New Religion for Civilization

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Xmo1, May 1, 2011.

1. Xmo1 Registered Senior Member

There is Google Earth/Sky and Microsoft WorldWide Telescope. Both gather information and display it in a meaningful way. Why not have something similar for the wisdom of the ages. No doubt some ideas would be prominent. Why not structure all of knowledge thusly, so that any given starting point can reach out to greatness? It could scale with human brain development. I can easily envision the field of architecture, for example, as a galaxy of information. Seems that if we can use a computer to simulate the universe, that we could get it to connect fields of knowledge as well, and further to demonstrate the wisdom of the ages.

Why not have it observe and propose solutions to problems? Example: Move some water from this lake to irrigate this arid farmland.
    The top ten wealthiest people have a combined worth of $406 billion. That's a lot of money for 10 people. Got to be a problem somewhere.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ellie Banned Banned

So where\when does the religion part come in?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seems fairly obvious though.

Like laws? We have those already.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xmo1 Registered Senior Member

I was thinking that a religion was a system of codified (doctrine et al) shared beliefs. I was thinking specifically about ethical beliefs, or the agreements that bind civiliations. The dictionary (at least some) definition includes a higher power. I was not thinking about a higher power. So maybe what I was thinking about is not religion.

The last great code I can think of is the U.S. Constitution. Problem is that it ended up spewing 50,000 laws, too many in my opinion, created for selfish or unreasonably fearful reasons.

It is not ok for 10 people to have such wealth (my previous post), while millions of others are starving. It is not ok for corporations to force people to wear their clothing, talk their talk, walk their walk, to persecute people for profit, to dominate and waste resources. It is not ok for gangs to control cities, or for people not to have medical treatment to cure their ills. These are just a few examples of things that should not happen.

My opinion is that there are too many problems on a mass scale. Whatever exists today that is forming and promoting these realities needs to be replaced by something better. Here's a link that I found interesting: evolving altruism

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

What makes you so sure? This has been the assumption of religious people since the dawn of man. Look where it has gotten us. Perhaps the miserable conditions are a result of codifications?

Why? What desired activity? To what ends?

You're absolutely correct, this is not a new idea. You need to question your assumptions and the basis of your premises.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
    ~Albert Einstein

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    ~Albert Einstein