New Rule: Acceptable format for posted dialogue (suggestion)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by domesticated om, Apr 7, 2008.

1. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Let the market rule!
    (I can't believe I just said that)
    Ah, well. Look. Someone with an irritating style should be ignored. Perhaps told a couple of times by their readers. If the not being taken seriously and the not being responded to have no effect, they are still a rather limited phenomenon. They are not the problem. If lots of people respond while being irritated and wishing they would go away, this is like going out with someone repeatedly who one does not like.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

well than if such goes we should just have a warning sticker thread with all the warning for Muslims, Christians, Paedophiles, Atheist, Gay lovers, careful spellers...and reference to it in the thread.

so we can have something like this:

thread created by somebody,

----

LOLZ LIKE MY BOO AND LIKE YEAH

so like I....I am emo yesturday and today I am pretty totally ok, yeah

----

Warning No: 1,13,8,9,5 please refer to warning thread

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

well this so called filter is nonsense

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Let me introduce our members to some not so obvious advantages of this forum:

Click on image below:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Oh, but SAM, I find the ignore function is like actively not thinking of a purple elephant. I end up thinking about them all the time. It is like they are pressing in on my consciousness CONSTANTLY but not perceptibly.

Can't you mods do something about how I experience things and not just what I experience?

9. draqon Banned Banned

ask the next mod in hierarchy, ask mod the God. Also, if you think of a purple poodle instead...you will forget about the elephant...just think of the purple poodle.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

11. sniffy Banned Banned

Oh really!

What you appear to want here and Ben 'accidentally' stated (freudian slip?) is a nice little ingroup who pander to all your 'high' intellectual demands and get the in jokes. There is a line up there ^^^^. 'Science' is supposed to be above it and general forum fodder below. Yet you all seem to be so surprised and horrified when you attract those whose interest may lie in the more general material and then go about beating them up when they don't have the desirous lofty science credentials or correct posting style when they dip their precious little toes into the bit above the line! This is a fabulous example of how not to attract peoople to science!! Well done.

If you were all honest about what you really want you wouldn't have to apply your 'rules' so arbitrarilly and piss off your 'more interesting' posters (and no I don't include myself in this group before you blast me with your acidic little tongues) to the extent that they are banned or leave. It appears that as a forum have become victims of your own schizophrenia.

Just be honest about your aims. If it is to recreate some imagined glory days then the mods and this forum need to grow up and away from the bitch fest.

If however you actually want a bitch fest then you are welcome to share my little hole!

Go on delete away.

12. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

No, you must tailor fit your pedagogy to me. I did not understand this symbol. I have no living flies to feed that. I am not closer to not reacting to those who irritate me.

Bring me home, oh, bring me home.

You must be the cortisone to my histaminic overreaction.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, me too. What was deleted??

14. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Great...
    I know your intentions were good, but there is no chance I will get a wink of sleep tonight.

The poodle and the elephant are getting along well however.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you a sockpuppet of shorty?

16. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

You have to role model using the ignore function SAM.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well the sniffy I remember used to be a humorous and intelligent poster. Clearly supernatural forces are at work here.

And if you weren't referriing to sniffy, I put posters on ignore all the time. I need a break from the mod bashers too occasionally.

18. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

No, not referring specifically. Saw you banging head on wall at the end of page 1 in response to somebody and I thought
    well...

19. sniffy Banned Banned

You fucking asked for it!

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't you mean fuking you foul mouthed, maggot ridden, uncouth pustule on the butt of a hamster? :spank:

21. sniffy Banned Banned

I'll get you banned for that.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

/flees

23. sniffy Banned Banned

Hmpf!
    This used to be a humorous and intelligent website.