New type of gravity power plant offers chance to be landmark use of fusion

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by trevor borocz johnson, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

There are already many underground test sites in the Nevada desert. I don't know how many craters you would want, one is a million dollar business. I'm not the government I don't regulate such things. There is no fallout

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

But they are underground. Underground. So they do not spew fallout into the air. And, by the same token, they cannot be used to make a hole that you fill in with seawater. And Nevada is at least about 200 miles from the sea, I gather.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Oh, so now there are at least 2 magical aspects to your invention.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

The method of pre-cutting the crater has no fallout. Fallout is the result of blast energy carrying huge amounts of vaporized dirt and rock up into the atmosphere. The block of weight from the pre-cutting method absorbs all this blast energy that would carry radioactive dirt high into the atmosphere. It's the difference between a surface blast and an underground. The pre cutting method is more similar to underground.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

We are now up to 3 magical aspects of your invention. Except for the magic and absurdly terrible efficiency - I think you got a winner here!

9. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

you say inefficient, science and nature says otherwise. Here's a funny qwestion that I'm sure you have no answer so I'm laughing already but what other methods are there in nature to convert explosive energy into usable electricity, and I'm talking a real explosion not the piddle paddling of an IC engine.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

So the "pre cut block" will not only stay together, but will not come out of the ground? How do you get any energy out of it, then?

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

In nature? None.

In engineering? MHD. Internal combustion engines. Pulse jets. Nuclear pulse engines.
    Given that IC engines have generated far more energy than you have demonstrated with your method, and since such engines can generate megawatts, I'd not be so quick to disparage them.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not a good idea. Get over it. It's silly, dangerous, and doesn't add anything of value.

krash661 likes this.
  13. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

you know what, that's your opinion and your entitled to it, and I don't promote dangerous use of the patent nor is it silly, so since you all clearly have a head of steem in playing me down, perhaps you could do me one little favor brilliant scientists and explain to me in easy to understand terms how they plan to extract useful energy from laser fusion because I've read those articles a hundred times and still don't understand the concept.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Fusion makes heat. We already know how to make electricity from heat, and we can make liquid fuels with electricity. Explosions are fine in an ICU, but they are relatively small and controlled. I don't mean to disparage you personally, but maybe you need this wake up call from disinterested third parties.

krash661 likes this.
  15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

An explosion by its very nature is not going to be conducive to being efficiently converted to electrical power. If you take the U235 that would be used for an explosion and put that in a nuclear reactor then you would get a good utilization. Likewise if you were to take the conventional explosives for your idea and instead fed them in a slow controled manner to a chemical reactor you could efficiently use the heat produced to drive a steam turbine and produce electricity.

The whole blow up things for making electricity is just not viable. It is a novel approach though.

16. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

What about black people in wheels? How much energy would be produced?? I'm talking a power-station full!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Our friend Borocz seems to change the story, ad hoc, to meet any objections. First, according to the patent , it was a hole that was made by an explosion which generated hydroelectricity when filled with water, the process being repeated by "pumping out" via successive further explosions. Then it was a new hole every time, then we have the idea that the solid block of ground itself will create energy on its descent from being expelled into the air, then we have the revision that it won't be expelled, in order to keep the radioactive fallout in.

By the way, if inrush of water were used to generate energy, you would end up with cubic miles of radioactive saline water, in a terrain marked by rock heavily fractured by nuclear explosions. And we know that aquifers can extend for hundreds of miles, depending on the geology. Good plan, eh?

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

Or refugees in wheels. We take them in, but they stay in the wheels forever producing power. It would overcome the objections of both sides of the aisle.

I could give Trump a run for his money.

20. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

...we could dangle passports in front of them to keep them running!

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Well this thread has taken an unfortunate turn...

22. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

you could have horses or some shit walk in a circle tied to a turnstile or smthin pfft or squirrels climbing up a vertical stair climber that's a wall for them to run up. Lets just get to page six and forget about five.

23. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

One motivation that's being overlooked, and i think a pretty strong one, is the fact that deep down I think everyone wants to see a huge mountain of rock blasted out of the ground. It's as sweet as when you set off bottle rockets underwater when you were a kid. It would just be so amazing to watch the footage of a 4,000 ft cube of rock being tossed into the air from out of the ground. Just my personal belief but I was the one who got in trouble when I was 2 for stealing a candle from the drug store cause I thought it was a big M-80.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.