Nasa Faked Moon Landing

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Present, Dec 10, 2005.

1. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

>> Just what would kick up the dust?

read the thread.... even walking there from Earth !!!

LOL

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

answer the following uri:
    who returned the first photographs of the far side of the moon?
    what country was americas enemy untill 1991?
    why hasn't russia produced ANY evidence that the moon landings were faked?

edit
    you can harp on the "scientific" aspect all you want.
    but a little logic will dispell any notion of the landings being faked.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RickyH Valued Senior Member

OK well.... The moon DOES have an atmosphere there for it can keep a CONSTANT temperature

As you may have learned, the moon doesn't have any air around it. The air that surrounds our earth acts as a nice blanket to keep us warm and comfy! But the moon, since it doesn't have this blanket, gets much colder than the earth — and much hotter than the earth. On the side of the moon that the sun is shining on, the temperature reaches 260°Fahrenheit! That is hotter than boiling. On the dark side of the moon, it gets very cold, -280° Fahrenheit. :m:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

That wasn't too bright. Your first two sentences contradict each other. :bugeye:

8. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I think he was quoting.

9. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Again that is the surface temp. not the temp a foot or even 1 inch above the surface. Heat needs some way to convect or transfer and since there is practally no atmosphere,,,,

10. RickyH Valued Senior Member

That is the temperature of the atmosphere....not the ground im getting the feeling you guys don't have half a clue other then half an idea and a 4th of an education of the moon

11. RickyH Valued Senior Member

The fact it doesn't have air but it has an atmosphere is not a contradiction i possibly should have pasted more from that site.. or better yet explain to you what air is

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

yeah, like you have been there.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

please do.

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

i am a skeptic, i don't believe you.
    have you forgotten? i am elvis i know everything.

16. RickyH Valued Senior Member

I'll do you one better i will give you the deffinition to atmosphere and air and while im at it a skeptic as well

All deffinitions from www.dictionary.com

1. The gaseous mass or envelope surrounding a celestial body, especially the one surrounding the earth, and retained by the celestial body's gravitational field.
    2. The air or climate in a specific place.
    3. Abbr. atm Physics. A unit of pressure equal to the air pressure at sea level. It equals the amount of pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 millimeters high at 0 degrees Celsius under standard gravity, or 14.7 pounds per square inch (1.01325 × 105 pascals). See table at measurement.
    4. A dominant intellectual or emotional environment or attitude: an atmosphere of distrust among the electorate.
    5. The dominant tone or mood of a work of art.
    6. An aesthetic quality or effect, especially a distinctive and pleasing one, associated with a particular place: a restaurant with an Old World atmosphere.

#Air

1. A colorless, odorless, tasteless, gaseous mixture, mainly nitrogen (approximately 78 percent) and oxygen (approximately 21 percent) with lesser amounts of argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, neon, helium, and other gases.
    2. This mixture with varying amounts of moisture and particulate matter, enveloping the earth; the atmosphere.

#

1. The sky; the firmament.
    2. A giant void; nothingness: The money vanished into thin air.

# An atmospheric movement; a breeze or wind.
    # Aircraft: send troops to Europe by air.
    #

1. Public utterance; vent: gave air to their grievances.
    2. The electronic broadcast media: “often ridiculed... extremist groups on air” (Christian Science Monitor).

# A peculiar or characteristic impression; an aura.
    # Personal bearing, appearance, or manner; mien.
    # airs An affected, often haughty pose; affectation. See Synonyms at affectation.
    # Music.

1. A melody or tune, especially in the soprano or tenor range.
    2. A solo with or without accompaniment.

skep·tic also scep·tic Audio pronunciation of "skeptic" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skptk)
    n.

1. One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

now being a skeptic im almost postive your gonna disagree with the deffinitions... or doubt the fact i exist.... or for that matter disagree with simple logic...because after all being a skeptic for the most part is more or less a problem... i think a good word for it would be a buffoon

17. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Let us see what Jay has to say
    http://www.clavius.org/envheat.html
    And Bob has this to say
    http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm
    There can't be any pictures taken on the Moon because the film would melt in the 250° temperatures.

Any normal film would indeed melt if exposed to a temperature of 250o F, however the film used was not ordinary film, and it was never exposed to this kind of temperature. Apollo astronauts used a special transparency film designed specifically, under a NASA contract, for hostile environments like the Moon. According to Kodak, the film would at worst begin to soften at 200o F, and would not melt until it reached at least 500o F. The cameras were also protected inside a special case designed to keep them cool. The situation on the airless Moon is much different than in your oven, for instance. Without convection or conduction, the only method of heat transfer is radiation. Radiative heat can be effectively directed away from an object by wrapping it in a material with a reflective surface, usually simply a white material. The camera casings, as well as most of the astronauts' clothing, were indeed white.

I still don't think that you are getting it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

okay you twits answer these questions

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

rick
    my hearts aflutter i am so impressed.

20. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

no air = no atmosphere. It's that simple.

21. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Uh,,, Yes, in fact it is a contradiction

22. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I think we just have to go out and say it. Anyone who STILL thinks the moon landings were faked, is a newb.

23. changa was far, is near Registered Senior Member

I think of air as different from atmosphere...

Jupiter has an atmosphere (layer of gases) , but no air (mixture of nitrogen/oxygen/CO2 compatible with earth life). I'm not sure whether that fits any formal definitions, but it matches common understanding, surely.

At any rate, the point is moot, because the moon not only has no air, it also had no significant atmosphere. It does not keep a constant temperature, it varies continuously depending on the position of the sun! Earth's suface temperature is not constant either, mornings being cooler and what-not, but admittedly it is much more constant than it would be without our atmosphere.

And URI's idea was that charged particles could remain suspended above the suface due to electromagnetic interaction rather than atmosphere. So saying there's no atmosphere does not refute his theory. Pointing out that the math behind his theory is bunk, now that should do it.

And I believe the moon landing was real, because Cleopatra has vouched for the moon landing tapes, and her word is good enough for me.