My Own Independent Research On Marijuana Addiciton

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Anarcho Union, May 12, 2011.

1. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Alcohol is more harmful to health by pretty much any measure.

Marijuana prohibition has everything to do with cotton farmers teaming up with anti-Mexican racists to advance their own socioeconomic goals. It is pointedly not justified by any medical or public health policy considerations. That's why those who argue that it is, end up propounding ridiculous things like the gateway theory, or the outright hysterics of Reefer Madness fame (note that all of those tacks are also vulnerable to the "wine is fine, but pot is not?" counter).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SomethingClever Registered Senior Member

back again to report. fuckin' miserable.

days 4-8 without cannabis were amazing, as noted in this thread.
    I was fully of energy, enthusiasm, even sexual desire. however, the second week has been awful. I am lethargic, depressed, and I've been sleeping/resting away half the day.

this depressed state has occurred in spite of 8 hours of sleep per night, a rigorous exercise regimen, and a healthy, well-rounded diet (salmon burgers, coconut water, chicken tacos, stir fry, apples, pears, kombucha, salad, corn on the cob, mahi-mahi, eggs, walnuts, organic cereal, blueberries, oatmeal, etc.)

I am doing everything right, but I feel so wrong.

I suspect that marijuana essentially treated my depression, and the more I exercise and the more THC gets flushed out of my fat cells, the worse the depression becomes. Having gone 7 months without cannabis two years ago, with limited positive results, I am considering the idea that my depression came first, and marijuana is a form of self-medication.

A lady friend has been asking me to toke up every night this week, but I've been abstaining because I have a job interview tomorrow and I want to be on my A game. But I'm starting to wonder if sobriety truly is my A-game.

I have four uncles, all whom smoke cannabis, all whom are millionaires, all whom seem quite happy. I am starting to wonder if they are on to something. Could this plant lift us out of our genetically predisposed depression?

I will report back soon.

cheers,
    Tim

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

General scuttlebutt with other crazy people:
    SSRI's almost always work better than pot, especially when you look at day-to-day functionality. The SSRI's provide the mood lift without the stupids.

If you are not taking SSRI's, 5-HTP seems to help some people, and it's an over the counter supplement. Not safe to mix with meds though.
    Creatine Monohydrate seems to help depression too, or at least I read that they are doing a large-scale clinical trial of it as an antidepressant. If you're an undiagnosed bipolar though? expect mania with the latter.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SomethingClever Registered Senior Member

I've heard too many horror stories about SSRI's. I will avoid them at all costs, even depression.

but yes, pot definitely comes with the stupids :bugeye:

funny you should mention bipolar... before I was even familiar with the term, I remember telling my parents, "it's like a switch goes off in my brain"...
    uggh.

I did take an online BP test and my score was through the roof.
    it's sad to think that my lifelong sense of purpose and spiritual connection to the earth could merely be "delusions of grandeur".

pot is a tricky devil. when I smoke in moderation, life is grand, but when I abuse the stuff, I end up more depressed than I was in the first place.

what's your story with pot Chimpkin?

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Meh, just doesn't work like SSRI's, and may cause worsening of symptoms in bipolar and schizophrenic people...or rather temporary abatement followed by worsening of symptoms.

For unipolar depressives it just does not work too well from what I remember reading.

Good for pain and nausea, but not too much for psych symptoms is the general research verdict...there is part of the plant under investigation as an antidepressant, but it's not the tetrahydrocannabinol-fun-part.

My brother turned into a jerk and an airhead on it, but he smoked before breakfast.

If you're talking about the whole withdrawal thing, a doc had me cold-turkey off of Zoloft for two weeks, in order to switch to Prozac...it was annoying, but, yanno, I soldiered up and went to work... so, not so bad, I thought.
    I've pretty much been through most of the SSRI's at this point, I seem to get resistant.
    But it beats me drooling at the TV set on pot.

As far as depression...mine's exceedingly bad, and so I can either take happy pills or...do the other thing that cures depression. Very abruptly.

My mom's been on Prozac for 30 years.
    We are ALL much happier since mom's been on Prozac. Before that she could turn into superb!tch really easily.

Although, if you are, in fact, bipolar 2 (Which is sort of mostly-depressed bipolar) SSRI's can cause mania also.
    OTOH you are neither severely manic nor nonfunctionally depressed or suicidal. So unless you run up a giant credit card debt in a happy mood, or your grades get flushed down the toilet when you're on a downswing... meh.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. kittyyang Banned Banned

metal detector for gold

Among all the detecting activities, gold metal detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both your body and mind , but also give you a big fortune if you are lucky enough.Next time if you feel bored, you can pick up a gold detector and have a try.

10. kittyyang Banned Banned

That's a sad news for hunters. As far as I am concerned, gold detecting should not be outlawed, because the sources belong to everyone in the world and those who have legal methods to obtain it .
    Gold detecting can be developed as a personal hobby but not just as a means to gather fortune. If not forbidden, people may be incented to detect more and more metals , gold and so on, just as the old saying goes, many hands make light work. The government, on the other hand, should encourage those who detect gold and award those who donate the fortune to the whole country. This news will not only affect those hunters but also metal detector sale. Perhaps detecters can work together to appel to the country, I think that may be useful.

11. kittyyang Banned Banned

gold metal detector

Hey, friends, i am interested in what you said about gold detecting. I am new to gold detecting and i am curious about your equipment

12. kittyyang Banned Banned

Recently, I have read a new online about metal detectors in schools, most schools think that it is too expensive but they are working on it.
    There is a program out there that offers NO COST metal detectors to the school systems. The schools and Boards of Education should see this site.
    As far as I am concerned , it is a good idea to carry out this program for it provide security to the students and the teaching staff. Walkthrough metal detector will not take up too much space .

13. kittyyang Banned Banned

gold metal detector

From what you have said above, i think that there may be something wrong with the ring you have just discovered. Sometimes it is difficult to tell the real gold from the fake, but with the help of best metal detector, you don't need to worry about it at all. I think metal detector can help you to solve your problem and wish that you can have a try and resolve your puzzle as soon as possible.

14. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

What does this have to do with marijuana? And if you don't know the difference between real gold and anything else like fools gold you really have not studied up on the metals because there's a big difference and you should easily tell by looking at them. If you can't then don't even bother trying to find gold at all.

15. IncogNegro Banned Banned

I have done a lot of research over this topic. Mostly using myself as a test tube! I've come to realize it can enhance the mind or slow it down. It all just depends on your mental processes at the time of consumption. It is a powerful hypnotic and the mind can do powerful thing under the influence of hypnosis.

16. Username Registered Senior Member

That is funny. You don't view irritability and disturbance in sleep patterns as withdrawal? Do you think this is a physiological addiction and not a physical (or psychological) one?

There is apparently sometime type of addiction if three males experienced instability in their mood and sleep patterns. I know I have terrible sleep patterns and mood problems now that I quit smoking marijuana and I didn't have them before I smoked or did drugs.

It would be nice if medical marijuana was available where I live to smoke once a week to alleviate my sleeping disorders and moodiness, because over the counter drugs don't work.