My last thread on UFO's

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Trapped, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

river

Balloons make no sound, neither do flares from over 100 feet away. The reports of fantastic flying capabilities suffer from the same lack of evidence their very existence, noisy or not, has. It is orders of magnitude more likely that we will find living raptor dinosaurs deep in the jungles of South America than it is that aliens have visited Earth. And that's very unlikely on it's own. Again because of physics. How do you go about reasearchin' when no physical evidence exists? Eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable.

Grumpy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Balloons don't go 30,000mph and don't make impossible turns at very high speed , balloons are a familiar object with any pilot

Not true , many of the speeds and accelerations are based on radar electronic equipment from air traffic control and aircraft radar

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

river, sadly there is no point - they are dead set on the idea that not only is it impossible for such things to happen, but that it's impossible for interstellar travel at all... a sad existence for sure, but what can you do. No matter what you may present as evidence, it will get hand-waved away.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Perhaps your right

But the TRUTH of what is really going on is what keeps me going and reading about UFOs

And the TRUTH is this , UFOs are real and that is a fact

8. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

We asked Trapped to see such evidence and never got it. Do you have any or do you just believe it exists?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You apparently do not know what that word means.

10. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

river

I await solid evidence of such a ridiculous assertion. I will not insult your intelligence by treating it as something you actually believe WITHOUT such solid evidence being available. Please proceed to enlighten us old folk.

Grumpy

11. river

The best and succinct way to inform yourself is to read , at the very least , Richard Dolans books

UFOs and the national security state , 1941-1973 and his book 1973-1991

Look, to believe , in anything , leaves anybody to manipulation on many Human levels , on any ology

The key is to find credible information on which to read and draw your own conclusions

And you draw this information from this source because it is rational and logical

And I have done so

And Richard himself asks you to draw your conclusions based on the facts he gives you

Its not so much on what you want to be true , rather its about what has been happening the World over , for at least 65 yrs.

To ignore experiences by mostly military sites , to my mind is just plain unintelligent or better put , insults our intellect to the greatest degree

Things are going on in our skies that have nothing to do with our present knowledge of physics , propulsion , aerodynamics and materials

I find it fascinating

12. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You could have just said no.

13. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru

That is a gross misrepresentation of what we are saying. Science is not magic, Star Trek will remain fiction of the science fantasy sort. And interstellar travel will never be easy, nor will it ever be quick and the endeavor will deplete the solar system they are trying to leave. They are not visiting us. Interstellar travel is possible, just not worth the effort as a solar system is treasure enough(at least for the next 5 billion years or so, in our case). The only rational reason to leave a solar system is if not doing so means the extinction of your race(if your sun is going to go supernova, say). All such trips are one way, in time and in space, they won't be coming back home even if they could return to the same planet.

But worry not, there's a sphere of about 1 light year that's just full of resources to exploit that we can reach, given fusion power and ion drives. It wouldn't surprise me if someone finds an asteroid largely composed of gold or diamond, though CHON is the real gold in space, followed by ice. Maybe we'll build a Dyson sphere or Ringworld or something.

And we could see any radio using civilization like our own anywhere within a few thousand lys, even though Marconi's first signals have only reached those stars within a little over 100 lys or so(I think there are 25 or so). There don't seem to be any radio using civilizations within range of discovery, but modern computers piggybacking on all our radio telescopes are still looking. Travel times, point to point, are a multiple of distance in lys(though experienced time will be less than distance in lys), signal return time is double the distance in lys, you do the math. And this is in a vessel which we can conceive of, but cannot yet build, and may never be able to build. And one that will look like the Fourth Of July zipping through space at 80% of lightspeed. We don't see any of those in our local area of this galaxy. Alien life is likely fairly common, complex multicellular life is likely a small fraction of all life(they are on Earth), advanced alien life equivalent to our own is probably really rare, space travelling aliens...not likely at all, at least near each other. We may even eventually be the very first, at least in our own galaxy. It may be that most galaxies never have an interstellar civilization, though they are filled with technological beings like us. Interstellar travel is that hard to do. And those are the facts.

Grumpy

14. river

No would have been a lie

15. river

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Not impossible at all, just unlikely.

17. river

Investigate , billvon

Especially T.T.Brown

river

18. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No it wouldn't have been: you didn't provide any evidence. And I believe you would provide it if you had it, so that means you don't have any. So the simple and correct answer would be "no".

19. river

Oh I do have evidence

But I'm not going to reproduce the entirety of the books I've read on this site , its simply to daunting , the details are important

You are simply going to have to read

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

I have.

Interesting guy. He never found a UFO either.

21. river

Why was he interesting ?

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

He discovered the Biefeld-Brown effect (an unusual force created within an X-ray tube) and tried his hand at anti-gravity research. Didn't go anywhere but I'm glad people are willing to try out odd ideas. One of them might just work one of these days.

23. river

Yet the military , while he was trying to get funding by the military in CA. So giving a demonstration of his thinking , had back at his home , stole his ideas

Then the military gave them back , but took copies

He never got any funding by the military

He was far advanced , he was well beyond anybody