Muslim scholar issues fatwa against terrorism

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mrs.Lucysnow, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sorry Sam Christians and Buddhists don't have 'fatwa's but like I said they don't have jihads either. That's an aspect of your religion.

Did you read what they wrote and signed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But British Muslims do. I don't particularly care what they wrote since it is as effective as the fatwas. I just wanted to see if there was a single cleric in Britain with the balls to write a religious fatwa against British troops.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Oh you mean muslims? Well their clerics tend to come from abroad

You mean it doesn't count if the man is a UK citizen but born in Pakistan?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't care where they are born, particularly. Like I said, a British cleric writing a fatwa against British troops. I'd like to see that one.

And considering the one you showed me from the Christians, it would be interesting to see how that one is received.

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well maybe there are no muslim clerks speaking out against british troops. Does a it count if its a british general?

Gen Sir Michael Rose also told the BBC's Newsnight programme that the US and the UK must "admit defeat" and stop fighting "a hopeless war" in Iraq. Iraqi insurgents would not give in, he said. "I don't excuse them for some of the terrible things they do, but I do understand why they are resisting." The total number of UK troops killed in operations in Iraq stands at 147.

http://globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/167/35884.html

What about this one?

A serving British soldier, Lance Corporal Joe Glenton spoke at Saturday's anti-war demonstration in Central London.

His statement, released before the rally, read: "It is distressing to disobey orders but when Britain follows America in continuing to wage war against one of the world's poorest countries I feel I have no choice"

"Politicians have abused the trust of the army and the soldiers who serve. That is why I am compelled and proud to march for Stop The War Coalition today."

http://www.mpacuk.org/story/271009/serving-british-soldier-speaks-out-anti-war-demo.html

How many Taliban come and speak out against terrorism?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is that a serious question? Do you realise that the Taliban still operates under a system of jirga law for all its decisions?

That they subordinate their acts to legal opinions? How do you think they maintain control over 80% of Afghanistan after 8 years of war with the Americans?

Anyway, see this:

http://www.rferl.org/content/Taliba...nce_Terror_Could_Taliban_Be_Next/1350341.html

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I don't know Sam I'm just asking. I have given you UK soldiers who are against the war when you would call them 'nazis'. I have given you a cleric who speaks out against terrorism and you call it 'ineffective' just his 'two cents'. I give you a list of UK and American religious folk who spoke out against the wars and all you can come up with is 'How many UK clerics have spoken out against troops' your the muslim and your the muslim who 'knows clerics' why don't you list them, after all you don't pride yourself as a member but a muslim member. Well this was to be an anti terrorism thread and all I got from you were that americans weep for buildings and that their dead are inconsequential.

Oh well.

I mean one would think from you, PJ and straw that the man had committed some grave act by coming out with a fatwa against terrorism. Its crazy!!!!! PJ even referred to me as a 'hater' immediately after posting the damn thing!

As legends of old have said 'never mind the bollocks'

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I would say the fatwa you have in the OP is probably less effective than UK soldiers speaking out against the war.

I was merely pointing out that all this hoo haa over fatwas is highly overrated. Non-Muslims pay far far far more attention to them than Muslims do.

Its good PR, maybe, but nothing that will bring in any great change. This guy isn't saying anything we don't already know.

You're confusing my opinion of fatwas with my opinion of terrorism, I think

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Not really. What we are trying to curtail is terrorism and radicalism within Europe and it is not non-muslims who are committing those acts.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe if Europeans stopped occupying and bombing other countries? Nah, thats too much work

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Terrorism began before those wars so what do you think of that?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean when the anti-Nazis blew up the German Parliament in 1939?

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

No I mean these:

On February 26, 1993, Islamic terrorists attempt to bring down the World Trade Center towers by detonating truck bombs in the underground parking garage. The attack fails to topple the twin towers but kills six and injures over 1,000.

On December 24, 1994, in what could have been a preview of 9/11, Air France Flight 8969 is hijacked by Islamic terrorists who plan to crash the plane in Paris. The hijacking ended with few casualties as French law-enforcement takes control of the situation.

On January 6, 1995, a large-scale Islamist plot to bomb 11 U.S. airliners over the Pacific is dismantled when a laptop computer is fortuitously discovered in a Manila apartment by authorities after a fire. Ramzi Yousef and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed are named by Philippine security personnel as the instigators.

On August 7, 1998, Al Qaeda bombs the U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Tanzania, killing 225 and wounding 4,000.

On June 14, 1995, a six day hostage crisis begins as Chechen Islamist rebels storm the Budyonnovsk police station, hospital, city hall, and other buildings. They take between 1,500 and 1,800 hostages including many women and children. 105 civilians and 25 Russian troops perish.

On February 24, 1997, an armed man shoots at tourists on the Empire State Building observation deck. The gunman's note claims that the attack is punishment against the "enemies of Palestine."

On October 12, 2000, Al Qaeda bombs the USS Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors and wounding 40 near Aden, Yemen.

That's just a few.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What was the reason given for the 1993 WTC? Or any of the others? World domination?

And why are you giving American examples for terrorism in Europe?

You missed one. Sirhan Sirhan, the Palestinian Christian who shot Bobby Kennedy

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This is a useless point. Terror may be condoned under various religious or irreligious laws.

No, just the commonplace definition. Or else defend your statement with more than just specious opinion.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The jirga is not religious law. Go away clueless

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I said religious and irreligious. There was no edit, sad, sad woman.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

When the deposed government of a state follows the recognised judiciary body of the state to mediate its actions, its not terrorism. The Taliban was elected, however they turned out. Karzai was installed, but even he subordinates to the same jirga and cannot deny the legality of their process.

The Talibans actions are officially sanctioned because they are legal by Afghan laws. You understand now, what is going on there?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And again: terror may be condoned by means religious and irreligious. Elsewhere you argue that the 9/11 terror attacks couldn't have been planned in Afghanistan or Pakistan because "they" don't have the ability. You compared it to dry runs running camels into caves. But, while I don't believe they were planned there, you're arguing something without any connection to reality. There are no Afghanis or Pakistanis with any knowledge of the ability to get on a plane? Do you see what I'm getting at here?

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its the equivalent of the Taliban establishing Sharia law in the US, establishing a Caliphate using an American puppet, and pretending that Americans follow Islamic law. Its quite silly actually.

Which is why NATO has to jump through hoops pretending the 5000 year old jirga is irrelevant to Afghans and that they support the puppet who they installed.

Its also quite bizarre that westerners believe they can make it work.