New "Personality" Thread stressing my responsibility

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Tnerb, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Now for all idiots, I wanted to mention something.
    As this is a personality sort thread, personality is what is the basic thing of discussion. Basically.
    But it is in relation with me. And I wanted to tell what I’ve been doing.

Unfortunately I remember when invert nexus says that i’m prone to poor decision making. Obviously, this is true... since now i’m fighting being gay! How in the world. How embarassing. How true, ... me and my women deals, and I didn’t even know what a man is? A man is gay?
    Oh lord! I can’t even fight it. My mom walks in, and starts talking, and I do the little allogator thing with the hand as she talks: “bla bla bla”, i say with my hand to her non-stop talking woman ass.

Thing is, how do I fight something when ...I don’t even know what it is i’m trying to fight? Surely I’m trying to fight being gay. What is the source of my endless bad decision making, which is now making me gay?

Anyone want to laugh at me?

Thing is, what is the source... seems due to lack of responsibility to life. But I want to take responsibility. What is making me not??? I’m only saying this because it’s bothering the hell out of me!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

Also, I'm sorry for how I have typed in previous posts, but as you know, I cant help it now. Invert nexus I hate that you're going to have to sort through my BS post.
    I still am paranoid or something.
    Obviously.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Now waiting for a reply(s), I'm going to make a post I felt I "should."
    There will in this age be more Nietzsche's and Kierkegaards.

Tell me who this reminds you of (if not me):

Their being as exceptions They were exceptions in every sense. Physically, their development was in retard of their character. Their faces disconcert one because of their relative unobtrusiveness. They do not impress one as types of human greatness. It is as if they both lacked something in sheer vitality. Or as though they were eternally young spirits, wandering through the world, without reality because without any real connection with the world.
    Those who knew them felt attracted in an enigmatic way by their presence, as though elevated for a moment to a higher mode of being; but no one really loved them. In the circumstances of their lives, one finds astonishing and alien features. They have been called simply insane. They would be in fact objects for a psychiatric analysis, if that were not to the prejudice of the singular height o f their thought and the nobility of their natures. Indeed, then they would first come to light. But any typical diagnosis or classification would certainly fail.
    They cannot be classed under any eariler type (poet, philosopher, prophet, savior, genius). With them, a new form of human reality appears in history. They are, so to speak, representative destinies, sacrifices whose way out of the world leads to experiences for others. They are by the total staking of their whole natures like modern martyrs, which, however, they precisely denied being. Through their character as exceptions, they solved their problem.
    Both are irreplaceable, as having dared to be shipwrecked.

... I am not going to type anymore, I cried reading this as usually it appears delusional.

What hits me more? Reading this or not reading this?
    Why do I read? I am not a very good reader, as I read notes from underground I slowly begin to figure out his meaning better each reading (though I am not a good reader, so to "speak"); and, Dostoevskys work is brillant too of course. It is just that this book is so cool.

Bad, yeah. But when it says things about me like that in there? And, they're not even about me. I'm like, Ok, I'm going to do that what Jaspers is saying about them. And then i'm like, wait, is that what is causing all this to begin with--- do I really want to keep going on like this, when my nature is probably that but in hiding?

I need to come out and be like Jaspers and not the insane deformed humans.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

The definition of who you are is not something you outsource to New Dehli customer service call centers, nor base on domestic public opinion polling.

Decide for yourself who you are.

Committees exist to strangle ideas before they can escape into the wild.

8. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

ooh! that was a beautifully poetic analogy.

9. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

so how are we doin with understanding personality on this thread? any insights? care to share?

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Umm; see above.

11. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

yeah, thats great! anything else?

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

What more is there?

You know what they say?

"If you have to ask, ..."

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah, no more.

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

If I may suggest something -- here's a talk to listen to:
    Radical acceptance by Tara Brach.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Note. That when I said "yeah, no more." above, I was being sarcastic. Pretty overwhelmingly too.
    Anyway copying one of my quotes isn't going to do, even if it is the one you copied.

"everything I say is a desperate attempt to get someone to understand me", only means, that this statement too is a desperate attempt to get you to understand me.
    There are other quotes.
    That you could copy.

For example, in this thread there is presented a language issue; a "logical" issue that was presented by Invert Nexus in word and Quantum Quack in a post. They are trying to help me which, to this day not a person has put a single attack to my hope of this. I do not seem to be getting any feed back at a first attempt to help, for example....

There are issues, which I doubt you would honestly take to consideration.

But, the issue is un-resolved.
    This is my way of finding out what personality is.
    Wrong or what, I believe that i'm trying to, have that which you are stressing, or so and so.

existabrent

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

water i hate to ask this, but do you know if that lady's a lesbian or no? because she sure sounds feminist: if I could get it to quit buffering.

ps i think you rock

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

exista....are you saying you are struggling psychologically cause you think your Gay?

18. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I don't know if Tara Brach is a lesbian or not. I don't think it matters here, either.
    I think the talk I linked to is good and useful -- and in my opinion, very well addresses some of the issues you often bring up.

(She also wrote a book on the issue of self-acceptance, but I haven't read that one, so I can't say more about that.)

As for the technical issue: Try downloading the talk onto your computer, save it to your disk, so you can then listen to it when you're offline, with no buffering problems.

P.S.

I rock, yes. Thank you.

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

well, yes. but it is because of issues such: my mom ...i talk to her and tell her i think she is a lesbian. she says no. and we have tones which share our inner feelings, which ...mine is showing this. hers is commanding (un-intentional) about how i am acting this way, thus, (proving my point) and also making me not like her as her voice is womanly. so, i am going to my room at this time feeling very bad as psychologically i am becoming fucked up. i am thinking i am gay as I give up from her "womanly charm"....

hell i don't know

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

at that time i was struggling psychologically.
    and, i think that is a very serious problem.....

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

thanks water you made me happy.
    but i still can hate women if they can hate men

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

If you're looking for real understanding in a time-efficient fashion, dispense with the melodrama.

You invite me to your party, and then insult me?

For saying, "Whoever you are, be you"?

I'm Straight. I know I'm straight.

I've worked for/with gays. I knew they were gay.

I've hired gays. I knew they were gay.

I married a lesbian. I knew she was a lesbian.

You don't know me. You don't even know yourself.

What I said previously was all that needed saying.

In time, you'll learn to cut to the chase, dispense with the melodramatics, and just get on with your life.

You're not there yet.

Nice party. Gotta go.

I'm just not a Soap fan.

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

Gee wiz man.
    How else do you expect me to say,
    "I have a problem, you are denying it."

I was wondering when someone else would reply.

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

Water,

I really liked the talk(s), and such. I'd like to talk with you, about the issues. Like, I haven't found much truth in it (talk) again, like i'm apparently doing with everyone including reality.sys dude (who, IMO, rocks too). But anyway, that doesn't matter, I just wanted to talk because I can't seem to get ...into... anything...

I used to live with my grandparents and now i'm living with my mom and dad. I don't knwo what to say and I think i'm fucked

not funny, thou