Need Advice to Overcome Weakness Forever

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lixluke, Jun 11, 2009.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I'm really commited this time to create and follow a daily routine to eradicate a lifetime of scrawniness, chronic fatigue, and dysthymia. There is a good exercise that I found, but I'm still too weak to do it.
    Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HczU3cAdWwQ&feature=channel_page

My goal is to eventually have a body just like that dude. Slim and fit. For now, I'm not sure how long it will take me to even level up to get to the point where I can actually do the exercises that the guy teaches. Can anybody recommend a good full body routine to get me at least strong enough so that I can do that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

he doesnt look that buff, he is just skinny.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Some chicks dig a scrawny bloke.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Can you do basic push-ups and other no weight added exercises now ?

Are you over or under desired weight ?

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

How about you pick up some free weights?

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have 2 5lb dumbells. I can do both in one hand for biceps. I can do about 4 pushups at a time just like the first one in the video. But ya, he's thin, but at least he's toned up. That's my goal. Right now, I'm just thin and flimsy like Lelouch Lamperouge.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Lelouch Lamperouge?? Do straight guys really say things like that?

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I need a picture of you to give better advice.

But if you can manage it, I suggest that you buy a bench and squat rack combo and 300 lbs barbell set.

Do this workout:

Workout A:
    Squats 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Bent Over Rows 3x5 or Power Clean 3x5

Workout B:
    Squats 3x5
    Standing Military Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5

Then, you workout 3 nonconsecutive days a week with 2 days off like this:

A-off-B-off-A-off-off-B-off-A-off-B-off-off-A.... etc

Every workout you increase the weight for each exercise by 5-10 lbs. The squats and deadlifts will be the easiest to increase weight in. I went from 95 lbs squats to 225 in just 2.5 months. Also, I gained about 10 lbs in that same time period... very little being fat. So the effect was more muscle than fat => leaner look.

Next, you go on a calorie controlled diet. You are to follow these 4 dieting rules:

1) Eat about the same number of calories everyday. Start somewhere random.. like 2500 calories.
    2) Every meal must contain a lot of protein.
    3) Eat at least 1 gram of protein per lbs of bodyweight.
    3) You must eat as clean as possible. This means no fast food, no Twinkies, no candy, etc.

I used to be very anal about counting every thing.. fat, carbs, protein, etc. It's not necessary... just make sure your calories are under control and you are getting in enough protein.

Track your weight. If you are getting noticeably fat or gaining more than 0.5-1 lbs a week, then cut the calories by 200-500 calories.

Now you say you want to tone up. It is going to be a lot easier if you build some muscle because muscle feeds on fat (your organs do, too... but you can't make them burn much more than they are now).

You have to remember that when losing fat, building muscle, whatever... that the gym is only 20% of the equation. Diet is 80%. The old saying goes "abs are made in the kitchen." To get leaner you need to go in a calorie deficit... but if you don't follow the proper workout routine, your body's metabolism will slow down to compensate for the reduced food intake.

12. EmeraldAxe Registered Senior Member

Everything you've said seems like decent advice, especially the diet bit, but that much protein is not necessary. You may need to increase your protein intake, but not 300-400%.

13. Saven Registered Member

Buff means being muscular. He is that. Having a sixset abs needs more than being merely "skinny." It needs constant exercising to maintain tone and you have to be slim.

The young man in that video is quite strong, and you can tell that just by looking at him in his other videos. He's also very good looking and probably has sex a lot.

14. John99 Banned Banned

it requires work and that is all, no work no benefits.

15. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

That dude looks like a little woosy! If you want to build strength and muscle mass, you never want to "explode". You want to do exercises slowly.
    I gained weight by using a complex carb mix, and protein powder.
    http://www.mysupplementstore.com/zecaisbynabe.html

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

300-400% based on what starting point?

Really, it should be 1 gram per lbs of lean body mass. If you're 250 lbs with only 180 lbs of LBM, then 250 grams of protein is overkill.

Unless you are on a low carb type of diet... then that's realistic.

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Is diet really that important? I figured I could eat anything, and tone up as long as I'm doing the exercises. So the 3x5 would mean doing 3 sets of 5 reps each? I get the 2-week 'A-off-B-off' cycle thing. I just don't have any of that equipment. I do have one of those 60cm yoga balls and 2 5lb dumbells.

It doesn't seem too complicated though. I could probably do this if I join a gym. You know any good vids that depict these exercises?
    Workout A:
    Squats 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Bent Over Rows 3x5 or Power Clean 3x5

Workout B:
    Squats 3x5
    Standing Military Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Ya. It's an example. I'm thin and flimsly like Lelouch. Why? If I were athletic like Suzaku, I'd have the best of both worlds. That's why my ultimate goal is gymnastics. I already have excellent balance and agility. I just need to built up my strength and flexibility. So I plan to do it in phases.

Phase 1 - Basic strength training to get my strength up to a decent level.
    Phase 2 - Real body sculpting like the guy in that video teaches.
    Phase 3 - Flexibility and full gymnastics training.

19. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Diet is absolutely critical. We talked about this awhile back. You need supplements as well, vitamins etc.

It's like a car, if you run it hard you will burn more fuel. That is what your doing. If you don't replenish your body with nutrients and water it will run down and it will take you longer to recover.

It will take time.

I would start with a regimen of push ups and crunches, small free weights and build up to larger ones, mix in some aerobic activity. After you get you body used to a certain level of activity then you can start to expect returns from lifting heavier weights.

Remember, heavy weights fewer reps will build bigger muscles, lighter weights more reps will build a leaner body.

Good luck.

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Daily:
    I'm drinking green drinks (kale, celery, lemon, apple, banana).
    Eating salmon.
    Drinking CytoSport Muscle Milk shake with soy milk and nuts.
    I sometimes end up eating chips.

21. ptvo Registered Member

Eat a lot of protein and sleep.

22. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

BWA HA HA HAAAAA !!!

Hey "LuLu" - Run any laps around the old Academy lately ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Keep dreamin', buddy.

Maybe they'll hand you the keys to the Lancelot, too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Lix you suck I told you like 4 years ago what to do. heres some advice Follow throug wit something your word of the day toilet paper will be "consistency".

To bulk up you need to consume 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. for example (or if you have learning difficulty or dyslexia) If you weigh in at 200 lbs you must eat 200 grams of protein per day.

Do your basic damn workouts fuck all this new workout bullpoop. when your at a standard decent level of overall speed/strength/fitness then you can go do all the fancy shit you like man.

Squats,
    Pullups,
    push ups,
    Sit ups,
    Roman sit ups.
    Leg Raises,
    Extented stance holding example, horse stance, low stance or even holding small weights out for long periods.

Go running and jogging, Eat your vegetables, Drink alot of water, around 10-14 glasses a day not no 7-8 glasses that's for couch potatoes. Drink a protein shake after a workout and before if you want. Crack an eg in if you wanna go hard like rocky for all it matters. When you do your workouts Sets are important, You cant just do reps you gotta do sets. Dont worry about looking strong just train hard and be strong, posting about it on the internet is your worst mistake you just lucky im here today by coincidence to help your ass. Just stop talking and start doing Lix you should be a fucking hulk by now since I told you to start training. you dont need to go gym lisft up some damn trash cans if you have to.

*turns off angry PT mode*

Wasup anyway I hope all is good with you and your problems are becomming fewer.

Peace