More bad news that inflation is here

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by cosmictraveler, Jul 1, 2014.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You are not making any sense here when you try to link government fiscal policy to central planning. You frequently contradict yourself.

Well that simply isn’t true. The Soviet Union had a state central planning agency, Gosplan.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosplan

The FDA can and does regulate drugs in this country, but that doesn’t make it a central planner. It makes it a regulator. Market participants are free to act or not act. The FDA is just setting acceptable industry standards. So while the US drug industry is not laissez-faire it is not centrally planned either.

Oh but I have, I did suggest you but your confirmation biases in the closet and go back and reread what I wrote. I use standard definitions. I don’t make up meanings to old terms and words. Google “central planning”.

A planned economy is the economic system in which decisions regarding production and investment are embodied in a plan formulated by a central authority, usually by a public body such as a government agency.[1][2] Thus it may be termed a "command economy". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_economy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What Joe means by "advanced' is 'centrally planned'. You know, the 'advanced' economies like ours where you couldn't wipe your arse without breaking a few dozen or so federal regulations. The one where most children are stuffed into day supervision factories because their mother's have to work to pay for the State's latest phony war and the State's largess it spills onto the centrally planned economy. The 'advanced' ones like ours, with CENTRAL banks, that issue STATE fiat currency and then force the Citizen/Tax Chattel to pay labor tax in - thereby forcing said property into accessing said State currency.

You know, the 'advanced' ones where you need permission by your Nanny State Central Planners to gain a State licence to sell arranged followers, get married, practice veterinary medicine or law, sell liquor, drive a cab, open a restaurant, sell lemon-aid by the road as a kid, wipe your arse....

See "advanced" is code for, a society that has become productive enough for the State to really start leeching off it like the parasitic cancer it is. China is freer - for now. But once the society begins to accumulate wealth, the State will do what all cancers do to a healthy organism/host - grow, metastasize, strangle and finally kill.

As for REAL inflation: Consumers Spending More, Just Not on Things They Want
    Groceries, gasoline top list; leisure, travel, dining out at bottom

PRINCETON, NJ -- Slightly less than half of all Americans (45%) report spending more than they did a year ago, while 18% report spending less. A closer look at these numbers reveals Americans' increased spending is on household essentials, such as groceries, gasoline, utilities, and healthcare, rather than on discretionary purchases.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

At the other end of the spectrum, roughly one-third of Americans report spending less on discretionary items such as travel (38%), dining out (38%), leisure activities (31%), consumer electronics (31%), and clothing (30%). More than half of Americans say they are spending about the same for rent or mortgage, household goods, telephone, automobile expenses other than fuel, personal care products, and the Internet.

All of this suggests that the increasing cost of essential items is further constraining family budgets already hit hard by the Great Recession and still reeling from a stagnant economy. This is the first time Gallup has measured household spending in this way, so it is unclear whether the current patterns are typical, or if the results on discretionary spending are better now than during the recession. Gallup's daily measure of consumer spending has been significantly higher the last two years than in 2009 through 2011 -- although this could be partly the result of higher spending on essentials.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No, I mean "advanced". We don't have a centrally planned economy.

As you well know, only one small state has that rule - one out of 50 states.

Advanced is code for prosperous and successful.

Prices going up is hardly news. As per many previous posts, inflation has been very tame, less than one percent. It has varied from zero to 2% since 2010. Those are the cold and unpleasant facts for you my friend. I expect you ignore them as you always do.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.