More Good News for the Nation, Bad News for Republicans.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You're welcome. Thank you for proving mine.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Nice one Joe, we all know your stance on public servants.
    If they're rich Wallstreet goons, they get a pass.

Secondly, it's all about leading the electorate around by the nose. You don't need to outright lie, just mention the word Obama and Muslim in the same sentence a few million times. AND then make pretend it actually maters. Rhyme Ryan with Lying and that serves for political discourse.

Think about that. If the job of the POTUS is simply to ensure that the US Constitution is upheld, then why would it matter if he or she were Christian, Muslim or other? It wouldn't. The job would be a boring. BUT, now that the government has seen fit to regulate every single aspect of our lives - even marriage, even sex... and of course "education" *cough* indoctrination *cough*..... yes, now people worry.

I find that pretty sad indictment of the State of the Union.

When I see Obama or Mitten flag wavers... I'm often reminded of those paid idiots in North Korea who threw themselves to the ground in front of the cameras wailing and crying when Dear Leader died.
    What a farce and when not farce - a tragedy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What conspiracy stunt? ShadowStats started breaking in the opposite direction years ago. Which is plainly evident on the graph I posted. Unemployment has been getting worse for years and will continue to get worse as soon as people start coming to terms with the fact that the Federal Reserve - Treasury shell game is just that. AND people are starting to smell the whiffs of reality as we speak.

You do know, when you use the word 'Conspiracy' you sound like those people who attacked anyone who questioned the official line on Iraq and WMD. Guess what - it was a conspiracy. They never had WMD. The government, both sides, made it all up, murdered innocent Iraqis, continue to work to ignite sectarian violence all over the middle east, and worse of all - goose stepped American children off into death.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Here is the bottom line, you cannot prove your claims.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

If you're going to try to con people, at least—you know—try.

I would correct you, and point out that there is a difference between "conspiracy stunt" and what I actually said, "conspiracy theory stunt", except it is quite observable that it doesn't really matter to you:

In this case, you altered the terminology to mount a dishonest attack.

Good one.

Michael, you repeated a conspiracy theory that had already been debunked, with no care whatsoever toward the critical analysis showing what was wrong with it.

You do realize that no amount of ranting about the Federal Reserve, or Iraq and WMD, will abate the stench of your dishonesty?

Seriously, man, if you can't be honest, then you're just trolling.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I provided a link to the source I quoted.
    I provided a visual representation of the data in a graph (from said linked source).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

DO the U6 numbers look ANYWHERE NEAR 7.8%??!?!?!

Let me guess... even the government BLS doesn't count now??!?!?

Finally, ShadowStats as I stated previously started diverging from the official propaganda 5 years ago. Unemployment is well above 20% and ANYONE looking for a job without one hell of a serious skill set is f*cked.

AND it's my opinion it's going to get worse - much worse.
    MUCH WORSE.

Even under normal circumstances it is considered prudent to have at least 1 month of stored normal food and 2 months of long-term stored canned food. As well as plenty of water (if you don't have a well) and access to some money.
    Everyone's an expert the day after a tragedy.
    These are not normal times.

And it doesn't matter who we elect as POTUS. Or who is in CONgress. There is no turning this ship around.

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I said GWB´s depression was "inevitable" when he still had two years as POTUS, but who is elected to Congress will make a timing difference. If, as is probable, we get a mix of representatives, which can do very little, then the run on the dollar may come well before Halloween 2014. I can´t bring myself to vote for Romney but hope he wins so at least the Republicans do get the blame for GWB´s depression.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Or apparently waste your time reading . . . .

None of those quotes were from TV. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

What's really going to happen:

The economy will recover, like it always does after a recession. And people like you will continue to scream "No! Wait! It will be REALLY bad! He will grab our guns! Obama will sell everyone out to the rich bankers any day now! There will be a big smackdown!"

But like I said, people will only listen to extremists like yourself for so long. Eventually they realize "wait a minute, these guys are always saying the same thing, and they're always wrong."

(Hint in terms of karma - if your one source of enjoyment is watching other people suffer, life has a way of showing you the other side of that. And overall that is not a very moral way to live your life.)

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yeah you have provided plenty of links to data that has been debunked at least a thousand times in Sciforms alone. But you won’t let little things like facts get in your way and you just keep posting this garbage, and continue your campaign of misrepresentation.

No the U-6 number is nowhere near 7.8%. But the U-6 number consists mostly of employed people. That is why it is not used to report the unemployment rate. When the BLS reports the unemployment rate, they report unemployed people.

First, the economic metrics reported by the BLS and others are compiled by civil servants and are not propaganda. And you have repeatedly failed to support your conspiracy claims in that regard. Two, you have only your feelings (i.e. biases) upon which to base your economic prognostications. You don’t have the credentials and knowledge upon which to base an informed economic forecast.

Three, you cannot support your claim the unemployment number is understated. All you can do is repeat data from partisan sources that count a lot of employed people as unemployed and call it the “real unemployment rate”. Most people call that a misrepresentation (i.e. lie). The real problem for you Michael is that reality does not comport with your ideological notions. The real unemployment rate is 7.8%, and the economy has been getting better under the Obama administration.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I don´t want to step in between a shoot out, but US government sources do say the potential labor force is growing (Why at least 150,000 more jobs are needed each month just to stay even.) AND the participation rate is slightly falling every year, now.

14. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Right - the labor force is growing more slowly than the population now. Likewise, it is growing only half as quickly as it did 20 years ago, and is expected to stop growing entirely in another decade or two. This is supposed to be a big part of the reason that economic recoveries have been slower in recent business cycles than they were 20+ years ago.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Underlying all this is the fact that the employment rate in the US has been too high for some time - it's difficult to maintain a reasonable society with too many people spending too much time at paid jobs, neglecting their lives and communities. Everything from public health and childhood education to real wages and wealth suffers under that kind of unbalanced setup.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm not going to waste my time listening or reading hyperbolic superstitious ad hominin attacks on the POTUS.

Do some people believe Obama is the anti-Christ? Sure. DO I care? Nope. They said the same about Reagan and Bush and Clinton and Clinton's cigar and etc....

Why on earth would anyone waste their time with that sort of garbage?

My point was it shouldn't matter much, who is or is not the POTUS. Of course, once they started directly taxing the worker of his labor - it was all over and has been downhill ever since.

Fine, I'm still not wasting my time reading some Theobot's insane ramblings about Obama The anti-Christ. Or he's gonna git me guns... or other such nonsense. Those are generally white bigots experiencing confirmation bias.

Oh good, you have a crystal ball

hehe.... you're going to need to recallibrate your crystal ball - We are IN the recovery.

Or didn't you notice?

Barack Obama's campaign says his recovery has outpaced Ronald Reagan's in job creation
    Eventually yes, we will "recovery" in the intermittent decade life will be much worse for most Americans.

I don't own a gun (I used to when I used to hunt). By smackdown I mean metaphorically.

Was it "people like me" who called bullshit on the lie that sent Americans to fight in Vietnam? Was it "people like me" who were resisted TARP (Michael Burgess R-Texas and others were told that if they didn't pass TARP, there'd be martial law). The same TARP that made the too big to fails even bigger. Was it people like me who said, hey, wait a minute? Iraq? Wait ... what? Iraq?

What I find amazing is how people like you just keep getting duped by the same silly lies over and over and over again.

The Government's War on Poverty = more people living in poverty
    The Government's War on Drugs = more drug use.
    The Government's War on Terrorism = more terrorists.
    The Government's one job, to uphold our Civil Liberties = Patriot Act, the TSA, Income Tax ON the WORKERS labor (something we already own for Buddha's sake!)
    The Government's War on illiteracy = more illiteracy.

When do you stop and say, oh.... yeah, you were right?
    Ever?

I'll tell you when... NEVER!!!

THIS IS the recovery. If you're a fat crooked banker, times have never been better. You get to print money out of nothing, well, I should say create debt obligation out of nothing, sell the labor of the peasant class TO the peasant class at a profit, buy off elected 'Officials', and on and on it goes. Things in the USA have been going down hill for 98 years for the peon class. BUT not for the Bankers - for them life only goes from great to magnificent. Under Obama the top 0.1% took in 98% of the gains. Yeah, maybe you missed the whole recovery because you're part of the proletariat class? Well, now we (the proletariat peons) are working 50-70+ hours a week, BOTH partners are working just to make ends meet so we can pay the tax burden to pay for the Bureaucrates "Fighting the GOOD Fight"... fighting the Wars on Poverty, Drugs, Terrorism, Illiteracy and all the other wondrous bullshit the Federal Government makes up... you know, because "YOU use the roads!".... and "Don't you care about the CHILDREN?!?!". Of course, these so-called Wars go on and on and on forever. I mean *gasp* if they were ever won, Public 'Servants' would be out of a job... can't have THAT!!!

Come on..... unless we start putting our children to work to help make ends meet, this is the end of the road.

PUUULEASE Americans, don't stoop to actually putting your children to work like in 3rd world nations.
    Just get rid of the Federal Reserve, regulations and government from you lives. You are adults, you can do things for yourselves. You don't need Uncle SAM to tell you what to do and when to do it. Let free-market capitalism work again .... like it used to, when we were a rich and relatively free happy society.

Tell that to the Greeks.

Tell that to the Chinese who lived through 5 generations of Communism.
    Or the Japanese as they enter the 25th year of their recession
    Or the Spanish youth who can't get work.

Tell that to the kids raised in the shit holes that substitute for the American Dream in the inner cities. I suppose if you don't see them, they don't count.

Tell that to the one quarter of Michiganders who migrated from the State. In some cities, like Flint, the City Police only work 3 days a week. The rest of the time you better have a dog and a gun or two.

One more time, according to Obama, THIS IS the recovery. Maybe you missed it? If you think we're going back to the 'good ole days'.... you may want to think again. Life in the USA is going to get much worse. MUCH WORSE. Unless you're highly skilled and have your Government Certificed Qualification Papers allowing you to work, like say, an MD or DO or other such 'Qualifications'. Then you'll be able to live in a nice middle class enclave complete with your own private security. Which is exactly what we have all across the USA.

Maybe I wasn't clear. What I think is enjoyable is when thieves get back what they dealt out - in spades.

So, you could say watching people suffer is enjoyable - evil people. Yes, I'll have a wide motherf*cking grin the day that fat crook Corzine and the rest of his ilk are hauled off to prison. THAT WILL be quite enjoyable indeed

I'm not Buddhist, but, maybe I'll ask one later this year what he thinks of my predilection towards some forms of schadenfreude ... heh...

As for a 3 month supply of food, some rice and water and other canned food stuffs. Maybe it's my Michigan sensibility - but we've always kept a stock and supply canned food and bottled water in the cellar. That's just prudence.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Here's an interview just today, of John Williams (writes ShadowStats) on how he determines unemployment. Given it's an interview he is asked other questions related to his opinion on the economy.

[video=youtube;btiApeHpBWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btiApeHpBWg[/video]

18. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I'd say that that's the labor force participation rate you're thinking of there, not the (un)employment rate. A high unemployemnt rate is pretty clearly bad - those who want to do productive, remunerative work ought to be able to find it. But the question of whether we have too many people needing/wanting work in the first place - the labor force participation rate - is a different question, and I can certainly see good arguments that middle class families shouldn't require two incomes, etc. The standard reasoning that a growing workforce participation rate is always and everywhere a good thing certainly has some very questionable assumptions underpinning it and some major externalities missing from it (some of which you cite there). Indeed, in a certain light it looks a lot like a producerist - or even, outright fascist - worldview.

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You are just trolling now Michael. John Williams is the owner of Shadow Stats. It is his business. He is not an economist. And it doesn't change the fact that he is playing to a fringe audience and playing fast and lose with the facts (e.g. reporting employed people as unemployed).

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

He did an undergraduate degree in economics and got an MBA from Dartmouth College and worked in the industry analyzing data prior to starting his website. Unlike Bernanke he actually works for a living.

Get this Joe, someone with a PhD in chemical engineering who has to take part-time work as at McDonald's is not the same as the same person working as an engineer.

We had this discussion over QE1, back then you said things were fantastic. Then came QE2 and again you said we were all Naysayers. Then came Operation-Screw and suddenly Ron Paul was a racist - THAT was the problem! Then came QE infinity ... and you're right back to saying things are fantastic. We've come full circle. Sorry to break this to you Joe, but no, things are absolutely NOT fantastic. And soon the Federal Reserve is going to have to stop buying junk and raise interest rates or they will destroy the US dollar. Eitherway, whatever should happen, I do hope that just maybe the stench will be bad enough to reach those palace windows of yours and wrinkle your nose.

Until then.... isn't the view just lovely from way up here in la la land?

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I don´t agree with last sentence being the main part / cause of / "this time is different" recovery but perhaps you did not mean it as the main cause. I´m not even sure the recovery is real. For example, many wealthy with Euros are buying US stocks and rental property now, but their wealth is finite, and when it stops flowing into stocks and home sales (rental property like condos in Florida mainly), home prices and dollar value may resume their decline.

However rest of your post is valid. I.e. now that the baby boomer demographic bulge is starting to retire, there may even get to be a serious skilled labor shortage (more so than today) as these older workers were on average better educated (see that in the declining SAT scores etc.) with unemployment dropping to 5 or 6%.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Ignoring evidence and repeating nonsense ad infinitum does nothing to improve your argument.

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

You could try dealing with what I actually wrote, instead of stuffing a stilted rephrase into my mouth at the outset. You might end up with a better idea about what I do and do not think. Certainly, you'd be less overtly disrespectful and trollish.

I am sure that I do not put any stock in your Recovery Trutherism.

No they aren't. Educational attainment is much higher in the younger cohort of Americans than in the Baby Boomers (only a small fraction of whom attended college). SAT scores are not measure of "education," can't be compared across gaps as wide as today's workers and the Baby Boomers, and are showing slight declines due to the expanding pool of people who are attending college. I.e., that drop in SAT scores in recent years reflects exactly the fact that more people are getting college educations now - people who wouldn't have before, and so whose scores are slightly lower than the average in the former, smaller pool of test-takers.

The US workforce is better educated than it has ever been, and the retirement of the Baby Boomers is accelerating that trend.