NASA Obligated To Hide ETI?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by btimsah, Feb 2, 2006.

1. btimsah Registered Senior Member

http://anomalous.wordpress.com/2006/01/12/the-space-act/

Can NASA release evidence of alien intelligence to the public? This depends greatly on how they are allowed to operate. How do we find this out? We read the Space Act of course... This act was designed as a general outline of the Administrators guide with do's and dont's regarding information and findings made while in the position of administrator. The part which deals with states what they can and cannot do regarding such a thing as ETI spacecraft.

* SPACE ACT: Sec. 303. (a) Information obtained or developed by the Administrator in the performance of his functions under this Act shall be made available for public inspection; except (A) information authorized or required by Federal statute to be withheld, (B) information classified to protect the national security.

Essentially what this is, well just what it says. NASA Administrator can release information for public viewing and inspection, as long as the information is not classified to protect the national security. To further drive home this point, that NASA is obligated to hide some data read this;

* SPACE ACT: The (administrator) making available to agencies directly concerned with national defense, of discoveries that have military value or significance, and the furnishing by such agencies, to the civilian agency established to direct and control nonmilitary aeronautical and space activities, of information as to discoveries which have value or significance to that agency.

This is essentially saying, if the administrator comes into “DISCOVERIES” that would have anything to do with our national defense, then we need to hand it over to them. So, would unknown/ETI objects (Vehicles or structures) fall under such an umbrella? I would certainly consider intelligent alien vehicles A DISCOVERY THAT HAS SIGNIGIFIGANT MILITARY VALUE. Well, let’s see;

* SPACE ACT: (2) the term “aeronautical and space vehicles” means aircraft, missiles, satellites, and OTHER space vehicles, manned and unmanned, together with related equipment, devices, components, and parts.

The "Other space vehicles" opens the door to a lot. This could constitute (not that it has) ALIEN SPACE VEHICLES, AND RELATED EQUIPMENT, DIVICES, COMPONENTS, AND PARTS.

I would suggest reading this; http://astrobiology.arc.nasa.gov/workshops/societal/societal_report.pdf

For a look at how the space act and the "threat of intelligent alien life" might have on our society. It's important to understand that I am not saying this means NASA HAS covered up anything. What I am saying, is that via the Space Act - the wording is sufficient to assume that they very well could "hide" such a thing and be following the law.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Didn't you know? Nasa is run by aliens.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. btimsah Registered Senior Member

yep..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Pseudoscience section please.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Any discovery of aliens by NASA would result in a massive increase in their budget and status in our culture. I can't see any reason why they would want to keep it a secret.

9. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Exactly right.

10. Why?

Although frankly I'm in perfect accord with Superluminals response to this, there's just something about INAPPROPRIATE CAPITALISATION that's just pulls at they eye, y'know...?

11. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I just thought up a slogan for btimsah.

btimsah: because fuzzy black dots and pictures of rocks must be space aliens.

12. Dudish dude Look out behind you...ZOMBIE!! Registered Senior Member

I agree

13. Anomalous Banned Banned

Just shut your open wide mouth. This thread is about the legal aspects that can help an Alien encounter coverup by US.

I always wonder, US people being so dumb, why are they so advanced.

14. btimsah Registered Senior Member

To the completely non-substantive "responses" above;

It appears many of you did not read the thread, because this nothing to do with my past moon images, or "funding for NASA". You need to make sure you use your correct debunking tactics in the correct thread.

Now, it's important that you read the quote below;

To suggest the quote above is pseudoscience is rather funny, when you consider it's NASA's operating procedures.

If this is moved to pseudoscience I will need to do another thread on weather the Space Act is really pseudoscience.

15. Dudish dude Look out behind you...ZOMBIE!! Registered Senior Member

Because, believe it or not, there are actually some clever people in america. Also the chances of NASA hiding something like this is very small.

16. btimsah Registered Senior Member

This is doing nothing more than replacing substance with ridicule, thus revealing how empty you are.

This thread has nothing to do with rocks or any pictures, but I understand how you would still be fanatically drawn to debates of old. It's hard for you to let go of.

Get over it and get some substance!

17. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Leaks do occur, so that debunkery doesnt really mean much. There are witnesses from inside NASA who have spoken of them being obligated to hide sensitive ETI information. So, you might be right - NASA has not succeeded in hiding it completely? :m:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  18. btimsah Registered Senior Member

So, your saying NASA should have just violated the Space Act and their operating procedures because of the potential for increased funding.

I wish they would as well, that would work for me...

19. btimsah Registered Senior Member

NASA does not want to keep it secret, the DoD/government does. This isnt a personal attack against NASA. They have to follow rules and laws, NASA works with the DoD and has to follow these security requirements. It's not up for discussion for them.

20. btimsah Registered Senior Member

If you feel the Space Act is Pseudoscience..

21. Dudish dude Look out behind you...ZOMBIE!! Registered Senior Member

Hey, has anyone read "Deception Point"? the whole book is about this topic, and in the end there was no proof that NASA did hide anything about aliens. I know its just a book but i think it tells a certain truth.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

NASA actively promoted the idea of Alien Life when they went public with meteorite ALH 84001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALH84001

Anyway, NASA aren't the only space agency. They'd go public with what they knew, or they'd look pretty silly if ESA or someone published first. I mean, NASA, and it's huge budget, losing out on a scoop like proving alien life? That would be an embarrassment.

23. btimsah Registered Senior Member

No I've never read that, but it sounds interesting. It's important to understand that if the evidence of ETI was hidden, how would we prove it?

The reason it's so difficult to get anywhere in this field is because it plays on so many hypotheticals. Do aliens exist? Does NASA know if they do? Does NASA know what the hell they are? Is it hidden? How much is hidden? How can you prove it's hidden, if the evidence is hidden?

It's incredibly difficult..

So I figure it's easier to start from this question; Can NASA release evidence of ETI (or objects of unknown origin)? Answer that one first, then move on..