My same old berserk computer is at it again...

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by curioucity, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh, of course, in the real world we both know that actually that's exactly what the problem is and there's no getting around it, but without the possibility of hope, we are all lost...

Even if hope is a lie.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't be surprised.. not after reading this book

p.s. It's an excellent and breathtaking read

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Haha, well, thanks for cheering me...... you got a point, I guess I should've just run my PC back to my vendor from the start.... though I DO wish I had the knowledge and skill to deal with these problems without too much helps...... sucks to be disabled...

ah, whatever, I am addicted to net-life, but not that addicted to kill myself from not surfing on Sundays (public computers here don't run on Sundays)..... so, never expect to see me on Sundays guys XD

PS: Just asking if doing this is even more stupid or somthing...... What if I made my PC constantly offline, then buy a new HD and install a OS on it, have both my current HD and the new HD on one system and use the OS on the new HD to format the old HD (or perhaps just the system partition), and then scan...... ?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yes, y'could do that if there's some problem with backing up whatever data you've got stored on your original drive, just swap the original and set it to the slave position is all you need to do.

Don't set up a separate FAT32 partition on your new drive, just format the lot one single NTFS partition and use your "new" D drive for data storage.

You can format and/or scan the original from your new C drive.

So long as you avoid transferring anything from your original drive on to the new one, you can isolate it from interfering with anything to do with your new set up and your hardware - don't export anything like user settings or any of the rest of your current troublesome set up.

Should work fine.

One thing I do recommend you do first thing after installing the OS on your new main drive - make sure you set any anti-virus software you have to complete a full scan, including a full Boot Sector scan, of your previous hard drive.

If you're current problems persist with the new drive installed, then you know at least you're problem is with your mainboard.

Down to you really how you proceed from there...

All the best old man.

8. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Okay then, thankies for the suggestion.

I'm resting my PC now, and I don't feel like touching it for a while..... all these problem in just one week is just sick to me...

9. Y'know, that's possibly the sagest idea you've had for weeks....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.