Nervous Glitches

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Avatar, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Wanted to ask a guestion.
    I'm not so good in human biology(don't like it)
    so I ask smone better at it->

->I had these experiences like - was reading a book and even without thinking of it I suddenly kicked a close by chair with my leg[I wasn't reading any horror, yust learning for my history class]
    And then again I was lieing in a bed and then without any thoughts yust kicked the wall with my leg. [and couple of more xp]
    All these times I kicked really fast, so fast tht if I could repeat them in Taekwon- Do match I would be a sure winner

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So I assume my brain creates these nervous signals, without saying tht to me. My subconsciousness? Or is it some mailfunction or smth?

And about tht "fast"-> is the speed of movement dependent of adrenalin concentration in blood. If so, then my brain planned tht for quite a while, not so fast tht I even do not predict tht.

Yust kinda interesting

Your ideas, fellow biologists

?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Well... I have never done that while fully awake, but quite regularly, as I am falling asleep, or reading and falling asleep, etc, I'll experience one of these limb twitches or even a sudden, violent, full-body twitch.

Searching a bit, I found that it is likely caused by "hypnagogic myoclonus", and often it's preceded by a sensation of falling. Supposedly harmless, perhaps others have more information?

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

I have had a similar experience in a really early, really boring class. I was falling asleep and just started to dream about playing soccer and when I kicked the ball in my dream, I really kicked the chair in front of me. It was quite embarassing.

I have read somewhere that this is the result of the brain not quite being disengaged from the body yet before the dream begins.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.