Name your favourite BioFuel Technology

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Singularity, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Singularity Banned Banned

There U r Anmalous. I was looking for U.

Theres some confusion I can see U use U instead of you just like me.

Some people think I am your friend. How funny.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anomalous Banned Banned

Jee, I am glad U do.

Nope, I think U stole my style and my heart.

Whats so funny about it, I am your friend.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Singularity Banned Banned

Hey cool it dude, Its just my style from chatting and SMSing, U have been a trouble since people think I am your sister.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anomalous Banned Banned

Sister, No way. I am Human 2.0 and U .....

Although I can use U for my genetic Propagation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Remember, I am a Hetro Sapien. I evolved from your specie justa few hundred years ago, around the same time the illuminati was formed.

8. Anomalous Banned Banned

Anyways, Back to the topic.

My favourite BioFuel is sugarcane.

<iframe src=http://www.technologystudent.com/energy1/bio4.htm height=700 width=700>
    </iframe>

9. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

if you two will stop flirting for a few seconds, and read this:
    http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/002881.html
    you will see my point, here is a quote:
    bottom line, waste biomass can be used for a small net gain of energy, the rest is just a waste of time.

edit: http://www.energybulletin.net/5062.html
    you can chew on that also

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  10. Light Registered Senior Member

You are correct, of course - as usual.

And certainly no offense taken on my part. I have to wonder... I've seen things very similar to this before but they never seem to be put into practice. Why is that? Is it that oil still to plentiful even at today's prices? Resistance from vested interests? Or what?

11. Singularity Banned Banned

Try your best CATO , My planet is safe from scroundels like U.

http://www.newkerala.com/news2.php?action=fullnews&id=7957

Here what U will get to Chew ON :
    Check out the last line above. We made it,

*Evil CATO fails to Destroy our planet*

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

And diesel engines can be run on 100 percent hemp oil, and almost no petroleum-based energy is needed to produce it. Once a plant is started it can actually run on its own product.

13. Facial Valued Senior Member

I like biogas, because it can form as a substitute for natural gas and because it comes from a variety of organic waste.

14. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

Singularity, I am not the enemie here. I am trying to show you that it is a net energy looser to grow crops for biodiesel. you have to put so much energy in that it becomes worthless in the long run. for now, they might be able to get a net gain in some parts of the world because they use more human labor, and have better land, but its just not good enough to waste money on. try not to be so closed minded.

p.s. what the hell is a "scroundel"

15. Anomalous Banned Banned

Ok as U say, Now tell me how can sugarcane waste not be usefull fuel

16. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

well, there are two points here.
    1. waste is the best thing to use for biofuel. however, you have to make sure its really waste. do they use it for animal feed? do they use it for mulch? if not, then yes its a good thing to use.
    2. growing crops specifically for biofuel is, at best, going to be a small net energy gain. one which would not offset the environmental damage caused by the farming of huge total land areas.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Horses, they eat hay and oats.

Mostly biofuel is not a real solution. Almost everyone assumes that we can continue our "easy motoring lifestyle", in the words of Kuntsler, just switching from one fuel to another. That's like an addict switching from one drug to another: it never addresses the real problem. how about reorganizing our communities so we don't need to drive so far to work and shopping? I mean, I would like a biofuel powered car, but it's only a short term measure. There's still the CO2, the factories, the parts shipped from all over the world, the roads and infrastructure to maintain... all of which will become increasingly difficult without cheap fossil fuels.

Using waste products is also problematic; as fossil fuels go away, our garbage will decrease too.

18. Facial Valued Senior Member

I don't get this. Can you explain more?

19. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

And the huge total land areas throughout Europe that farmers are currently paid not to grow anything on? You don't think that might be gainfully employed?

20. Singularity Banned Banned

I am waiting for the Genetically Modified BioFuel.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sure. The vast amounts of garbage that we produce is dependent on fossil fuels; for transporting livestock from one state to another, for fueling industrial agriculture, the tractors, the fertilizers, the trucks, the packaging... When the fuel is too expensive, we will go back to local produce, less packaging, more recycling.

I think there is still a place for this, in China, for instance, they use animal manure to make methane.

22. Light Registered Senior Member

That's being done in the U.S., too. On some cattle feedlots and hog farms.

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

You may be onto something here! Here is my plan:

First we GM cows so they do not develop legs, tails or horns. We put the newborn calves side-by-side on straw and force feed them crushed sugar cane stocks and pond algae that was grown on the solid mater we collect from the other end of the cow. Both the sugar cane and algae capture sunlight energy, so this is really a solar energy system.

Each cow has a nosebag and hose that delivers fresh outside air for it to breathe as the entire cow energy plant is methane filled sealed enclosure.

Some of the solid matter extracted from the cows cannot be processed by the algae, so pond is periodically dredged and the extract is used to feed soil bacteria and grow sugar cane with this the only fertilizer applied to the land. The cane juice makes alcohol and the crushed cane cellulose adds roughage to the algae paste that is feed to the cows, whose rudiment bacteria is GM /selected for efficient at methane generation.

The entire energy farm is a closed system that takes in water, air and sunlight, and exudes alcohol and methane. I do not see what all the fuss about energy is based on when you and I have this simple solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2006