My first out of body experience

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Alan McDougall, Jun 15, 2010.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Really? Since when are testimonials evidence? And, when does an induced biological phenomenon suddenly violate physical laws, Sam?

"trounced by the evidence" LOL! :roflmao:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan McDougall Alan McDougall Registered Senior Member

Hi SAM with some 68 000 posts you must be one of the most active persons on the internet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bravo:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Marsel Registered Senior Member

That's creepy, what are the chances of this happening?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Someone'sBrother Registered Senior Member

I had an experience like that once.

I always get particularly vivid and memorable dreams at night, but the time I tried to "astral project" stands out. It was while bored in my dorm room. Read about astral travel and decided to try it for myself.

It was basically a meditation session followed by having a dream on purpose. The very first thing that happened was feeling/seeing myself come out of my body followed by just floating there.

Part of it was very realistic as though I were awake and walking around the dorm hall / campus. I could feel the carpet and grass on my feet. But it was also like being in a ghost world.

Apparently I took a 2 hour nap on my bed while doing this. Weird because I don't normally see such drawn out things being asleep for so short.

I only did it once because it was a lot of work to have that out of body experience and I couldn't do it again.

8. Alan McDougall Alan McDougall Registered Senior Member

What you state was a real authentic out of body experience, some of the guys in this forum will tell you it was a delusion but this is just their ignorance and lack of knowledge of the mystical showing

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I would suspect people know how to dress up as "Mystical" after all if they didn't then they wouldn't be able to pull the continued sideshows or cons on others.

There are basically two types of reality, one defined by an observer and one created by a consensus of observation. When you "believe" you saw something then it's likely just your observation and most of the time if the consensus doesn't agree with you, you will seem like a fruitcake (plus the nuts)

Attempting to exclaim that everyone else must be delusional is not going to help you break the steel circle that binds the consensus, in fact if anything it's more than likely just going to enforce that your seen a nut.