"My Ignorance is as Good as Your Knowledge" --Asimov

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by danshawen, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Tralay Registered Member

This is an electric reality that we live in. As such, everything within it is composed of electrons all vibrating at perspective frequencies. If one were to theoretically stand out of this reality and create a test of it with an osciliscope they wouldn't be ale to tell the difference between humans or their thoughts and ideas based on the sine waves they would detect, unless they were to have that data already ready for them. So therefore, our idea of what "real" actually is would be based on how deep you want to go

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

I very much doubt that the "hoi polloi" or whatever applicable population is highlighted by the topic (which intellects are supposedly frowning upon) would usually refer to their own personal views as "ignorance", anyway. The statement would not be the original remarks, but a reflection of how a purported scholarly authority has already subjectively evaluated or framed the discourse later (i.e., "You are of an unlearned group. Your claimed knowing or feeling about _X_ is wrong or equivalent to ignorance"). The statement is not a fragment of a non-mediated account of what might transpire in such cases or encounters. A filter and judgment has already been descriptively implemented.

- - -

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tralay Registered Member

I agree, it is doubtful that the sentence would actually catch a ride on someone's breath in the first place.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.