My girlfriend the Ho

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Jeremirroer, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Chairman_meow Registered Senior Member

seriously cool skill, why don't you try arguing on a level playing field, stop assuming i'm wrong and enter into a logical debate. I'm willing to agree with whatever it is you have to say that makes sense.

But your argument seems moot.

my argument. In a culture where a certain practice is widespread it becomes, out of necessity, untaboo, not frowned upon, to do said practice. especially if that practice benefits the culture and it's society.

I'm not trying to act like anything....my two best friends(strike that three) lived there their whole lives, and i know about ten other thai people who've lived there, i've met and spoken to many locals....have you ever been there?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What would you do?

Take a cut of the profits, what else?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Richard Head Banned Banned

you chairman you rule

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

To claim that this is the same thing that you said in the first place is moot.

You claim is about the culture of the Thai people.
    Your claim is also about the Buddhist religion.

Statistically, Thailand has high prostitution relative to other countries in the area.
    You have been lead to touristly assume that the the reason for high statistics in Thailand is that their culture traditionally accepts prostitution.

The fact of the matter is, Thailand's culture in regards to prostitution is no different from that of any culture with far less prostitution. Culturally it is frowned upon. The same goes for buddhism.

There are always exceptions to the cultural view. When these exceptions proliferate, they assimilate with the cultural view, and therefore may be considered to become the cultural view. To the average camera toting tourist such as youself, the proliferation of prostitution in Tahiland is an exception that has assimilated itself with the cultural view. Rather you perceive the acceptance of prostitution as their cultural view.

Culturally prostitution in Thailand is as I said is not far off from other cultures. Thais as a culture frown upon prostitution just as any other similar culture frowns upon prostitution. Weather practical or ethical, that is their cultural view. Nobody ever said that cultural views should necessarily be practical or ethical.
    Of course the same goes for Buddhism which doesn't even have high prostitution. You claim that Buddhists do not frown upon prostitution seems to have arrived from outer space.

"I'm not trying to act like anything....my two best friends(strike that three) lived there their whole lives, and i know about ten other thai people who've lived there, i've met and spoken to many locals"
    Wow. Really? You really are an expert. HAHAHAHA!!!!

8. Chairman_meow Registered Senior Member

good reply, kinda, not reall ysure why you laugh at me at the end. Perhaps you're a naturally immature person. I never said i was an expert. Are you? because if your not, then your laughter is all the more pathetic. talk about he who is without sin casting the first stone.

as to your other points, at no stage did i ever claim that the culture of accepting prostitution in Thailand had been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. YES. It is a culture that has appeared out of necessity. Tourists came and brought their cash and caused many Thai's to become prostitutes(not that I necessarily accept that, but lets just say it's true). Out of necessity it became the norm not to call a person "fucked" just because they were a prostitute.

Don't bother replying if you want to continue to act like a child, with your petty, redundant insults about me being a "tourist". I'm sorry you feel the need to travel and not have memories of your trip, you must be "special", priveliged, no wait, enlightened to some piece of mystic wisdom about world travel that I, me, in my pathetic little westernised mind have no clue about.

By that way I've asked before and I'll ask again because you seem reluctant to answer, how old are you cool_skill? And where do you live?

My guess would be 14-17 US of A.

I am 22 and I live in Australia just to be fair.

9. Richard Head Banned Banned

yeah what eva ur da grl

10. Chairman_meow Registered Senior Member

what does that mean?

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Are you asking "what does it mean" as in what do the words mean?
    Or "what does it mean" as in how does it relate to anything?

"then your laughter is all the more pathetic"
    Welcome to Sciforums. People here seem to be obsessed with categorizing stuff as "pathetic".
    What's up with that?

"no stage did i ever claim that the culture of accepting prostitution in Thailand had been around for hundreds and hundreds of years."
    But you did claim that the culture is accepting of prostitution.
    Again, historically, they never have. Although there are more cultural exceptions in Thailand than other parts of the world, as a culture, Thais view of prostitution is no different than the cultural norm of earth.

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Are you asking "what does it mean" as in what do the words mean?
    Or "what does it mean" as in how does it relate to anything?

"then your laughter is all the more pathetic"
    Welcome to Sciforums. People here seem to be obsessed with categorizing stuff as "pathetic".
    What's up with that?

"no stage did i ever claim that the culture of accepting prostitution in Thailand had been around for hundreds and hundreds of years."
    But you did claim that the culture is accepting of prostitution.
    Again, historically, they never have. All I was saying was that although there are more cultural exceptions in Thailand than other parts of the world, as a culture, Thais view of prostitution is no different than the cultural norm of earth.

Gday.

13. Richard Head Banned Banned

yall got to treatem mean 2 keep em keen! ya you no!!
    Tell dat slurry whore to keep or legs 2gether bra, you da big cheese
    ya no

14. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Chairman meow you are arguing with a moron, try using the ignore option it does wonders

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Richard Head Banned Banned

yo yo yo yo yo moron big words i mite just ignor you yo

16. Chairman_meow Registered Senior Member

again historically, again historically, again historically, you're an idiot. I never said that in the past they accepted it. They accept it now you moron.

And as for saying people on sciforums constantly cry "pathetic". Perhaps it has something to do with you, and not sciforums itself.

You still refrain from answering your age i see, coward.

And i've found out you live in America, hell you probably don't even own a passport like the other 90% of your ignorant country, and you laugh at me for being a tourist. THAT is funny shit! I think i'll be laughing the rest of the day, thanks!

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Wrong!

Oh ya and learn how to read. I don't see anything 'historically' about what I said.
    Here's a new word for you: THOROUGHLY. Try it next time you decide to read something.

"And as for saying people on sciforums constantly cry "pathetic". Perhaps it has something to do with you, and not sciforums itself."
    Ya especially in all those topics that I haven't even posted in. Everything is about cool skill.

"you laugh at me for being a tourist. THAT is funny shit! I think i'll be laughing the rest of the day, thanks!"
    Your welcome.
    Only a tourist like you would think that acceptance of prostitution in Thailand is not an exception to the Thai culture, but is part of the Thai culture.

"you probably don't even own a passport like the other 90% of your ignorant country"
    The only thing ignorant is tourists and their delusional view of Thai culture.
    Enjoy the femboys while you can.

18. yesemina Registered Senior Member

Wow. I can't believe how much unnecessary argumentation spawned from this thread.

19. Chairman_meow Registered Senior Member

can you read?

20. Chairman_meow Registered Senior Member

What? a generalisation about the Thai culture!

How dare you! You tourist.

21. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

22. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

lol, just think yourself lucky - you're gettign her for free

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(seriously though, talk to her, and dump her if she doesnt change her mind)

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

That is something you should be asking yourself.
    The argument is simple, and you choose to ignore it.
    You are taking a proposition, and making it the premise.
    Again, THOROUGHLY. Try actually reading next time.

You are claiming that acceptance of prostitution is not an exception to the culture, but part of the culture.
    Or are you not?