More Great Economic News

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by sandy, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Socialized medicine seems to work well for W himself.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

You are selfish sandy. The rich are the minority, the middle and working class are the majority. You have to see all three views on the situation.

And what if people cannot afford private schools? That would be the end of educated america.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Yes! I went to a private school for some years and I regret it 100%.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Money for education should come from the local level. I'd rather the Dept. of Education was eliminated. It's greatest accomplishment, No Child Left Behind, an education policy pushed by a Republican president mind you, has been nothing more than a money hole.

8. sandy Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. kmguru Staff Member

Under Bush, thousands of houses are in foreclosure and financial institutions have to write off Trillions of dollars (CBS 60 minutes today). Many brokers ran away with billions in fees...if that is not thivery what is? And after 8 years of Republicans, I doubt another will be the President. There are too many poor people this time than the few rich from the sub-prime industry.

10. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Like public schools, it depends on which school you went to. There are plenty of good private schools. Your experience shouldn't be a knock on private schools as a whole, just like how crappy public schools shouldn't be a knock on public schools as a whole.

11. kmguru Staff Member

There is a good chance Barak Obama will be the next president. (Hillary has too many baggages). Get used to it...

12. sandy Banned Banned

What does that have to do with great economic news? That would be DISASTROUS economic news.

He would raise taxes.We would be thrown into a recession. He would pull us out of Iraq. The evil muslim terrorists would bring their death/destruction back here. He would start socialized medicine which would be the end of good healthcare in the USA. All the good doctors would leave/quit. He would coddle muslims. There are reports he took $200 MILLION from Iran to run/win.
    He would gut the military leaving us defenseless like Clinton did. He would put dangerous people into positions of power including his black supremacist pastor. He would throw more money at the failed public school system. He very well may begin the case for sharia law.....

Obama. Bad for Illinois. Dangerous for America.

Back on topic: I wonder if the market will react to the recent primary wins.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

OBAMA GOOD FOR ILLNOIS GREAT FOR AMERICA

14. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Read my post #962 *rolls eyes*

15. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Who are you responding to?

16. kmguru Staff Member

Assuming for a moment he wins...since you asked for it....

He would raise taxes. ---for the rich
    We would be thrown into a recession. ---we already are
    He would pull us out of Iraq. ---no poor soldier will die
    The evil muslim terrorists would bring their death/destruction back here.
    ---Since we stop breeding them there, there will not be any.
    He would start socialized medicine which would be the end of good healthcare in the USA. ---only for the rich, poor do not have insurance and are a burden to the healthcare system.
    All the good doctors would leave/quit. ---go to Africa? since old world is socialized medicine.
    He would coddle muslims. ---Muslims are here in USA, learn to cuddle.
    There are reports he took $200 MILLION from Iran to run/win.---Reports or rumours? Dumb people listen to the romours.
    He would gut the military leaving us defenseless like Clinton did. ---Military could not have prevented 9/11, no matter what size they are! We had the best Military during Pearl Harbor.
    He would put dangerous people into positions of power including his black supremacist pastor. --- No, he would not, he is half white.
    He would throw more money at the failed public school system. --- If it worked for him, lead by example.
    He very well may begin the case for sharia law ---He is not Muslim. Ignorance is not bliss. Smart people should know that...

17. kmguru Staff Member

Addition to #966

18. sandy Banned Banned

I don't want any more Obama talk in my thread on great economic news. I can't stand him. I will be glad to join you on the thread about him.

19. kmguru Staff Member

Are you throwing a tantrum? O! hot one?

20. sandy Banned Banned

Nope. I just don't want to discuss him here.

21. kmguru Staff Member

The choice is not yours. If he is chosen as a democratic nominee, that would point to what type of economy we will have...since it is about Economic News...I am sure you get it...What are you going to do when he becomes the President? Sand time?

22. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

So, in other words, you just lost an arguement.

23. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

No, you're just purposefully spinning things. She's willing to have the argument, but not on this thread which makes sense considering this is a thread about great economic news. I don't see anything wrong with her request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.