Muslims lie

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Why do you lie?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Or, I could be already married?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Taqiyya? rotfl.

Do you know the stance of Sunnis regarding Taqiyya?

http://www.raza.co.za/Deviant%20Sects%20&%20Scholars/Deviant_Shia%20Beliefs.htm

A thread about lying and you talk with complete ignorance, you talk with no understanding of the issue while trying to present yourself as an expert on the issue - hilarious.

A day to day example:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9345/lying

Please read this link:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2424/lying

Back to what you were saying:

How can you possibly know this?

I for one haven't been taught that, I'm Muslim.

Seriously, how can you make such a bold statement like that? Based on what?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"They assert that Shi'as have been using taqiyya as a tool of deception, not to save their own lives, but to cause strife for the Sunni Calipha (which was resented by Shi'as) and to legitimize their own minority faith in the eyes of a majority by whom it is constantly surrounded."

Who said I was an expert? You did, not me.

"The most obnoxious form of lying is falsely attributing things to Allaah and His Messenger, because this involves fabrication about the religion and is an act of outrage against Allaah."

Perfect example. Allah hasn't even been demonstrated to exist, hence that is a lie on my part to suggest such a thing. Utterly ridiculous. Muslims have the upper hand from the get go. One simply cannot say anything about it. Period.

“… who does more wrong than one who invents a lie against Allaah, to lead mankind astray without knowledge. Certainly Allaah guides not the people whi are zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)” [al-An’am 6:144]"

And it is Muslims who will decide what is a lie against Allah and what is not, right? Hence, they can decide whatever they want, which is exactly what Muslims here have been doing.

"‘These are the ones who lied against their Lord!’ No doubt! The curse of Allaah is on the zaalimoon (polytheists, wrong-doers, oppressors, etc.).” [Hood 11:18]"

Proof enough? Do you want more?

"Equally bad is lying about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as he is reported to have said in the mutawaatir hadeeth: “Whoever lies about me deliberately, let him take his place in Hell.” (Agreed upon).

Muhammad claimed to have spoken with an angel. Isn't that a lie? Do angels exist?

The basic rule with regard to lying is that it is not permitted, but there are certain circumstances in which Islam permits lying to serve a greater purpose or to prevent harm.

One of these situations is when a person mediates between two disputing parties in order to reconcile between them, if reconciliation cannot be achieved in any other way.

How's that for size and clarity? How much more proof do you need? You provided this link, too.

8. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Do you know the position of Sunnis regarding Takiyya?

85% of the Muslim World is Sunni, 15% Shia - that is not to say that 100% of the Shias of the World practise Takiyya.

So you're not an expert? Fine.

Red herring. Trust you to start veering off-topic.

No one is talking about that.

Proof of what?

From my link:

I feel lying is the wrong way to describe such acts as lying is associated with manipulating others for personal gain, telling people lies in order to hurt their feelings, basically bringing out a negative outcome. The ‘lies’ allowed in Islam are far from that, the intentions for those ‘lies’ are noble. To conceal the truth, to tell an untruth can sometimes bring about good, it can help others. To tell the truth can at times be very painful and in certain situations it could almost be cruel to tell the truth. Some examples:

Wife: Do I look fat in this?
    Husband: No Darling, you look lovely.

The husband knew telling the truth would be very painful and therefore decided to tell a lie, result – the wife is very happy.

Child: Mummy, where has dad gone, when will he be back?
    Mum: Daddy is very busy, he has to work far away but will be back soon.

The mother knows her son could not bear the thought of his dad having left the family so she avoids saying this, her intention is to tell him when he is more emotionally stable and therefore more able to deal with the situation.

Army guy: Your son fought valiantly and died an honourable death

When in reality he abandoned his comrades but was killed running away from the battlefield.

If you think telling a lie in such situations is immoral and that those people should be ashamed of themselves, I would say you need a reality check. I find it hilarious that you keeping pushing this 'Muslims have been taught to lie' angle and try to present it as us all being a load of people that lie in order to manipulate, in order to take advantage of others etc. when you have no grounds whatsoever, you have nothing to prove this – it is not possible.

If you think Muslims are liars – then that is your opinion. That opinion of yours however would make you a bigot and a Muslim hater.

9. Kadark Banned Banned

Could you please ask your "Muslim friends" to visit Sciforums the next time a stretch of free time befalls them? I'd love to discuss an issue or two with them. What makes me a radical? I'd love to hear your explanation. A personal question, I beg of you: why the sudden change of heart, Medicine*Woman? I've known you, largely, to be a mild-mannered individual. However, lately you've become vehemently anti-Muslim (saying things like "Muslims lie", which implies that all one and a half billion Muslims worldwide are sinister liars, kind of gives it away). Or, has the corrosive influence of (Q) finally gotten to you?

Ah! I see (Q) is still arguing about taqiyya. Respond to my post in your old thread when you get the chance, sweetheart.

Kadark

10. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

So is this like the opinion of the muslim pope?....Oh wait muslims don't have any central authority so there is no official policy. A million clerics can say a million different things and none has authority over the other.

In essence it is useless and dishonest to quote any of them and try and represent them as any sort of official policy makers for anyone but thier constituency.

Until kadark gets his caliphate and exterminates the polytheists, jews and atheists

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Thank you. That's all you needed to say.

It is immoral for a religion to condone lying. Simple, really.

Your examples are irrelevant to that fact.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Correct, hence ascribing any universal opinion to Muslims [except that they believe in God and consider Mohammed as a Prophet] is a fallacious argument.

13. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Hence they can only be judged by thier actions in countries not at war (and all this judge by thier scripture not by thier actions, ala ghost, DH and arslan is just a crock)

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Correct. Especially when they have puppet dictators installed by western powers.

15. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Atleast we know that my kids will have one less SAM

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't count on that. I am the meek one in my family.

17. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

And can't stand up and take responsibility for themselves

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, like Americans with three, four, five??? secret prisons with legalised torture.

19. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

So that's all you wanted? You are now finished with this thread?

This wasn't about discussing stuff but about scoring cheap points?

There are many types of lies (e.g. white lies), its too simplistic to regard all lies as being the same - something I pointed out in my previous post. I don't think you understand this - it seems to be beyond your understanding.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

He cannot understand it. As an athiest he lacks a moral compass.

21. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

You must show them this quote of yours and ask them what they think.

22. CheskiChips Banned Banned

You believe in yeshki, which says 'meek will inherit the earth' so according to you...you're doomed anyways.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  23. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.