New Star Wars Movies VS Older Ones

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by kazbadan, Apr 7, 2005.

1. kazbadan Registered Senior Member

DO you prefer episodes I,II and III or the older ones with L.Skywalker, Hans Solo, Leia...? Why?

In my opinion the older ones are far away to much better. Dont have shure about the reason.

Well, let me see: for example, in the Older ones people know how to seduce ;-)....Han solo for instance, he is very funny when dealing with Leia. He know how to act. Besides he is a mother ***** that everybody loves. Just great.

Besides that i think that the older versions are much more epic in another way. There is more..i dont know, maybe friendship its the word.

The comic characters like C3PO, R"D" and Chewbacca are original and funny. In the new series the funny characters are more silly, childish and for shure an imitation.

In new episodes the best thing that we can see its Natalie Portman

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord_Phoenix New World Order Registered Senior Member

I think I will like episode III the most, if it is actually as good as it sounds.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

My favorite George Lucas movie is THX 1138. Of the Star Wars movies, I liked The Empire Strikes Back the best. I think Lucas can be dark and avant-guard when he wants to be, but the later movies were not intended to be like that. They are less conceptual, and more family-friendly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Definenstly T.E.S.B kicked the most ass.
    Go Empire!

8. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Th originals are wayyy better than the new ones.

9. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

yeah, I mean, Jar Jar?!? give me a break.

10. kazbadan Registered Senior Member

Ya, you can bet that.

I think that the new ones are much more commercial- they are "matrix" imitation movies.
    I mean, nowdays, since Matrix movie arrived, people just care about great special effects. I think that Matrix serie its the the best with a nice story and great effects.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

The old ones of course. The actors, the setting, general atmosphere seem so much more real.
    It's not flashy effects that make me see a movie.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

13. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Let's hope for the best on this one. I was very disappointed in Episode One. Two was better, though it still had some pretty wooden acting. Much less Jar Jar.

It seems similar to how a bands early work is often their best. But Lucas wrote the entire story at once, so how did his vision become the childrens movie that was Episode One?

14. Roman Banned Banned

Lucas wasn't involved in the Empire Strikes Back. Which is a little ironic, since it's most fans' favorite movie.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

t'is my favourite too

16. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, ditto.

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Lucas screwed up the series in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
    How the hell?!
    The freakin' ragtag rednecks with crappy equipment and little rock-throwing teddy bears win over the well-trained Imperial military that also has mechanized warmachines!??!
    This has gotta be a fixed fight...

Luckily, if you played Jedi Academy, you'd know that Jedan Korr ressurects the Empire, and makes it stronger than ever. And he kills Luke, finally.

18. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I like the older movies because they were completely revolutionary for their time. They completely changed the mindset towards science-fiction films. The new ones are just copies of the Matrix trilogy. (Which is also revolutionary)

Also Spidergoat, Avant-guard is really a french term spelt Avant-garde.

19. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

After Episode III 's gone to DVD, someone (don't care who) should make TV-movie adaptations of the novels set after Return of the Jedi. The Heir to the Empire books are pretty good, and Grand Admiral Thrawn would be a great screen baddie.

Or we could film the later novels, like the New Jedi Order series. That could reunite the cast of the original movies, and they would be suitably older to fit the story continuity. Han & Leia's children would be the traditional "young unknown" stars, as Mark Hamill and Haydn Christensen were. Also, the Yuuzhan Vong would look pretty cool I'm sure...

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Starthane, haven't your heard of the possible SW TV series? Also, did you forget about the cartoon shorts that aired on Cartoon Network? The Clone Wars shorts, I believe.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Has someone thought of bringing StarWars to theatre?

It would be cool

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

They've brought out the book of the new movie. Oh joy.

I've always thought doing more sequels than prequels was the right way to go...Imperial Civil War, the rise of the Jedi, etc.

Hell, even thousands of years before the Star Wars saga would've been great! With great jedi armies and such.

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

And Lord Avatar as their commander supreme.