Nasa Faked Moon Landing

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Present, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Ricky, you are amusing. One thing that astounds me is that you are able to maintain that high GPA when you can't write English. That has been my beef with you from the outset. That has been my criticism. That is what you persistently refuse to accept - that your writing is so sloppy that you verge on the unintelligible. Clear writing is the signature of intellect. You are marking your passage with a cross.

I'm done debating this with you. Your youthful self belief is a wonderful thing. Enjoy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RickyH Valued Senior Member

My mistakes were typos. Obvious ones at that. Can you find one that wasn't a typo?

I found one that was a pretty big mistake. "Well in that case then no problem. But I've never heard of any form of enlgish that doesn't consider is a compound." This should have read. "Well in that case then no problem. But I've never heard of any form of english that doesn't consider it as a compound.

With all of this. English is not even my first langauge. Hebrew is my first and most used langauge. I've truelly only known English for about six years.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

ricky
    have any idea what pattern the earth would trace from the moons perspective?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

this is from the site:

You'll be pleased to know that you are correct! An observer on the Moon will see the Earth move slightly in the sky, but it will always stay within a few degrees of the same spot.

and i leopold agrees with this
    but the following is from the same site and i do not agree with it
    because of the moons inclination

From the Earth we always see the same face of the Moon, and the centre-to-centre line would intersect the Moon's surface somewhere in the area of the Sinus Medii (selenographic latitude 0 and longitude 0)... always! Someone stood in this area would see the Earth directly overhead, the only variations being small periodic ones due to libration.

you must remember that the moons orbit is inclined from the ecliptic

9. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Does anyone know the equation of the moons orbit, with the angle it would be traveling at? If I can get these I can solve it for you.

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Then I apologise. For a second language your English (not english) is excellent. If you were foolish enough to read through all of my posts on this forum you would find two of the things I attack are
    a) bad English'
    b) attacks on the English of those for whom it is a second language
    Your own English is of such a standard I took you to be a native speaker who was being sloppy. Another thing I routinely attack is sloppy thinking - I still think you are prone to this, but the bulk of it may be attributable to your use of a relatively unfamiliar language.

11. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Does anyone really give a shit?

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

muslim
    maybe you can answer my question

14. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Yes what was it.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

what pattern would the earth trace in the moons sky
    in other words
    if you sat on the moon and stared at planet earth would it move? if so what pattern would that be. would it rise and set?

16. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

The moon orbits the earth, and the earth orbits around the sun and it also rotates on its axis. So I don't think it would move or it wouldn't appear to be moving, I think you might notice the rotating of the earth thats about it. This is purely based on speculation I ain't been on the moon. Yeah I mean its not going to rise and set.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

well see muslim thats the point
    i have never been to the moon either
    but knowing about the moons motion leads me to beleive that the earth would move in the moons sky
    the question i have is what pattern would it move in?

18. RickyH Valued Senior Member

leopold. I need you to get me the moons orbitting pattern. If you can find me a webiste with how many times it rotates around the earth and some angles i could easily find this out for you.

19. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Why do you want to know that? I mean you have to be on the moon to know what pattern the earth moves from when looked at from the moon.

20. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Yeah you're a fucking genius. We could all work it out if we know that.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

22. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Here it is simple. Lets say you were on the moon. Wherever you are standing it would appear to not be rotating. But indeed you are rotating. See it rotates around earth every 24 hours. So earth would appear to be spinning while the moon would appear to be still. So in other words it would "appear" to be fixed.

Reason to beleive this. Ummm take two balls put a mark or somethign on it and rotate it around another ball but make sure the mark is always facing the other ball. So you see the mark would always look like it's in one position looking at earth. Get it?

23. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

And that was what I kind of said. And I would agree with you.