NASA Obligated To Hide ETI?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by btimsah, Feb 2, 2006.

1. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

People arguing about things they can never know. How amusing.

It's definitely possible that ET/ETI information has been hidden. It might be sensible for government to do so.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  4. Kibbles Registered Senior Member

Interesting.

Via the Space Act wording it seems NASA could "hide" such information and be following the law.
    I think it's also likely that if the U.S. Government asked them to do so, they would, both for national security and as a simple courtesy to the US Govt.
    I suppose though that this is standard procedure for any organization with information that might be used to significantly harm U.S. military objectives. (Like the companies that design jet fighters and stuff)

Of course, this is not sufficient to assume that such a thing has happened.

However if Nasa found "something", I think that the best way to hide it is with a disinformation campaign designed to make people look in the wrong direction. In my opinion, judging from the vast amount of contradictory public info on the issue and the odd way the USAF deals with these thing, this is what seems to have happened.

So it seems to me that the US Military has found (or made) "something" and that the USAF is hiding it, and that NASA, assuming it is involved in the issue, would avoid releasing any information on this that could harm the country. Whatever this "something" is is probably very far from what we've heard about so far and there are probably many of these somethings being hidden at any one time.

This is normal in the same way that businesses hide their trade secrets from competitors. Not what I'd call a conspiracy but certainly not nothing.

Of course, I'm guessing at best.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  5. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  6. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Circumstantial evidence, I believe it's called

7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Circumstantial speculation would be a more accurate phrase.

8. glenn239 Registered Senior Member

I think that the following from the Space Act suggests that the jurisdiction for anything ET falls outside NASA,

The Congress further declares that such activities shall be the responsibility of, and shall be directed by, a civilian agency exercising control over aeronautical and space activities sponsored by the United States, except that activities peculiar to or primarily associated with the development of weapons systems, military operations, or the defense of the United States (including the research and development necessary to make effective provision for the defense of the United States) shall be the responsibility of, and shall be directed by, the Department of Defense; and that determination as to which such agency has responsibility for and direction of any such activity shall be made by the President in conformity with section 201 (e).

9. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well, of course there's no direct reference to "ET's" in the space act. So, we have to follow a more broad term such as Unknown Objects, which could be terrestrial or not.

Either way, these object's of unknown origin (enemy or alien) would be of interest of our military for study. Ironically, we may have proof of just such a corroberation.

In the Kecksburgh case, for years NASA and the Military have been lying about what crashed there. I believe they have given us 3 explanation's, and NASA has allready DEBUNKED the current one. In addition too that, the documents they used to claim this object was a "Russian" Sat has been lost, including (im sure) the Russian Sat that looked like a huge acorn with no russian symbols on the side.

What does all of that mean? It means that at Kecksburgh, the Military recovered a craft of unknown origin and (They said) they sent it too NASA to be "studied". All the while claiming they recovered nothing. Now they are saying, "we recovered a Russian satellite - even though we have no documents that prove it'.

If the documents don't exist, then how did they all of a sudden figure this out?

10. Possibly via a device called a telephone: in this scenario they dialled a few digits, asked for the office number of the Director of the Russian Federal Space Administration and asked him "Vlad? Have you lost any satelights recently?"

An unusually straightforward and practical approach for a Government Agency to take I grant you but, y'know, doable...