Moon has many abnomalies

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by river, Sep 25, 2011.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ellis Registered Senior Member

Soooo..... If I was selling a car that was very shiny,clean, very cool looking and I advertised it as being in perfect working condition but, it was fraught with mechanical problems, would you buy it (assume I'm asking the typical value for it's make and model in good condition)?

No, right? Of course, but why? Because you know enough about cars to pick out some obvious problems it may have. Burnt out clutch, rusted undercarriage, poorly functioning brakes. A mechanic certainly wouldn't as he would discover all the problems it would have beyond that of what the typical person could.

Right now you're buying that car River. You don't know enough about science to understand even where or how to go about checking data. It's exciting and interesting to hear about what we aren't being told by the government, or what fantastic conspiracies abound and if that's your thing, cool. But, don't try to pass off "stories" by people that do not conduct "legitimate" scientific studies (if you knew more about science you would be able to tell the difference) as actual scienctific fact. If the moon was hollow, it would be front page news around the globe. There is not media / government conspiracy to keep this knowledge from the masses either.

Right now, you're trying to tell a mechanic that the car is a good deal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

wouldn't the moons orbit determine whether it was hollow or not?

when the moons of mars were discovered there was speculations that one of them was hollow because of its closeness to the planet and the speed of the moon itself.

couldn't this same reasoning apply to earths moon?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.