NASA Researchers Claim Evidence of Present Life on Mars

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by btimsah, Feb 18, 2005.

1. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Do not hold your breath although.
    If there were not degenerate idiots - yes

e

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

s

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Iris Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite, thank you for the info, but...

What Btimsah said was that the evidence is growing "stronger and stronger". The information you posted is conjectural at best. Even you yourself had to admit that is was merely "suggestive" and "intriguing".

And I was already familiar with that information. I thought, from the way he said it, that Btimsah had access to some other news item that I hadn't heard yet.

So I consider that Btimsah's assertion that the evidence for current life on Mars is "growing stronger and stronger" remains unproven.

Question: Why do you think NASA is "obligated" to conceal any evidence of life on Mars? If the existence of current life on Mars were proven, their budget would increase--overnight--about a hundredfold, and we'd have a manned expedition to Mars under way in about a couple of weeks. So why would they want to keep it quiet?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. extrasense Registered Senior Member

--- If the existence of current life on Mars were proven, their budget would increase ---
    You see, those who control the thing, care more about their butts, which will be kicked for their incompetence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Maddad Time is a Weighty Problem Registered Senior Member

btimsah
    What is your problem? Do you also think we didn't go to the moon?

You know that; we don't. Then again, you also know the Earth is flat.

Agreed.

Conspiracy theories are more fun than thinking.

8. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Yes.
    Cancel you newspaper subscriptions today - save the planet.

e

s

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Save bandwidth, put extrasense on your Ignore List.

10. btimsah Registered Senior Member

I know we went to the Moon. Remember when NASA found the burnt mark (from landing/takeoff) that was on the photos, AFTER we landed on the Moon? Those marks were not there BEFORE the landing.

Again, I am not saying NASA is in a conspiracy, but that evidence of ETI (that is found) is classified as top secret.

If you don't agree, then that's fine. I'm not saying it's a fact or anything. It's a hypothesis based testimony from former government employee's as well as NASA and our Military's own operating documents.

11. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Like a lot of things, I suppose it depends on what you're idea of evidence is.

1. Water was once on Mars, and could be there today. Not just ice.
    2. Conditions underground could be perfect for life.
    3. The LR experiment DID test positive for life. Given 1 and 2 that's not really a surprise.
    4. Replenishment of Methane in the Martian atmosphere, possibly from life.

This is what I was referring too, as the list of evidence growing. The arrow is pointing closer and closer to microbial life being on Mars. Right?

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

But as Iris says none of this is new. And as I said it is merelysuggestive and intriguing.
    Let us suppose that your supposition is correct - that NASA is required, or has decided, to conceal evidence of extraterrestrial life.
    Let us further suppose that they have some evidence that it may exist. This evidence, even if conclusive is incomplete. i.e. NASA does not know the exact form this life takes, does not know the extent of its knowledge of us; does not know the level or nature of its interest in us.
    In these circumstances would it not make sense for NASA to seek to acquire as much information as possible. That would be in line with their charter, and since they could withold any information that was obtained, they could meet their security requirement also.
    A substantial increase, or rather renaissance, in manned exploration, of the moon, Mars and beyond would greatly aid this goal.
    What better way to gain the budget for such activity than to play up the possibility of life on Mars if that life were microbial. That would in know way infringe their alleged requirement to keep quite about the existence of ET. So why would they not do this?
    This seems to me, even after we take your base supposition as valid (which I do not, except for the sake of discussion), to completely destroy your argument.

13. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

14. extrasense Registered Senior Member

15. btimsah Registered Senior Member

lol - the

is cracking me up. It's interesting to note how some defend NASA almost like a child, and others like myself have no problem taking them to task.

16. btimsah Registered Senior Member

There are alternate suggestions as to ensure funding for future missions Ophiolite.

Some suggest the reason NASA is so slow, or even say disinterested in proving the existance of any life in outerspace is to keep dangling that carrot out there; To make sure funding continues.

Now, the flipside assumption is that once life is detected and proven to exist that NASA would secure even more funding. I suppose it depends on what kind of life and again back to the main theme of weather or not they COULD reveal such an existance without threatening our national security. It's an extremely complex issue that has almost no correct answer because in the end we don't know EXACTLY what is designated as top secret.

You have only destroyed my argument, if it's taken from you're prospective of only one way to continue funding. My guess is that they continually dangle the potential discovery for MICROBIAL life, perhaps looking for more solid evidence, but are NOT ABLE to release ANY information which would confirm the existance of ETI and the danger of their crafts/structures.

I mean, when you consider they classified 23,000 images of the far-side of the Moon; You are left with very few chooses as to why - and then ask what else are they obligated to classify and why?

17. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

How do you know that there are any images classified, much less 23k? I'm not saying they aren't, I just haven't seen anyone but you say it. Is there a NASA or DoD link that confirms it, or is it just urban legend?

18. btimsah Registered Senior Member

This is where I've been frustrated, and hope the FOIA request helps.

The only site that I've found that really talks about is this one; http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/sdi/program/furlotte/sdi240.html

IF this is true (that their classified) I was thinking that maybe some very noticible features have changed since they were last photographed.. lol, of course this means ALIENS EXIST AND ARE BUSY WORKING ON THE MOON WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN A FEW YEARS.

Just interesting conjecture, but if they did classify them it only leads to extraordinary suggestions in one way or another.

19. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

So, in other words, there's no reason to believe that there are actually 23,000 images classified by the government that come from the dark side of the moon. That is precisely the sort of thing people like to concoct to perpetuate the grand conspiracy of organizations like NASA who are "keeping the aliens from the public."

It occurred to me that Clementine made a couple of Earth orbits before heading out to the moon and it may have taken some photos of locations here that could have legitimately been classified secret/top secret depending on the image resolution and target.

I don't know if it took images of Earth or not, however.

20. btimsah Registered Senior Member

I know you would love to make this mundane, but my FOIA request should answer the questions about this. I asked specifically if they had any images related to the Moon that were classified.

21. Iris Registered Senior Member

But...government funding doesn't work like this. If your program doesn't come up with results, you don't get even more money to keep doing research. Eventually they shut off your funding.

And NASA keeps not coming up with "life on Mars" results, so Congress keeps appearing disinclined to increase their funding. This is a fact.

http://www.aip.org/fyi/2004/098.html

Right--that's exactly the point I was making. So, since we are in agreement that official scientific evidence of life on Mars would mean that NASA would get more funding, why would you continue to think that they are suppressing evidence of life on Mars?

Please explain how you think that NASA would think that revealing the existence of life on Mars would "threaten our national security". Please outline their supposed train of thought.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

This aspect has amazed me too (the argument of national security). I mean, "life on mars", fantastic, I would organize a huge party (that's a promise), wine, girls and linux geeks

, etc, I mean, it's not that a "life on mars" headline would make me to load myself with explosives and go on a suicide mission to the nearest telescope

23. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Hum,
    i suppose that it’s possible that they have found no life there at all.
    And (<i>if</i>) they are covering up their findings, that it’s a barren desolate place, void of all life...
    well, it keeps them in a job...