Moses: Pharaoh of Egypt

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I started this thread because of a discussion okinrus and I were getting into. I feel it needs to have it's own thread instead of posting on "In the beginning..." thread.

"The name Moses is Egyptian and comes from 'mo', the Egyptian word for water, and 'uses', meaning 'saved from water', in this case, primordial."22

22(Jacolliot, Louis, The Bible in India , Sun Books 1982.

"The Moses tale was originally that of an Egyptian hero, Ra-Harakhti, the reborn son god of Canopus, whose life historoy was copied by biblical scholars."23

23(Walker, Barbara, The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets , Harper 1983.)

"The Jews strictly are of the Tribe, or Totemic Clan, of Judah. The Israelites were not Jews, although some Jews may be Israelites. Moses and his followers have been termed Israelites, but there is no evidence that the "Israelites" were ever in Egypt except once when they made a raid, and were driven back with great slaughter. The Israelites, a mythological name, were a number of Totemic Tribes who originally left Egypt and went to the East during the Stellar Cult."44

44(Churchward, Col. James, The Children of Mu , BE Books, 1988).

"Initially, just as the Bible explains (Exodux 2:15-3:1), Moses fled to the land of Midian, east of the Sinai peninsula. His senior queen, Nefertiti, appears to have died a short while before this, and although her remains have not been discovered, a cartouche bearing her name was found in the 1930s in the rooyal tomb at Amarna."27

27(Clayton, Peter A., Chronicles of the Pharaohs , Thames & Hudson, 1994).

"Having been in Sinai and Midian from his abdication in about 1361 BC, Moses (Akhenaten) returned to Egypt with Aaron (Smenkhkare) to take up the Israelite cause against the incoming Pharaoh Ramesses I, who apparently was holding many of the families in bonded service. Given that Akhenaten's own eighteenth dynasty had terminated with Pharaoh Horemheb, who had no legitimate heir, a new dynasty had commenced (c. 1335 BC) under Horemheb's erstwhile vizier Ramesses, the son of a troop commander called Seti."50

50(Clayton, P.A., Chronicle of the Pharaohs , pp 140-141).

"By performing the secret rituals of the serpent-rod and withered hand, Moses and Aaron were clearly challenging Ramesses's right of succession -- but Ramesses controlled the Egyptian army and this proved a decisive factor in the power of struggle."51

51(Osman, A., Moses: Pharaoh of Egypt , p. 64).

"Moses succeeded in establishing his Israelite supporters as a community at Zaru and, having failed in his attempt to regain his pharaonic position, he managed to persuade Ramesses to allow him and the Israelites to leave the country."

(Gardner, Laurence, Genesis of the Grail Kings , Element Books, Boston, MA, 2000).

Recapping, Moses was known by several names: Aminadab, King Amenhotep IV, and the Pharaoh of the eighteenth dynasty, Akentaten.

Any comments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. okinrus Registered Senior Member

M*W, although any evidence for a Moses-egyptian connection may validate the Biblical tales of Moses, I doubt there is enough evidence. That is, there is, to my knowledge, no other historical testimony of Moses but the books in the Bible. Enscriptions of David's name have been found but not Moses' name.

The Jewish religion is also quite different than Akhenaton's; for Akhenaton believed the physical sun was God, while Moses believed in a spiritual God. Akhenaton believed he was the son of God, while Moses believed in a continum of prophets, beginning with Abraham.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Well you seem to be missing one explanation...

That is that the story of Moses is actually based upon Sargon.

The Sargon version:

"... My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river, which rose not (over) me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water. Akki, the drawer of water lifted me out as he dipped his e[w]er. Akki the drawer of water, [took me] as his son (and) reared me." (Sargon dated to 2,279 - 2,334 BCE)

And the Moses version:

"... The woman conceived and gave birth to a son. She saw that he was good and she hid him for three months. She could not hide him any longer, so she took for him a wicker basket and smeared it with clay and pitch, she placed the child into it and placed it among the reeds at the bank of the river." Then Pharaoh's daughter saw the basket among the reeds. Later on the Bible says (Exodus 2:10), the boy grew up and she brought him to the daughter of Pharaoh and he was a son to her. She called his name Moses, as she said, " For I drew him from the water." (Moses dated to 1,250 - 1,350 BCE)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

SnakeLord: Well you seem to be missing one explanation...

That is that the story of Moses is actually based upon Sargon.

The Sargon version:

"... My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river, which rose not (over) me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water. Akki, the drawer of water lifted me out as he dipped his e[w]er. Akki the drawer of water, [took me] as his son (and) reared me." (Sargon dated to 2,279 - 2,334 BCE)

And the Moses version:

"... The woman conceived and gave birth to a son. She saw that he was good and she hid him for three months. She could not hide him any longer, so she took for him a wicker basket and smeared it with clay and pitch, she placed the child into it and placed it among the reeds at the bank of the river." Then Pharaoh's daughter saw the basket among the reeds. Later on the Bible says (Exodus 2:10), the boy grew up and she brought him to the daughter of Pharaoh and he was a son to her. She called his name Moses, as she said, " For I drew him from the water." (Moses dated to 1,250 - 1,350 BCE)
    M*W: My, my, I am impressed! I have seen Sargon mentioned in the indexes, but I didn't bother to even look there! Thank you for leading me in that direction!

I found it interesting when I looked up Sargon, that the "slaughter of the infants" is yet another repeating myth of the king who was afraid he'd be overthrown by a newborn baby boy. This theme follows in the myth's of Sargon, Nimrod, Moses, Jason, Krishna, Mordred, Oedipus, Perseus, Romulus and Remus, Zeus and, of course, that of Jesus. It would now appear to me that the whole story of Moses is just a recurring myth! Is there ANYTHING in the Bible that wasn't a myth?

8. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Very unlikely.

Of course what some people don't really pick up on is the effect of Chinese whispers. It's effect over the course of a millennia would be amazing, and the only way you could ever get to the 'closest real version' is to go right back to the original.

That doesn't mean the original itself isn't all just fiction, but the later spin-offs most certainly would be.

9. camphlps Registered Senior Member

Israelists is the name for decendants of israel. Who is better known as Jaccob, son of Issac. Jaccob has 12 children, which became the 12 tribes of israel (although there is accually 13 because Joesopth has no accual tribe. Juda is the combined clans of his two sons)

the Hebrews were the slaves, not israelits...though israelits where slaves but in whole it was Hebrews. The Wife or daughter, dont remember who off my head, noticed that Moses had a Hebrew sash on him when they found them. But your information is correct. Just a little correction there to help you out. Not to be rude or anything.

I do find that a lot of Christian beliefs is shaped to appear the same as others. This is due to the goal of converting pegans.(idol worshipers). Example: Christ was born during the summer/spring because "why would shepards be around during winter" Also Astrological refers the Nova to be at that time. The nova was the star (its a theory so its not proof) Celebrating christs birth on Dec. 25 was to convert pegan holidays. There are accually several on that day. Some where the birth of a Pegan messiah. So to help spread Gods word, they started celebrating the same day.

Example: the Christmas Tree was from the Celtic holiday.