I have had a couple of occasions now where WIN 7 failed to boot. A hard reboot has been all it takes to get things running thus far, this is just a note for now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Well I have been running Windows 7 from some time now and find it very pleasing. Im not much into networking, apart from basic file, printer sharing, and net coms. Mind you Bluetooth could have been handled better but thats more to do with the bluetooth protocols.

As for 64bit systems I love it and the analogy I use is that it like comparing the traffic density of a 32 lane road as apposed to a 64 lane road. In the same time you can move twice the data. There are now 64 physical data lines from memory to the CPU. The address bus is still to small. But then a terabyte of RAM is still impractical.

Im a programmer specializing in real time 3d. Windows 7, XNA, directX 11, DotNet 3.5 and milti thread applications run very smooth and fast. I would hate to go back to vista or XP. For me I can compile the same code to 32bit or 64Bit systems. Just a few ifdef's to stop compile errors.

Love Windows7.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.