Mysterious hum is driving people crazy

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by Magical Realist, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've heard allot of "ho's" downtown when I visit there. Put them together and walla. Ho Hum

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Closed Mines, Petroleum storage tanks and Landfill tips are just some of the locations where "Flaring" can occur (That's when gases that have built up are burnt rather than just vented into the atmosphere) When such flares are used, the enclosed (shrouded) variety can emphasis the gas burning at Mach 1 to generate a low emitting hum for the duration of the gas being burnt.

The sound can actually travel for many miles but usually during day time it can be drowned out by other noises so is usually less noticeable.

8. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

This is a real issue, but it would be nice if people could tell the difference between sound and radio waves.

There is an annoying hum in my area and tracking it was as simple as downloading a spectrum analyzer app for my phone, identifying the frequency, and tracing it to the most likely source; a nearby industrial plant.

There should be no mystery here.

9. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

A few years ago, I had a bunch of birds nesting in my chimney. I later found out these birds are called "chimney swifts". They are able to build nests which adhere to the vertical walls inside the chimney. In order to balance themselves on these nests, they flap their wings to support themselves. Once one of the birds started doing it, the others would all join in, creating a chorus of flapping wings. The resulting air turbulence inside the chimney created a low pitch hum which came and went in swelling waves. For the longest time, I had no idea what this low pitch hum was, or where is was coming from. It was utterly maddening.

10. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

I should add that I love birds, and I simply waited for them to leave on their own at the end of summer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!