New Wikileaks Dump is Unconscionable

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by countezero, Nov 29, 2010.

1. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Interesting.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who do you think would go to war over the realisation that governments lie? I think these leaks could prevent wars and losses of life. Just look at the cables about Iran. All the time Obama was preaching peace love and understanding he was preparing for "other options"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I wonder what the US diplomats in Saudi Arabia have said about the Saudi leadership behind their backs?
    The mutual detestation between the peoples, although papered over with treaties and alliances, is clear to anyone who has ever set foot in the country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I'm falling behind on this. I must start buying a daily newspaper.
    Come to think of it, Newspaper shares are probably a good buy at the moment.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Heh you're really falling behind. Why would there be "mutual detestation" between like minded people? Everyone in that cabal understands perfectly well how quid pro quo works.

US was worried over Saudi prince health - WikiLeaks

WikiLeaks cables: Saudi Arabia wants military rule in Pakistan

WikiLeaks reveals Saudi efforts to thwart Iran
    King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia presses US to attack Iran in cable released by WikiLeaks.

Wikileaks: Saudi King Urged Gitmo Chip Implants to Track Them 'Like Horses, Falcons'

As for the "peoples" well both peoples have little clue what their leaders cook up together.

9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

True.
    You could have swapped Bush with a Saudi Prince, and probably no-one would have noticed. Privileged and Stupid. A bit too skinny though.
    I've got my newspaper now. I'll be back, as the Governor of California used to say.

10. countezero Registered Senior Member

Overworked! Email me. I ran into one of your govts. higher officials.

Oh, it's real.

Sam, Obama has never taken force off the table. So you're just wrong. And if the cables show anything, it's that it's not just the US who considers Iran a threat, which some people on this site constantly allege.

We're talking different things, I think. I was talking about American laws, which he has undoubtedly broken and can be arrested for -- anywhere in the world. I have no idea what the law is in Sweden, don't really care.

The Media is reporting this breathlessly in America, as if it just stumbled on the proverbial smoking gun or some other incredbile scoop. It's all beginning to be a joke, if you ask me. But the Media is taking it SO seriously...

There was a report this morning that the stuff about Yemen will be used to help fuel that country's insurgency and radical Islam. Is that the moral outcome Assange wanted?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It's amazing how quickly someone like Assange will put other people's lives on the line for their high principles.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who died? Or is yours a pre-emptive strike?

13. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

+2 and I am American, Brake open vaulted information silo's and then we can taste real freedom instead of artificial intellegence . Let the grains of knowledge flow like water

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They spy on us, we spy on them. Who cares if they have nothing to hide, right?

15. countezero Registered Senior Member

He has no consequences. He is not a policymaker making policy or a security official. He doesn't care what happens, nor will he ever be held responsible.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

How about the media for publishing those documents as well. The media didn't have to publish them but did so they are even more at fault than he is, IMO.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Wow. Lets silence the media. That`s a great idea. :m:

18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I think, but am willing to be corrected, that the entire contents have been given to the press already. Some of the material was redacted by the press, and the site is only publishing the redacted material.

Sam will know.

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Assange Q&A @ The Guardian

Nothing particularly groundbreaking there yet, but the link may be worth watching for more responses. Rather than blogging from the UK Assange might better make a deal and get to Sweden while the getting is good (safer for him there IMO). If accountability is what Assange is about, he should lead by example.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No , lets put those who are doing treasonous things in jail like anyone else who would be doing that. Not all media were publishing these Wikileaks only a few so that would leave the ones who don't break the law in place and get rid of the ones who do. We will not have any justice if that isn't done and will allow anyone to disclose top secrets about the government and not be punished. Then let all of the spies out of jails too because they have the right to free speech .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

A magnificent portrait of a WL hater is at Driftglass (an entertaining read, too):

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Amazon may have dumped Wikileaks under pressure from Sen. Joe Lieberman but you can find them here:

http://213.251.145.96/

You may choose to donate to his defense fund. God knows he'll need it.

23. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Do you hold the same opinion of Daniel Ellsberg who released the Pentagon papers during the Vietnam war? How about Woodward and Bernstein in the Watergate affair? Because all of them disclosed 'secret' and 'confidential' government information in the interest of government transparency.