Natural Medicine as opposed to pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by thinking, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Reference? Allowed by whom?

Reference?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thinking Banned Banned

so stupid people are people that read the book and learn from it

but the "smart people " are those that are ignorant

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

Reference: the listed side effects.Listen to them in the commercials they are worse than the problem most times.
    Pimple medication that make you bleed from the eyes?
    Diet pills that give you heart attacks?
    Blood presure pills that cause penis dissfigurement?
    sleeping pills that cause insomnia?
    All you have to do is listen to, or read the side effects and it takes about 2 seconds to figure out that it would be worse than the original problem.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Obviously I'm wasting my time talking with you. You're too bone-headed to recognize the truth and FAR to willing to buy into a stupid myth!

Whatever else you do, kid, do yourself a favor and stay in school - you are in serious need of an education.

8. thinking Banned Banned

you are the one who lacks education and an open mind

obviously

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Nonsense.

Life expectancy has increased dramatically, even in the last 50 years. And that's largely down to modern medicine.

Nonsense.

All drugs go through a rigorous approval process. A new drug might be tested for 10 years after its invention before it is approved for general use by actual human patients.

Side effects are generally known precisely because of the rigorous scientific testing that is done. Drugs are only approved if side effects are rare or minimal.

Were the medications you are thinking of approved for sale following rigorous scientific testing?

If so, how was it that the scientists and doctors testing these drugs failed to pick up in 10 years what you figured out in 2 seconds?

You must be a genius. You should offer your services to the health industry immediately.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

HA! My education and experience FAR exceeds anything you most likely will ever achieve. You impress me as nothing but a young know-nothing kid who is going to fall for every huckster and con artist that comes along. Only you can correct that - but I doubt if you will make the effort!

11. thinking Banned Banned

you don't actually impress me at all

despite your education and experience you lack an open mind

which should come with education and experience and wisdom

but you know it all , a god

tell me then what do oxidents mean to the Human body ? without looking it up ?

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

not surprising when you think about it. a lot of medicines were formed from research into toxins

13. thinking Banned Banned

true

14. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

Yup I guess the dergulation of the pharmicudical industry could have nothing to do with it.
    30 years ago these same medications would have not made it passed the testing phase.

Funny how every coulpe of years they ban a medication because people start dieing. hmmm government testing must miss a lot.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Once again you display your sheer ignorance. One can only assume that when you said "oxidents" that you meant "free radicals" - which, yes, are harmful to body tissues.

Incidentally, the correct spelling of the word is really "oxidants" and I doubt if you even understand what oxidation is all about.

16. thinking Banned Banned

so what counter acts oxidents or free radicals ?

17. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

sure, but tell'em to legalize marijuana first. Thats the best natural medicine.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Simple: anti-oxidants. They are found in MANY common foods - such as tomatoes, grapes, different, teas and dozens and dozens of other things.

And once again, silly, it's "OXIDANTS" - not "oxidents."

19. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Weed-only...

as I sift through your statements I find you to be a compulsive insulter who belittles nearly everyone you encounter. Pathetic. I can even make a case...I simply search your name and copy all your malicious comments (roughly what...90% of everything you ever say?) and put them all on one thread to expose your cruel hearted mind so that others will have fair warning that they are dealing with a half-witted dote who has little to no social grace...

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Knock yourself out, dummy! My purpose here never was to make friends but to learn (which I do daily) and slap idiots everywhere I encounter them. Your pathetic attempt at trying to give me a put-down only serves to confirm that I'm accomplishing EXACTLY what I intended!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. copernicus66 Banned Banned

Uhh, no, he's right actually. Man has survived for tens of thousands of years without many of today's medicines. Average life expectancy and quality of life may not have been as good, but people still survived long enough to breed and produce the next generation.

You're living in fairy land. It's always difficult to assess long term side effects (witness thalidomide). And drugs can be approved even if side effects are severe (eg. AZT and cytotoxic cancer drugs).

You are aware that many medications are natural compounds, or were derived from natural compounds, right? Digoxin, a treatment for congestive heart failure, comes from the foxglove plant. Taxol, an anti-cancer drug, comes from the bark of the Pacific Yew tree. Salicylic acid (the active component of aspirin) comes from the willow tree. Captopril (a blood pressure medication) had its design based on the venom of a pit viper. Pencillin was extracted and purified from Penicillium mold. Need I go on?

It's worth noting that while digoxin comes from a natural source, it can also have some pretty nasty side effects.
    Synthetic analogues and tweaking can result in improved efficiacy and fewer side effects when compared with natural compounds.
    So yeah, just because a treatment is 'natural' doesn't mean it is less toxic.

22. thinking Banned Banned

so anti-oxidants are naturally derived

hmmm.. interesting

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  23. thinking Banned Banned

I understand your point

nothing knew

I know that the natural approach to Health has its dangers

but at the same-time if one takes the natural approach to health , for the most part it gives the body nutrients to fight health problem(s)

whereas pharmas have nothing to do with giving the Human body what it Naturally needs

pharmas are not about pervention but about " if you have "

thats the difference between Natural and pharmas

Natural > prevention of health problems

pharmas > wait till the problem becomes manifest