My grade has heart ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Challenger78, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Ok, So i went to watch Sicko as part of a compulsory excursion with my Year 10 group at my high school a few months ago... Although I watched sicko, I was wondering what my classmates reaction was going to be.. I expected all of them to be bored, yawning, complaining and idiotic, with no concern for whats being shown in the movie at all...

what happened shocked the shit out of me..

they clapped, laughed and overall enjoyed the movie, even though it had nothing to do with them, their grades or even their country. some of them (most unexpectedly) were even moved by the movie... By the end of it, there was continuous applause as the movie ended. that just shocked the shit out of me... Did anyone experience anything similar with loved ones, family members or even friends ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Same thing happened when I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11 at the movie theatre. Only other times that's happened was during Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring and one other movie I can't recall at the moment.

- N

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

i wonder if it ever happened during romance movies.. ergh..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Anyone who is moved by that BS should receive a failing grade.

Yes, but the laughter was for a different reason.

8. JetPilot Registered Senior Member

probably b/c unlike most documentaries it was an issue that actually truly affected them.

i kinda noticed that Mr. Moore has a habit of making politically apathetic people politically aware of an issue he talks about.

9. [a-5] Sex machine, coin operated. Registered Senior Member

That's why he's rich!

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The people that need to see these movies will not ever go to them. These types of movies only attracts those who think along the same lines and philosophies as does Michal Moore. You see if you didn't like the these, or any movies, would you spend 8.00 to see it? I doubt it very much. So all of those thinking that these movies are great ones they will never be viewed by anyone who doesn't like them to begin with.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

It might be because young people are strongly susceptible to propaganda.

Michael Moore does produce propaganda films, after all.

Yes. They all contain elements of truth and I actually tend to agree with him in most of the issues he propagandizes. But, it's still propaganda.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep. :thumbsup:

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

When I saw Fahrenheit 9/11, it was mostly old people that were watching it and cheering along. I don't know many young people that are gonna pay to watch a documentary. Most of em are cheapskates and would just look it up on the internet.

- N

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Here's to the cheapskates, :cheers:
    Although I did pay to go see The War on Democracy by John Pilger