Nemesis

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by malkavpunk, Oct 7, 2005.

1. malkavpunk Now with Child Protective Cap Registered Senior Member

A was conversing with a traveler the other day, about the idea of a sould mate, an idea that is excepted by many people; that there is a person "or perhaps type of person" that is perfect counterpoint to yourself, a perfect fit, to halves coming together to make whole, you get the point.

it got me thinking about something my friend Ian (Pollux V) told me once, although i think he was joking. He believed that every person has a nemesis. Another form of spiritual counter-point, but in this case representing everything you are against, or perhaps representing the anti-thesis of all that you feel you represent.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these ideas? Specifically of the idea of Nemesises?

PS: what is the correct plural form of "Nemesis".

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. //drift I've Seen it. . .It's Rubbish Registered Senior Member

I like the idea. I'd love to be close to a nemesis.. if they were a person so perfectly opposite to you that they'd constantly reassure you of your true feelings, and be a living reminder of who and what you are at all times. Itd be lifeaffirming, and if the feeling was completely mutual I like to imagine you could fall into some kind of exotic anti-Love

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

.. dependence on them to feel strength of your own personality just by considering and disagreeing with absolutely Everything about them.
    aah, beautiful.. Plus it could be fun to battle with your *boom* Arch Nemesis..Movie style. like you're trying to cancel eachother out.
    I think it's a flowery fantastic idea.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.