Muslim cultural center near 9/11 site causes distress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mrs.Lucysnow, May 20, 2010.

1. Black Jack Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing Registered Senior Member

Fair enough. Those Wiccans are spreading like wildfire! Either that or they're just starting to "come out of the closet" about their faith... It would be interesting to see how many of those were new recruits vs otherwise. Either way, that's an impressive increase. I wonder what the % is of Muslims...

Percentage is only a part of calculating growth. Yes, it's important, but without proper context you can't conclude that one group is growing faster than another simply based on one number.

*EDIT*
    I'd also like to point out some irony in the adverts of the website you chose to link:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I know an ex-Muslim in Iran who converted to Scientology. She said there are a few hundred Scientologists in the Capitol. Now, supposing that there were 1 in the year 2000 and are 100 now in 2010, that's a percentage growth? 10,000%?

WOW must be Scientologylish sumthin-sumthin about Tommy Boy :shrug:

It should be noted: She subsequently quit believing in Xenu. I asked why: She said because it's so stupid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Now she's just a nothing but has a general belief in God. I wonder how many Muslim converts do that for a while and then quit believing. Most people don't convert from whatever they were brainwashed to believe in. Those that do have an number of interesting types of personalities.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I fear that if it's going to be built there, then it won't stay there for long..

I interpret it as a provocation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Accursed Wiccans. I saw what they did to those kids in that grainy woods movie with the sticks. Can't fool me.

8. IamJoseph Banned Banned

Sorry - can't let such a terrible statement go by with silence.

Britain actually did invade and round up innocent folk, as you so desire. All of Christianity is based on conversion by mass murder - probably this is what happened with your own ancesters. The funny part is how you don't see worshipping an image of your own as varied from Indians - which poses no tradition of killing Christians for the same reason. Of all belief systems, Christianity will collapse as no other without images - the reason this religion was seperated from its once mother religion. Judea rejected Rome's decree of Heresy - and won. Christianity continued it with a vengence.

Now you are wrong is attested by millions upon millions already killed off - and what has it come to? Christianity has become the most dwindling religion, while Islam stays afloat only by still retaining the sword over its people. Isabela claimed, BETTER TO DESTROY THEIR BODIES AND SAVE THEIR SOULS - and guess who she targeted here - not Hindus but those who introduced Christianity to Monotheism. Result: a Jew got lost at sea and a new refuge was discovered. America was born and the Constitution enacted - a big time rebuff to medevial Europe.

The applicabe mode must be to LOVE THE STRANGER - that is the test. Loving your neighbour is based on prudent self interest. Indians are one of the nicest folk, their country has been hospitable to many for 1000's of years. How would Christians survive the law: ONLY THE SOUL THAT SINS IT SHALL PAY? If you listed some bad things the Indians did to you - then go ahead and spell it out - their religion precedes yours by 1000's of years and without a record of mass murders. Please re-consider.

9. IamJoseph Banned Banned

I wonder if humanity will see the day when villification of others in scriptures will become outlawed. This points the way for the only mode of humanity's survival. Already, one cannot accuse another on the basis of belief in the Judiciary system - so why is it allowed in religions? I wonder if all of humanity were to vote on this and how they would decide. This would require all religions to make soul wrenching decisions - but they would be in good company.

Abraham was hardly obedient when tested. When told all of a city's inhabitants were to be destroyed, he wrestled with God, even arousing divine anxst. But this was only a test, for he was blessed for it, and his words made both Heaven and Earth tremble, even denouncing God's work as evil in this instant:

WILL THE KING OF ALL JUSTICE NOT DO JUSTLY - WILL HE TAKE THE INNOCENT CHIDREN ALONG WITH THE GUILTY - THIS EVIL BE FAR AWAY FROM YOU.

Abraham was a mench.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Generally agreed with the post; very apt. Mind, there was fighting and atrocity in native North Americans also; the Iroquois were a particular brand of asshole in their dealings with other native nations.

11. Bells Staff Member

I don't think he meant "native North Americans" when he said the word "Indians"..

He was responding to these posts made by Cheski..

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2560344&postcount=228

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2560344&postcount=228

So err yeah..

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member