My first out of body experience

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Alan McDougall, Jun 15, 2010.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It clearly violates several physical laws. If you can violate those physical laws, then you can also defy gravity, yes?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jahina Child of the Universe Registered Senior Member

So you missed the reference?

Yes, sorry, I am still missing what you are saying

Yet you make a claim...

Again, I don't know what you mean here.

Through scientific studies.
    And you're twisting my words. There's a difference between "not one single claim has been shown to be" and "every single claim has been shown not to be".

Do you have a reference for the scientific studies that I could read up on?

My apologies. I didn't mean to twist your words. Let me rephrase. How was it proved that there is not one single case of "astral travelling" that has been shown to be anything other than a dream/ delusion/ hallucination.

As you already responded to that, could you show me where I can read up on the studies that were done that prove that there is not one single case of "astral travelling" that has been shown to be anything other than a dream/ delusion/ hallucination?

Thanks in advance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jahina Child of the Universe Registered Senior Member

It clearly violates several physical laws. If you can violate those physical laws, then you can also defy gravity, yes?

What is an Astral Body made up of?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Delusion.

8. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

The experince that you described sounds to me like the first stages of being demonicaly possesed and this should not be taken lightly. If you are religious i would recomand studying more on your religions beliefes on possesion

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It was a paraphrase of your refusal to comment any further on your claims of god.

It's quite simple. You made a claim (i.e that the OP was "astral travelling" and not dreaming [as if there were some actual difference]) yet have so far failed to show that there is any real difference.

Google for DMT, or hallucinations or even "astral travelling debunked".

There is no evidence that an "astral body" exists. Therefore its make up would appear to be imagination or delusion.

Oh dear, someone else more than slightly divorced from reality.

10. jahina Child of the Universe Registered Senior Member

Originally Posted by jahina
    Yes, sorry, I am still missing what you are saying ”

It was a paraphrase of your refusal to comment any further on your claims of god.

Ah yes. I thought you meant some other reference.

You made a claim (i.e that the OP was "astral travelling" and not dreaming [as if there were some actual difference]) yet have so far failed to show that there is any real difference.

I don't need to, do I? I already know there is a difference. You don't have to believe it, that is down to you.

“ Do you have a reference for the scientific studies that I could read up on? ”

Google for DMT, or hallucinations or even "astral travelling debunked".

I actually couldn't find any scientific studies, it would be great if you could post a link.

“ Originally Posted by jahina
    What is an Astral Body made up of? ”

There is no evidence that an "astral body" exists. Therefore its make up would appear to be imagination or delusion.

Ok, we will have to agree to disagree.

11. Alan McDougall Alan McDougall Registered Senior Member

I believe this is true, although I was unaware of any silver cord, and I am insulted by the suggestion of Psycho bound that it was demon possession

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The out of body event I described in the opening post of this thread was just the first of many I have had in my now rather protracted life

Alan

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yes you do.
    If I claim that I have three legs and am made of cheese would you simply take my word for it?

No, you don't. You think there's a difference.

Then try it in reverse: find an actual occasion where "astral travelling" has been shown to be anything more than delusion.
    Or read this.
    Or this.

Again you miss the point. If someone claims the moon is made of cheese should everyone else simply agree to disagree? Is there anything admirable or worthwhile about continuing to uphold, and espouse, utter nonsense?

13. BertBonsai Registered Senior Member

Yet not one case has been shown to be a delusion either. There's no proof that something can't be real in a way that offers no physical evidence that can be shared among us on Earth. Your argument is weak.

Those of us who've experienced such things know that it's an experience exceedingly like what we call reality. No "proof" to the contrary could change that.

That would be a claim about our Earthly reality, which is different than making a claim about another reality. You can't prove that it's nonsense. It's only your faith that it is.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

On the contrary, since they have been reproduced as a purely mental effect then they HAVE been shown to be delusion.

For example?

Correction, you believe.

"Another reality"?

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think it's pretty obvious that if you're not in the physical realm that physical laws would not apply.

and btw, gravity is unexplained.

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

And that cop out answer is satisfactory to you Lori?

How does the spirit interact with your physical body? There must be an interface, ... so how come we cannot detect the spirit through that interface?

Do you even understand the question?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

We are in the physical realm. There are no other realms.

So, that means you can defy gravity? Do you have a point?

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

For some reason this seems appropriate.

19. John99 Banned Banned

Its not real and if you do some searches (sounds like you have from the terms you are using) you will see that they are very common. Night tremors.

My own experiences go back to around high school age and got more intense around mid 20s. One thing, for me, is that i never traveled although it felt like i was at the beginning stages.

I know it is similar due to the fact you use the term vibration. The vibrations happen when you reach a certain point in sleep but not every part of you body is in sync with the sleep state. In a sense some people are fighting sleep and i think this is where the tremors come in. You can also psych yourself into having them by convincing yourself before hand that you are going to have one and seems to me they are somewhat related to stress. That is my own observation.

I never got to the point of OBE.

Keep a radio or t.v on and most likely they wont happen.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

John, it's called 'night terrors'. He's not farting untrollably under his quilt.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Terror...tremor, it is called many things and not a lot is known about them. Did you see the part about the vibration? Night terror is not a good description.

22. Alan McDougall Alan McDougall Registered Senior Member

IT was not night tremors, later in more protracted OOBE my conscious awareness separated from my body

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, then you defied gravity.