Netanyahu aide: Israel using Collective Punishment on children of Gaza because parent

Discussion in 'World Events' started by common_sense_seeker, Jul 10, 2010.

1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So what.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

So what so what. are you that divorced from reality and humanity that you can say that, you've just so whated a crime against humanity, a freaking war crime. but that's right I forgot it jews doing and their victims are arabs palestinians so the law doesn't matter just Israel's wishes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Elections have consequences, they should have thought of that before they voted.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

The parents had a choice, the children didn't.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

So it's time for Israel to find its own way in the world without US support.
    So do crimes like that. Israel has been coddled, protected from the consequences of its behavior, for too long.

10. soullust Registered Senior Member

I don't think it would matter much longer any way.

The USA and The UK are in such a hole, that soon they will barely be able to support it's own.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yeah the party that loses leaves power.
    So they should have voted for a corrupt party that sells them out? I know you feel all palestinians deserve to die because they want their rights but voting for a party that said they would secure them is no reason to kill children.

All actions have consequences. Funny how you think jews and Israel shouldn't suffer them.

I know you lack the humanity to care but what you support and go yeah about is quite simply the worst crimes a person can commit.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Your dealing with someone who thinks the palestinians deserve to die for having the balls to stand up for them selves you think a simple moral truth like that is going to sway him?

13. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I'm sure that you also believe 9/11 attacks were thus justified consequences. You know OBL uses democracy as a argument against attacking 'innocent Americans' :shrug:

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's the crime?

15. Bells Staff Member

Can I ask, do you consider Palestinians to be human beings?

16. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Looks to me like the point the Israeli guy is trying to make is that the Palestinian children are suffering because their parents are perpetuating a war from within their own midst. Does a pretty crap job of getting the point across, though. As for spidergoat, please tell me you don't think the kids actually deserve to suffer for whatever the parents are doing. Say it ain't so!

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Principle VI states,

"The crimes hereinafter set out are punishable as crimes under international law:

(a) Crimes against peace:

(i) Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances;

(ii) Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the acts mentioned under (i).

(b) War crimes:

Violations of the laws or customs of war which include, but are not limited to, murder, ill-treatment or deportation of slave labor or for any other purpose of the civilian population of or in occupied territory; murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war or persons on the Seas, killing of hostages, plunder of public or private property, wanton destruction of cities, towns, or villages, or devastation not justified by military necessity.

(c) Crimes against humanity:

Murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation and other inhumane acts done against any civilian population, or persecutions on political, racial, or religious grounds, when such acts are done or such persecutions are carried on in execution of or in connection with any crime against peace or any war crime."

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If the society deserves to suffer, then the kids will too. It's not as if the Israelis are condoning murder, just the limitation of goods to the terrorist regime and it's citizens.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Yes it is.

Murder and worse.

We should cease protecting them from the consequences of such behavior.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh boy now your going to point out their death camps and human ovens?

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I point to the level of reasoning and argument visible throughout the defenders of Israel's behavior, and rest my case.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

One can easily say the same thing about any sanctions, such as with Iran. Will the economy and therefore the children suffer? Probably.

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If so, the same moral judgment would apply.

In particular, if the Iranians were herded into reservation areas and fenced in, enabling enforcement of the sanctions and freeing up land, water, other resources, for the imposer of the sanctions, then the equivalent moral judgment would seem reasonable.

But Israel has a unique record of action here, and has lost its moral standing more or less completely. It cannot survive like this in any admirable, or even supportable, form. Time to find out which way it is going to choose.