My Theory Of Cosmic Origin....Comments Welcome!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Tristan, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Banshee

I don't want to offend you, but James R is right. There is a world of knowledge out there that we have not yet discovered, but there is also a very large amount of knowledge already accumulated regarding the origin of our universe.

I also spend time studying this aspect of cosmology and in doing so I have found how little I know of all sciences, which tends to frustrate me no end. I would love to know everything that has already been discovered and from that knowlege I can theorise all I want, but the truth of the matter is that in our lives we probably will not know the secrets of the universe.

I remember being told at school that the atom was the smallest particle there is (and I believed my teachers - as you would - being a kid) however when it was discovered that man had split the atom I realised that knowledge is constantly growing. We need to question everything.

The same with religion - being told that Adam and Eve were the first humans to walk the earth by teachers that I trusted were telling me the truth, proved devastating when a few years later, a history teacher laughed at me for believing in such rubbish in front of the whole class.

You might well believe everything you are writing on these forums now, but I'd like to urge you to keep an open mind. The universe to me is a wonderous topic, and I would imagine that the true scientist never stops asking questions. Please don't take this the wrong way, but don't limit yourself to what you have learned so far, for there is much to learn.

Stay healthy
    Love
    Teri

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Teri...

Don't believe everything I am writing down here. It is just to keep James R. busy. He is so well educated. More than someone else it seems. So let him come up with something I don't know yet.

As far as all the education from my school years concern, I've learned that it all was very relative. Did you really believe the story about Adam and Eve? I never did. Not even when I was in school and I am raised christian. It never sounded good to me, like something was wrong with this picture of a garden of Eden, with only 2 figures in it AND an 'evil' Snake? And this god created only good? How can that be? As far as atoms and so on concern, I know my lessons very well.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

James R., I don't watch television, don't believe what they say on television and I don't like Disney movies. Sorry to disappoint you in this. As far as my knowledge goes...it goes a long way. Don't you have Insight? Or Intuition if you prefer to call it that.

Brainz0, never heard about parallel Universes? Lack of education then. I am sorry.

The Cosmos exists and so do other Universes. There is a real good possibility (as in THEORY) that there are other worlds like ours out there. In a different Universe. Perhaps a duplicate of you yourself is walking out there. The only things you and James are come up with, are 'facts', which occur to be theories for the most part. How come that humans have to hold a perfect grip on everything and that they perse want evidence for everything. Not everything is proven and there is a lot that is not to be explained by evidence. You act just the same as the godbelievers. You need to have control, for otherwise you are lost.

Oh, now I have to watch out...Give me your comments again.

I really have a good time with this...

Especially for you, not from the internet and not from the television:

'There are only two ways to live your life;
    -One is as though nothing is a Miracle-
    -The other is as though everything is...'-

- ~ Albert Einstein ~ -

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

ONE LESSON OF MY STUDIES...

From Tesla, the genius inventor and great grandfather of modern day electromagnetic energy, wrote in his essay on man's Greatest Achievement:

"There manifests itself in the fully developed being -MAN- a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate
    Nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives.
    Inspired to his task he searches, discovers and invents, designs and constructs...
    What has the future in store for this strange being, born on
    a breath, of perishable tissue, yet immortal, with his powers
    fearful and divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the
    end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?
    Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance...filling all space...luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the lifegiving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things, and whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion eases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.

Can man control this grandest, most awe-inspiring of all processes in Nature?

If he could do this he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural...He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms.

To create and to annihilate material substance, cause it to
    aggregate in forms according to his desire, would be the
    supreme manifestation of the power of man's mind, his most
    complete triumph over the physical world, his crowning
    achievement, which would place him beside 'All That Is' (the Cosmos), make him fulfill his ultimate destiny."

From "Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse" By Len Horowitz.

NOT FROM THE INTERNET OR TELEVISION IN ANY WAY!!...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Brainz0 Registered Senior Member

Parallels

Banshee;

I am quite familiar with parallel universe speculations...I've read quite a bit by Penrose and Wheeler. Here are some interesting links, too: http://naturalscience.com/ns/books/book02.html

and

http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/documents/many-worlds-faq.html

One thing you may have a hard time integrating is the necessary corollory that your personal identity splits into innumerable versions of yourself in this cosmology, so you are no more unique than a droplet in a cloud of near-identical droplets. Personally, I'm not quite ready to buy into this casual equation of human minds with specks of matter. It may turn out that the many-worlds hypothesis is an artifact of our descriptive abilities and techniques; math and symbol systems are quite promiscuous and arbitrary once you turn them loose on a set of assumptions. Internal consistency is their God. I think more experience and observation awaits inclusion in these models, and much of what is orthodoxy today will come to seem like the bootless logic elaborations of the Scholastics in medieval theology.

8. Brainz0 Registered Senior Member

Luminiferous Ether?

Ever hear of Michaelson & Morley?

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I am just a drop of water in an endless Sea.

In parallel Universes. Just another being of the Cosmos, like you...

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Staying busy...

Banshee,

<i>So let [James] come up with something I don't know yet.</i>

Stick around. It won't happen overnight, but it <i>will</i> happen!

<i>James R., I don't watch television, don't believe what they say on television and I don't like Disney movies. Sorry to disappoint you in this.</i>

Perhaps you should tune in to the Discovery Channel (or whatever you have where you are) once in a while.

<i>Don't you have Insight? Or Intuition if you prefer to call it that.</i>

Yep, but I like to check that my intuition is correct by looking for evidence to support it. I don't just believe any idea that sounds good or makes me happy.

<i>The Cosmos exists and so do other Universes.</i>

Why so certain? How do you know? What is your belief in this fact based on? That's all I'm trying to do here, Banshee - to get you to critically examine <i>why</i> you believe some of the things you do. Do you have <i>good</i> reasons?

<i>There is a real good possibility (as in THEORY) that there are other worlds like ours out there.</i>

See, now that's more scientific. I agree that there is a possibility of other worlds like ours out there. What I dispute is that we know for sure that there are.

<i>Not everything is proven and there is a lot that is not to be explained by evidence.</i>

What makes you believe that there are things for which there is no evidence? It seems a strange thing to believe, if you ask me. What on Earth could such a belief be based on?

<i>You act just the same as the godbelievers. You need to have control, for otherwise you are lost.</i>

If there's one thing science does it is give you some perspective of your relative insignificance in the Grand Scheme of Things. Belief in science often involves a surrender of control.

<i>I really have a good time with this... </i>

I hope so. I would hate you to feel like you're under attack or something.

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

No belief...knowledge...

Why do I have to believe in something? I know it for certain. Just because I am not like you and don't think the same way you do?

I am 41 years old and lived all those years from out what I FEEL is right. I studied even a long time to be sure I was sure.

Some way or another, my way of living and Intuition is right. Perhaps there is more than you want to accept in life.

I know the 'things' you humans want to explain so very strongly and scientists do their very best to give evidence for everything there is on Earth and in this Universe. But even you have to admit that there are factors in life which DON'T have evidence and still it exists.

Why always the asking for evidence? Afraid to lose control?

I don't have a television at the moment and YES, I did watch Discovery frequently. As I watched the Geography channel.

As far as parallel Universes concern...I don't go into this with you. To much trouble. You can find that part back in the Parapsychology Forum as soon as I come to the subject. I have to write it down in good understandable English and I am sure you will be there to critisise me. Keep in mind that Parapsychology contains the UNEXPLAINED factors in life and Universe(s).

Have fun...

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

This question makes sense only if phrased as "Why always the asking for evidence? I won't give it because I'm afraid to lose authoritative control of it."

Too many Cartman's in the world unreasonably demanding respect for their Authoritay.

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

You like to watch 'Southpark', Mr G?

I used to watch it, when I had a television...together with my son, who was real 'fond' of it. He had even his schoolbooks covered with paper of 'Southpark'.

I don't have problems with authority ( not in the way you mean it). Give me your evidence please...

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Re: No belief...knowledge...

Banshee,

<i>Why do I have to believe in something? I know it for certain.</i>

How? Do you have a direct line to God, or Truth, or something?

<i>I am 41 years old and lived all those years from out what I FEEL is right. I studied even a long time to be sure I was sure.

</i>

Fair enough. I respect your right to live your life however you please, provided it doesn't hurt others.

<i>I know the 'things' you humans want to explain so very strongly and scientists do their very best to give evidence for everything there is on Earth and in this Universe.</i>

See my question above. And are you claiming you aren't human? Are you special or something? Sounds more like you want to be in control than me.

<i>But even you have to admit that there are factors in life which DON'T have evidence and still it exists.

</i>

Such as?

<i>As far as parallel Universes concern...I don't go into this with you. To much trouble.</i>

So let me summarise in a sentence for you what would come out of such a conversation: There is no definitive evidence for parallel universes - just speculation.

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

James R...

I am just as human as you. But have another way of living and another view, if you want to call it that.

And yes, I have other contacts than the usual Earth bound contacts. So what? There goes your evidence, for you have to experience this yourself. And you can find this back in the Parapsychology Forum, for it is another subject.

As far as parallel Universes concern, I suggest you read 'Seth Speaks', written by Jane Roberts.
    It is easier for you to understand than. If that is to much trouble for you, than open a thread about it or keep your mouth shut, for you don't know half of it.

The only thing you are interested in is accusing me of giving no evidence. I am so fed up with that everlasting evidence issue by you. Do some research yourself please.

Have fun and have a nice day...

(or do you prefer I write the whole issue down here? So you have nothing to do for it yourself? Is that the way you get your beloved evidence?!)

16. Brainz0 Registered Senior Member

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Banshee,

<i>The only thing you are interested in is accusing me of giving no evidence. I am so fed up with that everlasting evidence issue by you. Do some research yourself please.</i>

It just surprises me that you seem to have so little to back up some of the claims you make. It seems your say-so is supposed to be good enough. You have even claimed that certain things exist for which there is NO evidence, which seems a contradiction in terms to me.

<i>(or do you prefer I write the whole issue down here? So you have nothing to do for it yourself? Is that the way you get your beloved evidence?!)</i>

Traditionally, the onus is on the person making a claim to provide evidence that the claim is true. I am happy for you to claim whatever you like, but I see no reason not to ask for some objective indication of the truth of your claims. If you don't want to provide any evidence, that's your prerogative, but be aware that it tends to weaken your claims.