My theory on why the universe was created

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Votorx, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

I don't understand you question Lemmin3k.

TruthSeeker - My theory is cliche? So that must mean that it has been thought up before many times right? Can you possibly give me an example because I've never heard of the universe being created from opposites before... And er... I thought matter couldn't be created??? (...)

Lemming, as i said before I am bored with this theory but I have a habit of continueing something untill I get the last word, even if it is unpleasant on my part. Therefore I will be waiting for truth seekers responce and then I will withdraw myself from this topic one last time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Fair enough, we all have different theorys on how the universe was created, and although i dispute yours i dont deny it is interesting and has provided a good discussion. Perhaps i shall start a thread on the opposite of your theory just to be confusing (that would involve there always being something and it eventually becoming nothing due to the theory of opposites) or maybe i shall post a few theorys of my own for discussion. (although it may achieve nothing)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

uhhhhh in vain of myself I have to ask you a question. If matter has existed forever then when is the beginning, and why (50000000000000 trillion years being less than a billionth of a millisecond in the vast time of foreverness) did it take such a long time for the universe to be created.

Absence of matter.
    A space empty of matter.
    A space relatively empty of matter.
    A state of emptiness; a void.
    A state of being sealed off from external or environmental influences; isolation.

That is a full definition of a vacuum. How does this contradict that space is really just nothingness? How does space represent something, how exactly does it contain the characteristics of something that exists? Because we think we can see it? But, in reality we can't see space can we? I know what i said before but I would just like you to answer these questions. Just explain to me how space is more than nothing and i will let you be.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Space is full of photons & waves of light, nothingness would be a state without light and photons etc. Space may be a vacuum but it doesnt mean theres nothing in it, we cant see it because light has nothing to reflect off of, theres no water or gas in a vacuum, but if light wasnt passing through it we wouldnt see stars, so there must be light waves in space despite it being a vacuum.

8. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Was this a discussion on HOW or WHY the universe was created, I think you've lost yourselves in that minute detail so will not reach an answer.

9. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Yes Lemming but what about where we can't see stars? You must believe in infinite smallness to be able to understand what im trying to get here. No matter how much space a thing takes up there is always, no matter how small it is, even inbetween the small space within atoms, a place where there is literally nothing to be found. While there may be light it isn't present everwhere in the universe.

Firdroirich, we haven't lost ourselves at all. It always has and always will be WHY the universe was created not HOW.

10. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Infinite smallness is a way to make everything right, that makes what i said about there being a nothingness on my hand right because there would be a space of nothingness in between the germs, even if it was infinitly small. We are going round in circles because using infinite smallness I can go back to my arguement about there being a nothingness on my hand and say that nothingness is in between the germs, and you cant create objects out of the nothingness in that space. Im rapidly losing interest in this thread as we are going to end up starting over. As for stars we cant see, light takes time to travel to us, new stars may appear in the sky tomorrow as the light finally reaches us, also the possibility is there that there may not be a star there to see, there are billions of them but it doesnt mean they are a certain spacing apart, there may be 4 in a single solar system and a space where there are no stars.

11. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Well then we're done because you have just accepted my theory.

Confused? Well here's my proof:

My work here is done.

12. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

You've also just proved your theory wrong, if there is nothingness out there then you cannot create something out of nothing, unless you can prove to me you can??? i wish to see your experiment in which you created something in one of these pockets of nothing. Otherwise you still fail to prove you can create something from nothing, also if something and nothing do co-exist, they must always have co-existed so they can always have been opposites, therefore saying there was nothing in the begining is also wrong. You have yet to PROVE your theory.

13. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Also i did not say i believe in infinite smallness

14. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Unfortunetly I do not have any experiment to varify this theory. This is just a theory I came up with and posted to hear your thoughts. Mind you, its a theory on WHY the universe was created not HOW. I do not know HOW the universe was created therefore I cannot have any experement to prove my theory 100% right nor do I have the experiance/resources. That is why its a THEORY not a law.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  15. zonabi free thinker Registered Senior Member

this thread is an exact model of the universe... it goes round and round in an seemingly endless circle, or cycle~ if u will

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

LOL... That's the funniest thing I've heard today...