MONOGAMY [A St Valentines gift]

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by WANDERER, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

Lucysnow:
    I'm not saying that they aren't. My comments about having useful little slaves were tounge in cheek:
    Children are best to keep around in case you get hungry for "the other other white meat"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But I don't care about them - I'm talking about the idea of staying in a relationship (like Fenris was talking about) even after the passion was dead.
    Look at it evolution-wise. Of course you want to propegate your genes. For women it's more difficult, because you actually have to raise them rather than just fathering them, right? But being a slave to your instincts is to be less than human - less than an animal even, because animals know what they're doing. So what you do is become self sufficiant, get knocked up, raise your kids and go from there. The problem is that (as your article mentioned) your most fertile years are spent finding that security. Life sucks.

Regardless, the sentiment is annoying.
    Men and women are different. This is a good thing - sex would be really really weird if they weren't - and no amount of 'grrrl power' is going to make a woman a man's equal in certain tasks.
    Or to be equitable, a man a woman's equal in others. Abstract, systematic thought is not something they handle as well, for example, just as we're not physically up to par or as good with concrete mental problems.

Well I'm not saying that they shouldn't. But I don't see a point in entering a dead relationship because you want kids, or maintaining one because you're a slave to your biology. Children ought to be the consummation of a sucessful romance, not the excuse for settling for less.
    But I mean, I understand where you and Fenris come from. I just don't share it - I'm like Alyosha in the Brothers Karamazov, too idealistic and romantic to deal well with 'real life'. I can accept intellectually that most men and women don't want much more than a stable source of sex, money and house-help and what ever else they use each other for, and that's fine for them - just not something I find particularly interesting or attractive, and I can't help but look down on someone who'd want only that out of life.
    I mean, you don't hear about Bernini's or Pascal's children, do you? Who cares about them - it's Bernini's sculptures or Pascal's math and worldview that justified their existence. Does Trey Azagthoth have kids? Who gives a shit!
    You only live once, so why not go for broke and live with true artistry rather than just plodding into a relationship with someone you cheat on just 'cause you want to wipe shit off a baby's ass for years?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Now you see why I like this guy?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. WANDERER Banned Banned

I believe many may have misinterpreted my positions here.
    I’m not saying that anyone should remain in a loveless relationship for the kids or for comfort or for any other reason, including for honour’s sake. That would be hypocritical and there’s nothing I despise more than hypocrisy and emotional lies. In particular I hate the lies people tell themselves to remain ‘contented’ or sane.
    What I’m saying is that most relationships are based on superficial evaluations and mythical constructs produced by a socio-economic system, through pop culture, institutions and the entertainment industry, that somewhat benefits from it.
    If there is any hope for any meaningful human relationship, beyond the ephemeral quick fix or hedonistic tryst, it is only possible amongst individuals that have a deeper awareness of themselves, through introspection, and the intricate issues involved, through deconstruction, honesty and analysis, and that can remain reasonable and in control of emotions and instincts, even while in the midst of lust or romance or love or hate etc.
    Here asceticism can help in creating a will capable of resisting need- as athleticism helps in the resistance of external corruptive elements on the physical body and as I’ve described in my ‘Asceticism’ thread/essay and enhances physical pleasures through controlled physical suffering- through self-discipline.
    When one can starve ones self, for example, then food becomes a matter of nutrition and it is chosen with more care and it is enjoyed with no guilt or insecurities or anxieties. When one cannot control hunger and is always striving to feed ones self as a glutton or, in an effort to regain self-control, resorts to absolute asceticism and complete denial of hunger, then he/she becomes a slave to his hunger and not a master of it or he/she ceases to exist.
    He/she becomes a victim to self and condemns ones self to future disappointments and disillusionments.
    Control, real control, entails full acceptance, complete understanding and the ability to let it go or reel it in as time and circumstances permits. This level of self-control is only possible through the ‘training’ of the will with selective temperance that enhances the hedonistic experience, even if it limits its breadth.
    Only when one can choose or not choose food, or anything, according to ones physical/mental needs can the meal be thoroughly fulfilling. Those that just eat anything that is available, just because they hunger, or that has an inability to accept the consequences of his/her choices-because every choice limits future choices-then they should expect a life of discontented gluttony and eternal discomfort. A life with no purpose or meaning. A feeding festival, survival for survival's sake.
    It is only when one has the ‘hypersensitivity’ to perceive things and people more deeply that one can enter relationships with a more serious manner and only when one accepts the responsibilities for ones own choices and actions and is conscious of their full weight can one dedicate the effort and time and WILL necessary to make something more than just a fling or a flirt or a relationship based on heightened expectations, delusions and romantic ideals.
    It is disingenuous to complain about the state of humanity or the world and to bitch about human superficiality and stupidity when we ourselves proliferate and exemplify this with our own decisions in imitation of them.
    That’s why I’ve said philosophy must be lived and not only talked about. It takes courage and Will to live according to ones ideas and ideals, as the cynics and stoics did, and to accept the responsibilities for their decisions with dignity and resolve.
    This is what I call nobility.
    Most ‘intellectuals’, wearied by the sheer effort required to live with dignity or to resist the common popular rule, wind up behaving in exactly the same manner as that which sickens them and they then justify it by using the same old excuses about ‘nature’ or ‘when in Rome…’ excuses.
    Like I’ve said before, an obese person can easily use this same excuse to explain his/her inability to control food consumption or his/her inability to resist fats and sugars. We are creatures created for more ‘lean’ times and this age of plenty threatens us psychologically and physically. Our bodies have not evolved as fast as our minds have.
    But what is man but a creature that can suppress or surpass its own nature. Is that not what distinguishes us from common animals and is it not this that we most value and respect in others.
    Man becomes free-willed and a master of his own nature can he/she can inderstand, supress and express it with reason and control.
    Do we not admire stregth of Will in others?
    We love dogs, for instance, and we use them as our personal slaves and minions, but we respect the wolf, do we not?
    We most want to be like the wolf, even if we most like to be around the dog.
    It is the wolfs uncompromising, wildness that intrigues us and inspires us and a dogs submission we see as undignified.

If one enters into relationships with prior knowledge and expectation that it will end in a year or two then he/she should not be surprised if that’s exactly what happens, when one throws away something or someone just because of a momentary instance or weakness or because of greed and gluttony then one should expect that he is also easily disposable by others in this manner.
    We surround ourselves by that which we seek. If we seek nobility and do not compromise our principles then, if chance permits, that is what we will find. If we seek superficial, shallow relationships based on instinct and momentary lust, then that’s what we will find. But, like when eating Chinese food, we will hunger again in an hour.
    That’s why I am a believer that by seeing who one surrounds himself/herself with and who one associates with [what one feeds off and on] is the best way to see who this person is, despite what he/she says and might even believe he/she is. Actions expose 'truth'.
    Actions speak louder than words. The subconscious and the body never lies.

Dignity demands reciprocation or it chooses solitude. If you show no respect and honesty and commitment and sacrifice for the emotions and well-being of the person you, supposedly, care for then why would you expect that to be shown to you in return? If you do not respect yourself enough to not compromise or settle then why should another respect you?
    When one treats individuals as flesh-pots, sexual toys, flavours of the month, to be tasted and discarded like a box of cereal, then he/she should not expect others to treat them any different or blame that sense of emptiness and discontentment, that inevitable results from this, on the world or on human nature.
    We create the circumstances of our own existence. If we push people away, we will live alone, if we see humans as toys to be played with then we will be treated as such, if we never try to find something better, deeper, then we will never find it.
    Am I a romantic? Hell yes but not a hopeless one.
    Perhaps android had it right, the meek shall inherit the earth, as it was written. People like me feel out of place here on this planet in this ‘modern’ age of consumerism and superficiality.
    It sickens us and pushes us into isolation.
    But if I am the last of my kind, then let it be so. I will live out my days as best as I can and then turn my back on the world and leave it with contentment.
    My kind always flourished in times of unclaimed frontiers and unsoiled space.
    Maybe we will flourish once more in the future when technology opens up the new frontiers of space. Let us hope that the characteristics and the genes that make free-spirits possible are not totally bred out of our species, let us hope that the feminization of man does not condemn us to a future of ant-like or machine-like existence.
    Let us hope art and passion and love and loyalty and friendship are not totally defamed and degraded and that one day they will again be appreciated and that one day they will take root in deserving hearts and healthy minds, let us hope people stop just fucking each other and start making love and giving birth to children out of deper spiritual connections and not only the physical ones.

_an.droid_
    Who said you could, even if you desired to?

I was talking about wolfy, the sheep-dog acting like a wolf, not you.

So this ‘attack’ is a form of retribution then, sprinkled with instances of attraction?
    I believe I apologized for my past indiscretion. I will not 'bend over' for you, because of it through. I accept responsibility for how I treated you and only explain myself by saying that when one is surrounded by vandals trying to castrate you, you become somewhat defensive and trigger-happy. When you are attacked from every direction from multiple foes then you rarely stop to consider the target before you land a punch.
    But I’m getting better at it.
    My fault? Little patience.

So which one is you in the photo?
    Both seem plastic and android-like.

The only people allowed in are those that gain my trust. And that’s a hard feat indeed.
    Past experiences, you understand?

XEV
    Vivre la differance!!!!!!!!

Bells
    That was the most beautiful thing you’ve said, so far.
    I dare say, I am beginning to like you.

Lucysnow
    Your experience and female intuitive ability to perceive human nature is noted and appreciated.

Fenris Wolf
    There are times when one may find ones self being attracted to grandma that doesn’t mean one should always act on instinct.
    Your gluttony may be a product of fear. A fear of not measuring up to expectations and not fulfilling needs.
    I suspect your gluttony must find expression in other areas, such as over-eating [ A heft man you might be], over indulgence in escapism [alcohol, drugs, entertainment]. A very lonely man you are escaping the everyday through fantasy and illusion.
    You must find outlets to your discomfort with yourself by inebriating it into oblivion.
    It’s how you medicate your insecurity and anxiety. It's how you deal with reality.
    Still haven’t figured out in what area you feel ‘not enough’ in, in what area you do not measure up or you feel unable to sustain prolonged interest.
    I will though, keep on posting wolfy.

Good. Try reading me and post your evaluations.
    I'm looking forward to them.

Come, come now.
    There is need in you.
    Have you told her yet, then? Have you expressed your desire yet, have you invited her over to your cave?
    What is she, the third of fourth one you’ve attempted to seduce?
    Have you ever acomplished your goal?
    Curious as hell.
    Does she know how much you want her? Are you afraid of her rejection at your show of need?
    She wants to be taken, wolf-man, not wooed. Do you not read her?
    Women, like that, want to be taken.
    But you cannot. You don’t have my …..eyes.
    Want some help?
    You pretend indifference and civilized aloofness but you are burning inside.

Only me, you, her and those others know how close or how far I am.
    I thrust, sit back observe reaction and then recalculate, getting closer and closer and closer........
    Do you feel scared wolf man? You Don Juan of the internet café.

Throwing up ink to facilitate escape huh?
    You also show little backbone just like those creatures of the deep.
    Fight man, fight!!!!!!!!!

Given the fact that I have only the written word to use as my source of information and I lack the tactile, visual, acoustic added sensual aids, I think 33% is pretty good.
    But I get better with time. The more time I spend on someone the more transparent he/she becomes.
    You internet Casanova, you.

Have you badmouthed me to her yet? What clever put-downs and insults did you construct to make her lose respect for my….insights?
    She is a wild one wolf-man, not easily swayed and taken by façade.
    She’s looking for substance and your act is wearing thin by now.
    Have you convinced her yet that it’s her ‘nature’ to want to fuck you with no strings attached?
    Do you think women find sexual gratification in such vulgarity? Well, maybe some do.
    Women require spiritual connections, even the strong ones, they need communion, they need real emotion,not fakery.
    They need a safe haven to become vulnerable in and feel safe despite it.
    You are a user, a man looking to fulfil needs he can’t in his environment.

Like I said, everyone here is looking for something, including me.
    Please tell me what it is. I want to see the quality of your deductive reasoning and the power of your eyes.
    Expose me if you can.
    I dare you.
    Perhaps I am the real thing. Time will show.

Did it ‘bother’ you that she spent so many posts on me wolfy?
    She rarely spends so much time on a single individual. I feel special.
    I knew what she wanted i know what she's looking for [Want to know what?], but I also knew you were there watching, fuming planning. Sticky situation.
    Good luck with her, she's a prize.

No you wanted to keep it off public view. But it was YOU that made me your enemy.
    Remember how your jealousy made you lash out at me?
    Had she expressed an interest, in private, that you wanted to destroy by ‘exposing’ me as a fraud?
    Did you fear you were losing her interests?
    But you have little to say really. A moron you are, content to fish in ponds and to offer one liner critiques that appear deeper than what they are.
    It’s easy to insinuate mind with laconic posts.
    Post a real opinion, a long thesis on any subject. Let me see your mind imbecile.
    Does mine threaten you? Too bad.
    Angry?
    Hardly. Just toying with you, finishing the fight you started, reminding you what you really are behind all the smoke and mirrors.
    Life you idiot, life has taught me not books or school. I’ve experienced everything I talk about or else I do not talk about it.
    You? A desk-jockey, a pretender, a library intellectual, a geek with a fantasy and a fear.
    Someone looking for what will never satisfy him. He fears conformity.

Read my ‘What I am’ and my ‘Call to Arms’ essays on my web-page to find out where I “fit in”.
    Then sit and form a vengeance. I’ll be waiting with suppressed anticipation.
    Hey, are women the only ones you want to ‘meet’ with?
    Because I would love meeting you face to face. A little twerp you must be.
    Disposing of you will be easy.

Not angry just displaying my abilities of perception.
    Sorry for ruining your fuck-fest but you started it. You allowed your instinct, like you always do, to dictate your actions.
    There’s risk in that, isn’t there?

Who am I “hiding” behind?
    Tell us all. Expose your mind.
    Am I not telling you things you’ve told no one?

i have only just begun!!!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Fenris:
    Yes, he's just as much a pussy as you - he throws around fancy wordplay and peeks shyly from behind it like a little bitch. Good odds says if you pressed him on something, he'd take your road of squealing that he "just hasn't got the way with words!"

Wanderer:
    Do you moonlight for Harlequin Romance or something?

"She stood before him, with her hands on her hips and a defiant expression on her face. "The truth of synthetic logic can only be demonstrated by experience, the idea of a priori knowledge is flawed and logical demonstrations of a priori truths remain academic wordplay" she challenged.
    Immanual's temper flared.
    "As I have shown, a priori truths have real validity as synthetic judgements, allowing us to escape the extremity of Humean skepticism. The grounding of scientific thought is exposited by such 'wordplay'."
    She pouted, although she was generally unimpressed by idealism, she found his refusal to back down laudable and strangely erotic. Her busom heaved as Immanual moved behind her and placed his hands on her copious breasts, whispering "our differences of opinion are minimal. I've attempted to show the truth of empirical experience, unifying it with the conclusions that extreme skepticism leads to."
    "Oh Immanual, you beast! Take me now Immanual, I can no longer hide my love for you."

And so on and so forth.

8. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Oh now, Xev... are you disappointed it wasn't you didn't he confide in? Are you disappointed it wasn't you could break down the barriers?

Are you disappointed it wasn't you?

9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Bells*

Quote: Isn't it a feminist argument that women are led to believe that they can have anything?

There are many feminist arguments including one that states the problem with feminism is the notion that women can do absolutely everything. Some women can many women have to make choices. Truth is women have more opportunities than ever before but many who choose a family also do more work now than before; if a woman has a career and has children she is doing more work, some of these women decide that a sacrifice must be made somewhere and it is usually with work because most don not want a nanny to experience the first word and the first attempts at walking. Not being able to do everything can leave a woman feeling guilty. Women have to make choices. Read the link I posted.

Quote: Wasn't it MacKinnon who stated that the notion of the nuclear family is in fact a male dominated notion which has stayed with women through the ages?

Didn't you read what i posted? I said I don't buy that notion. I would love for you to talk with any educated, african-american woman about 'patriarchy' and she would tell you that patriarchy in the nuclear family is a white-male construct. Most women of color in the States are head of their households and work; its always been so before as well as after feminism. If anything what they complain about is the load or burden of having to do everything without the alpha male figure in the household. They complain about raising male children without a role model, they complain that men don't take responsibility and they WANT partners. Mackinnon could very well kiss their assess and mine along the way.

Quote: That when a woman gets married and has children, she is expected by society to stay home and care for them while the man earns a living?

Every woman in my family for at least five generations owned land, worked, owned a business AND raised children...sometimes they raised their husbands too. You need to be specific about what society you speak of because my family is from the islands and we don't have those issues.

Quote: Such expectations of caring for the child have always fallen on the woman and it's still an expectation that exists today.

And guess what Bells many women expect this too even though many men are now willing to help raise and care for children

Quote: Lets face it, even in today's society, if a woman reaches her late 30's and 40's and she has not had a child and has no plans to have them either, she is labelled by society as being almost abnormal, selfish, a lesbian or a career driven bitch.

Face this. I live in NY where there are career driven bitches, lesbians, cross-dressers, artists, society people, working people etc. It is one of the most open cities in the world. People do what they please (or at least used to before Guilliani). Anyway, I don't know anyone who would label a woman 'selfish' or 'abnormal' for not having a baby so what 'society' says depends on the 'society' to which one belongs. Of all the career women I know there is only one (an activist in her thirties) who doesn't have or want children. Most women I know do. There are women who don't but they are in the minority not the majority. I don't know of any woman, save one, who complains about patriarchy and not getting ahead. All are quite successful, what I hear them complaining about is not finding a suitable mate.

Quote: Lucy, there are many women in their 30's and 40's who have no desire to have children. For some, such a choice is taken from them. It's a common occurence today that women are having children much later on in life because they wish to gain and maintain a career. Some just prefer to not start a family and instead prefer to concentrate on their careers and other things in their lives. Women today have so many options in life when compared to women 50 years ago and many are choosing against society's norms and deciding to not get married or have children.

Hello!! Read the link I posted. This is about informed choice! Many women don't think about children in their twenties because they are working towards their goals. Childbirth after a certain age is RISKY!! Health defects etc. Why do you think fertility is such a hot issue right now. Of course many women choose to not have children but guess what THEY ARE IN THE MINORITY!!!

Quote:Women today are no longer bound to stay in a loveless marriage 'because of the children', well at least most women now have the ability to leave or end the relationship without fear of being penalised by society.

Who says bound? Haven't you ever taken a look at the divorce percentages or spoken to kids who's parents are divorced? No one is bound to remain in a loveless marriage but I don't recall anyone referring to a loveless marriage. There was discussion about marriages that lack passion, or troubled marriages (many of which do contain love) and people deciding to WORK through their problems in an attempt to SAVE their marrige for the sake of themselves and their children.

Quote: I've never understood why women stay in a loveless or abusive relationship or marriage. I guess I don't give a shit about the notion of keeping up appearances.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Where did you read anything about abuse, loveless or keeping appearances?

Quote: Children who are brought up in a family where the parents have no feelings for each other usually end up being more scarred than if the parents seperated

Where did you read about parents who have no feelings for each other?

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Xev*

Quote:I'm not saying that they aren't. My comments about having useful little slaves were tounge in cheek:Children are best to keep around in case you get hungry for "the other

(smiles) Thanks Xev, this day has sucked so far and this is the first chuckle I've had all day.

Quote:I'm talking about the idea of staying in a relationship (like Fenris was talking about) even after the passion was dead.

Well I think about this one a lot Xev because I am the type to leave (usually amicably) when passion fizzles. Passion is really important to me but I have been wondering if this is really the way to go. I mean what if passion is something that smolders, dies and then rekindles itself? Its like working on a story for example; They begin with a passionate drive, somewhere during the process I come across an obstacle and become bogged down with minutia. If I get frustrated enough I leave it, but the desire to finish the story compels me on so what I have to rely on at that point is discipline and not passion. Eventually the hurdle is crossed or managed and then the flow of passion resumes. My relationships tend to average two years and the longest has been four and inbetween there is always a year of solitude. Because I love to travel and roam around I enjoy my freedom but i have been wondering, maybe I expect too much from passion, maybe I have to be as patient in love as I am with work.

Quote: Look at it evolution-wise. Of course you want to propegate your genes. For women it's more difficult, because you actually have to raise them rather than just fathering them, right? But being a slave to your instincts is to be less than human - less than an animal even, because animals know what they're doing. So what you do is become self sufficiant, get knocked up, raise your kids and go from there. The problem is that (as your article mentioned) your most fertile years are spent finding that security. Life sucks.

You're right it does suck! I have a friend who says she doesn't want a child but now she is speaking of maybe adopting one day because she is in her late thirties and re-considering the baby thing. One has to be realistic about their choices, one must know what they want and who they are, one must also be willing to live with the consequences of their choices. What about being a slave to passion though? Isn't that a form of slavery to ones instincts? All the women in my family have been self-sufficient, had babies when they desired and continued on with or without a man. When I look back on my grand-mothers life I realize what a brave broad she really was. She did do 'everything' and made few compromises. She had children, left two husbands then left the Island of Trinidad for England where she knew no one to pursue an education. She was ballsy for a woman of her time. The woman travelled and ran around like a nut; the only one who complains of this is her son (lot's of bad blood there!) because he didn't feel like a priority. Her daughter (my mother) gained a certain personal fortitude from my grandmother's life because it was so 'normal' in my family for a woman to be the center of her own life. Compared with the both of them I am more traditional. I don't want to have a child and raise it alone, I would rather be childless than not have a family headed by two. Partnership is much more important to me than they were to the matriarchs in my family; I prioritize them whereas my grandmother couldn't give two hoots.

Quote:Men and women are different. This is a good thing - sex would be really really weird if they weren't - and no amount of 'grrrl power' is going to make a woman a man's equal in certain tasks.

Amen to that!! I relish the differences between the sexes and am somewhat disturbed by this modern tendency towards male/female homogeny. I don't like my men too soft and I don't want to become too hard.

Quote:But I don't see a point in entering a dead relationship because you want kids, or maintaining one because you're a slave to your biology. Children ought to be the consummation of a sucessful romance, not the excuse for settling for less.

I agree but look at my Danish friend, she was in love and still loves her husband, yet the marriage has reached a place where she is considering departure. They are working on their problems (have been for a while). Out of a twelve year union they have had problems for four. Are they to throw away good eight years, deprive their children of consistency etc. over a bad four years? I don't know. They want it to work but there are problems. I don't think marriage can be broken down into 'stay if its good, leave when its bad'. I don't know! I haven't walked that plank as yet if I ever do, but from what I see around me the issue of when its time to leave is a tricky one. I think it has a lot to do with how much hope is left. If there is the slightest chance of recovery people tend to remain and work on the relationship. To tell you the truth when I saw her with that boring bean pole of a husband I couldn't understand why she was there. When the problems began I was like 'Leave the bastard!", when I realized it was not as simple as that I just began to listen and keep my mouth shut (remaining supportive an all). She doesn't stay because she is 'dependent' or because of money; she is a pharmacist and he inherited a family company. When I hear about some of the problems I am like "Kill Him!!" I think she is too good for him and always has been...but guess what? I'm not the one loving him.

This discussion reminds me of Claire Boothe's play The Women. Its a little dated but the issues are very much alive. Boothe was an interesting woman of her day (powerful and independent).

11. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*an.droid*

Quote:Reason why I refuse to deal with Lucysnow now on the forums because she has the knack of reaching into my soul

But my intentions are never to sully. Never.

12. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Correct, as far as it goes. Who, though, is attracted to grandma? Unless grandma has something to say. What constitutes attraction? Which aspects of personality or appearance? How much of yourself did you just expose?

My "gluttony" is non-existant. More guesswork from you, flailing around trying to find your target. If my gluttony is a falsehood, your guesses as to the reasons for it are useless.

Oh, now we're getting warm. You have no idea how I "escape", but you know I do. Now... tell me why, and why your method of "escape" is any different or in any way superior.

And your escape is in denying its very existance. Tell me, has it worked? If so, why are you here?

Have you any idea why you can't?

Apparently your interest in me is more than my interest in you.

There is need in all. Your concern is in finding mine. Be honest.

None of your business. Haven't I told you that?
    Here's something for you though : When one goes fishing, one will pull up all manner of fish. If one is after the big ones, the smaller ones are thrown back, in the hope that someday they will become big ones and worth catching. If one is hungry, it is sometimes difficult to throw them back.

I know. Why is that? Rhetorical question, of course.

*Smiles* my eyes are not yours, and nor are yours mine. Whether or not they see the same things will never be known to you. Doesn't that ... annoy you.

The facade differs from individual to individual, and yours is no different to mine, when all is said and done.

I imagine I bother you as much as you bother me. That much is becoming obvious.

Isn't information a fascinating thing? Little tidbits given by others allow you to gain insight? Not enough, whatever you have. Keep "fishing". Remember that different hooks catch different fish.

Knowledge is a two-way street. In your attempts to expose me, you expose yourself to me.

You idiot. Whatever makes you think that ones strengths, once warned against, could ever be taken as an insult? Do you underestimate her that much?

There are always strings. There is always desire. There is always the need of one as opposed to the need of the other. Attraction is almost never an equal thing.

Misogynist. Knowledge is something to be found, never assumed.

And why does the second part assume the first?

Tough. You see whatever I choose to show you - or whatever you can glean from other sources.

I no longer have any desire to "expose" you. You've done that all by yourself.
    If you are the real thing, then it is you who will show that. Not time.

I'm sure you do. It bothered me only in ways in which you profess to hate. Do you think it might ever destroy me?

You're still writing for others, aren't you? A part for me, a part for your audience. Uncle Tom.

No. You made me, your enemy. You'll not ever know why, if you continue in this course.

You're so sure it was that? This is your weakness.

I have little to say to you. That is what really bothers you.

Why?

No. It was interesting. Now, we merely play.

You claim your specialty, smoke and mirrors, as being mine? How very interesting.

Umm hmm. A lecturer seeking to impress schoolchildren with what he has "done".

I fear conformity as much as you do, yes? As for the preceeding... have you not gotten past that yet?

Couldn't be bothered. I'm far more interesting to me than you will ever be.

Perhaps - you have no idea of my physique, nor I of yours, beyond what you've been so fastidious in ... describing. Are you baring your teeth to me - you, who so recently described me as wanting to return to caveman days?

A lie.

Absolutely. You are demonstrating that to me as we speak.

Then make up your mind laddie. Finishing, starting... what is it to be?

13. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I hate to intervene but...

Wanderers Quote: Do you think women find sexual gratification in such vulgarity? Well, maybe some do. Women require spiritual connections, even the strong ones, they need communion, they need real emotion,not fakery.
    They need a safe haven to become vulnerable in and feel safe despite it.

Fenris Wolf response: Misogynist. Knowledge is something to be found, never assumed.

I think Fenris Wanderer is right on about this. Perhaps its because men and women are pre-fed different myths I don't know but I would say his description of what women are ultimately looking for is correct. I am not saying that men do not seek the same just that it is easier for men to say sexually bond without this 'spiritual connection', 'communion' etc.

14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Oh yeaaah- Hamlet's dismissal of that beast Ophelia.

I wonder where it will sting more though- in the pages of Shakespeare or in one of those little ICQ boxes written by a Greekish Cagliostro come one day. Silly women. So much skata.

On Monogomy:

I believe that as soon as the world globalized the individual became an expendible. Give a world mass and PRESTO... each person living in it will show the health of his planet with his body, thinking, and lifestytle.
    The modern man has a massive body -just like his world's- and a fat brain with diabetic thinking in it- nothing is denied to him in his freedom and he's sick in denial of his own stagnation.

This is how he shows himself to me and I've come to love the irony in being repulsed and made proud by it simulataneously- dignity only becomes *that* much easier by this very repulsion that drives me from him and the pride of the recoil coming so naturally is what keeps me in it. He landed me here in this faceless world where all I am is this handle and the mind behind it that the real world is forbidden to even touch with its fat fingers. This very place is a form of asceticism.

One looks in and nurtures, loves, hates, embraces all this being with no shame in what's found there- never, never, ever will I sacrifice insight for harmony since passion is better than any fucking ism or ology; all the rest that feed and speak and mate with no compuctions are little more than a foreground of actors spellbound by their gluttony. They can never touch me.

Lucysnow:

Your comments on 'love' ring true- its not the bond of the feeling itself with another that is nauseating, its the language and gestures that we're so quick to tag to our passion. Finis.
    So silly considering how easy it is to find the love-speak on Hallmark cards that circulate among idiots around the 14th with the fucking balls to believe its not just genitals they're after.

Don't know about you but any feeling I have becomes mute or embarrased if I hear my mouth trying to voice what it is to someone. Here, its required- how else to let you know I'd like to smash your skull in with a hammer or convey to you those feelings of honor and pride that make gendy gendanken?

Its a spurious language when you can watch a movie where love words are being so beautifully exchanged between actors that don't even hang out together after the show is over.

But what you said about staying in a relationship for the children- shoot yourself now.

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Gendy*

Quote:But what you said about staying in a relationship for the children- shoot yourself now

Only if you shoot yourself first! I never said that anyone should remain in a relationship for their children. I gave examples of those who try to work through their problems so as not to ditch a marriage that contains children, and it is my opinion that when a couple has children they have a responsibility to TRY and work through their problems as long as love remains those problems are not destructive and abusive.

16. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Lucysnow:
    Ah, but bullets in others are much prettier. No fun in me shooting me. Kidding....

But obligation has a tendency to kill off desire, don't you think? I could "love" so and so but any move on my part to fix our little problems because I felt I had to would damn the whole 'love' process and make it mechanical.

If I feel a resposibilty to anyone for anything, the easiset thing in the long run would be to look at those kids between us and blame misery on them. I can see my future little boy now cowering in his room for fear of even coming near me because he picks up this odor of me finding him contemptible for something he did not do. He'd be as human as I.

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Gendy*

Quote: But obligation has a tendency to kill off desire, don't you think?

Absolutely and it is one of my greatest fears...to feel 'obligated', that any deep emotion or feeling for another should become or be perceived as a duty.

Quote: I could "love" so and so but any move on my part to fix our little problems because I felt I had to would damn the whole 'love' process and make it mechanical.

Okay this is a very interesting point and I see what you mean. Would have to consider this a little more deeply. You see, I am not in a long-term relationship, have never been married and do not have children, so I am not sure how I would navigate a situation where for example I have a good relationship for a number of years, have a child or two and then find my mate changed or lacking or reliving his childhood or god knows what. I assume I would try and work on the relationship BUT I also assume that this effort would be genuine and not simply out of obligation.

Quote: If I feel a resposibilty to anyone for anything, the easiset thing in the long run would be to look at those kids between us and blame misery on them. I can see my future little boy now cowering in his room for fear of even coming near me because he picks up this odor of me finding him contemptible for something he did not do. He'd be as human as I.

Hahaha! Oh my! I so hear you. As for being responsible for someone other than ourselves: Once we have a child I don't think we think of ourselves first, I think we see our lives in terms of what is best for the child. I don't know i haven't walked the baby backing, human raising path. I just see what it brings out in the women I know (some handle it better than others thats for sure!). Personally I don't have children because I find myself very selfish. I dislike feeling rooted, weighed down etc. All my belongings are sheltered in my mothers house because I feel this incredible urge to pick a bag and head for the airport at any given moment. I want the option of not having to work (ie: working to save money to travel). I can't conceive of stuffing my child in a backpack and heading to Nepal you know. In order to have children and live the way I enjoy living I would have to amass large amounts of money. I am not interested in the middle-class, suburban life. I am also not interested in the urban mom dropping her kids off on the way to pilates class and brunch at Barney's. I guess I have a certain 'ideal' but would have to find a mate who understands and shares this 'ideal' in order to begin thinking of children. I have decided that an appropriate partner is more important than having a child, if I never find such a partner then I will never be a mother its that simple. I have seen people screw up with their children in tow and I have too much respect for the 'lil ones' to inflict my shit on them. Perhaps this is inevitable when one becomes a parent I don't know, but it is not something I take lightly. Men? They can come and go but bringing another human being into all this mess we call modern life...I shiver to think of it. I may not seek perfection in my life but I would expect myself and my partner to be solid (stable in thought and action), balanced in our affairs, self-aware and conscious of what we are building together. I know of more than one couple who marry and then the moment a child comes along everyone begins regressing. Then its about mommy and daddy and what they did or didn't get, projecting their unresolved 'inner child' nonsense all over their mates. The wife becomes 'mommy' to their husbands. They play out their drama in front of their children and it sickens me, really it does. I feel such sympathy for these children because their parents lack emotional maturity and psychological harmony. The parents cannot make appropriate choices because they themselves haven't grown into adulthood. I actually dropped a female friend because of the mess she was making for child. She was in such a hurry to spawn that she chose a man with a 'sneaker for a brain' (her words not mine) and the both of them created havoc in their union. I lost respect for her and couldn't stand the PAIN in the eyes of her daughter. I couldn't even blame her husband (him having a sneaker and all!) There isn't anything more crucial in ones life than self-knowledge/self-awareness, especially when one is thinking of starting a family.

18. Bells Staff Member

Yes I am aware of the feminist arguments and I am also aware that women have the choices and make them as well. What I was trying to say that when there is a partnership with children, it is usually the women who make the choice and rarely the men. I'm fully aware that women are also aware of this expectation on them to make that choice, hence why I said what I said. I know that women work more when they have families, I only have to look at my family and friends to see that.

My mother was the one who supported the family for the pure and simple reason that she earned more than my father did at the time and it was only viable that she be the one to work. I had a nanny as a baby and both my parents worked, but then one day whent he nanny left me at home to go on a date and I was found by my dad in my cot, screaming because I hadn't been fed all day, the nanny was fired and charged and the decision was made. It was my father who cared for me in my childhood and my mother was the one working and throughout my childhood I watched as my mother and father faced derision from society because of it. There were always whispered comments of 'how could she' and 'she's the mother for Gods sake' etc which were always heard and ignored by my mother and the response from my father was usually 'mind your business'. I am fully aware that such situations rarely exist in today's society. Many of my female family and friends are mothers and only a few of them work outside of the home. Each time one of them would suggest going back into the workforce, the question they are always asked is 'who will look after the kids?'. I've seen them racked by guilt of leaving the kids in care as they go to work and I'm fully aware that it is their expectation as well that they are supposed to care for the child, that it's not just society's expectation but also the expecation of the individual, regardless of the choices available to them.

I live in Australia and I've seen the labelling first hand on many occasions. I find it vile. Every single woman I know (myself included) who has ever gone for a professional job has always been asked in the interview.. 'do you have children?' and if the reply is 'no', they then go on to ask 'why not?'. I've never once gone to an interview where it was not asked. One of my friends was actually asked by the interviewer if she was a lesbian and was then asked if that were not a bit strange as she's a woman and women are meant to want to have children, when she replied to the 'why not?' with an answer of 'I don't plan to have children'. She actually got the job and turned it down because she refused to work for such a chauvinist. When I've asked my male friends if they get asked such questions, the reply is always that the are asked if they have children and that's it, they have never been asked 'why not?'.

I know that the majority of women want to have children, so do a majority of men. What I was saying was that there is also a growing number of women and men who are choosing not to.

No, no one said the term 'loveless marriage', but I did in making as a statement. I'm fully aware that many try to save a lacklustre marriage (and for general comprehension I'm saying lacklustre to encompass both a troubled marriage and a marriage that lacks passion), I have friends who are in such situations today. But many marriages, after years of 'saving', end up being a loveless marriage as the partners distance themselves from each other, and many try to stay together for the sake of the child even through this. I have a friend who's doing this at the very moment and she and her husband have hated each other for more than 5 years, but they are staying together because the child needs both a mother and father. What they have unfortunately failed to realise is that their child is deeply troubled and absolutely miserable because of it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Fenris:
    Umm, yes. I'm awfully disappointed that someone I haven't exchanged five meaningful words with isn't interested in confiding in me. I'm heartbroken, in fact. My day was going swimmingly, then I hear this and I just have to go sob my eyes out.

20. WANDERER Banned Banned

Continuation
    Humans tell the world how they want to be treated.
    If you are a fat slob and unable to control your appetite then you shouldn’t be surprised or dismayed if the world treats you that way. If you hate yourself, abuse yourself or do not respect yourself, the world will take your word on it and treat you accordingly. If you think of yourself as a piece of meat and you have little self-esteem and pride, and you give yourself for that momentary orgasm like a two bit whore or for that momentary excretion of endorphins through eating, then you should not be surprised if the world treats you as such.
    We tell the world how we want to be treated and what we really think of ourselves. Humans radiate self even when they think they are hiding it. Something as simple as ringing the house bell when going on a visit exposes you. If you ring it softly in a short burst, you are humble, unwilling to bother the other or become annoying, low key; if you ring in that prolonged arrogant way then you crave attention, you want to make yourself known, you want others to notice that you have arrived.
    I repeat, humans tell the world how they think of themselves and how they should be treated. Not the universe because that is indifferent but the world of men and women.
    When you walk with your head up high and you behave with dignity and pride, others will believe you.
    If you walk with your shoulders hunched over and with the self-hatred of a mutant then the world will show you your just rewards.
    If you mistreat your body, disrespect yourself so much that you indulge in eating or drinking or smoking or drugs the world will notice. If you choose to sleep around, because it is your nature, and give yourself freely and with little thought then the world will see you as cheap and easy and a sack of meat to be enjoyed and discarded.
    If you expect respect in return and you demand that the other is honest and loyal and loving and responsible and committed and you refuse to compromise on these things, then you will either find exactly that or you will choose to remain alone. This is discrimination and nobility.
    It’s a matter of self-respect. You don’t like yourself and you think you are a piece of ass? Then that is exactly what you are. If you feel dignified and special and you want to give yourself and of yourself to that which earns your respect and loyalty and love then that is what you are and how the world will see you.
    Let’s take food. If you are a glutton and resisting saturated fats and sugars is beyond your ability and you don’t have the self-respect to do something about it or the will to resist your instincts and your desires then it will show, your weight will speak to your absence of discipline, pride and self-esteem. You can use the old: “It’s my nature” bullshit but what are you but what you eat and how you treat yourself.
    Man is more than just his/her nature. If not then he is nothing, NOTHING!!!

Fenris Wolf
    That’s right wolfy, swing away. I’m watching your balance, your accuracy, your technique.
    I believe Mohammad Ali once said: [I’m paraphrasing] “You don’t know a man unless you’ve fought him first.”
    That’s it, I’ll set you up and you swing at my fast-balls.
    I’m loving it.

Your gluttony manifests itself in multiple ways. Your desire for multiple sexual partners speaks to your need for superfluity. You are an addictive personality.
    Perhaps it is food or alcohol or drugs, don’t know yet, but you do exhibit a surrender to need and a desire for gratification that is never quenched because it is so shallow.
    You are so very fucking shallow, my cyberspace Casanova.
    But I want you to speculate moron, it’s how I will measure your intellect.
    So far you’re coming across as nothing but an idiot.
    Tell me what was it about the ‘What about Bob?’ thread that got you turned off to me?
    Was it my insights on modern day escapism?
    Did you see yourself there?
    Was it the drugs, the booze, the entertainment, the video-games, gambling, food?
    What is your form of escaping yourself? You don’t like you Fenris, do you?
    But that’s why others don’t like you either. Read above.
    Wait did you not mention twice that you were drunk or drinking while posting?
    Hmmmmm, I suspect that is one of your vices. But there might be more.
    Does it work? Does it make the emptiness more bearable?
    No, I didn’t think so.
    But could it be that it is in how you think of human relationships, as consumer goods and ephemeral instances of self-gratification, that is to blame for those feelings of emptiness?
    Could it be wolfy?
    Something to ponder over in between binges.
    The way you treat your body says a lot about how you think of yourself.

That’s it, I love it. Fire away my man.
    But you are why I am here. I’m testing my powers of observation and verifying my innate talents. You are my specimen and I intend to test my theories on human nature on you, my idiotic pseudo-intellectual.

That’s right try to salvage your dignity.
    I have said it before and I’ll say it again, others choose how to relate to me, I just adapt ten-fold.
    You treat me with respect and compassion and I’ll show more than that to you. You offer confrontation and insult and that times 10 is what you’ll get from me.
    I’m Mediterranean, we are passionate people; we do EVERYTHING with emotion and passion. We hate, despise, and ignore with a passion but we also love, respect and remain loyal with the same passion.
    You alowed your jealousy to get the better of you, you chose to posture in front of your ‘girlfriend’ when she showed interest in me and you wanted to put me in my place and discredit me in her eyes as a show of your “quality”.
    Did it threaten you to hear her express admiration and interest for me?
    Is that why you watched and waited for someone else to out me in my place and when it didn’t happen you showed your hand and attacked from the shadows?
    BIG MISTAKE.
    Jesus you fell on the wrong person, you pathetic imbecile. I can tear you to pieces, both physically and intellectually.
    What a grievous error.
    Some advice.
    Your only path of escape now is:
    1- You come up with an excuse and exit gracefully allowing for the suggestion that you chose the higher ground and a more civilized behaviour and didn’t want to fall to my level.
    2- You let me tear you to shreds and rely on the compassion of others that will see me as the bully beating up on a little moron and so gain their sympathies that way.

Or you can continue evasive tactics and hope that your “chosen one” will not buy into my hypothesis and that she will eventually enter the battle on your side.
    Ahhhhh, how romantic that would be.

You know all about that, don’t you?
    You can’t throw anything back, never could, never will. You’re a slave to your hunger, a pathetic glutton with no external hints to give his weakness away, until…. Until it’s too late for the other and she’s fallen in the trap.

If you could see my smile now.
    Still trying to gain the upper hand with that?
    With that?!!!!!!!
    I’m much more complicated than that you pathetic imbecile.
    I’ve taken your pants off shall we work on your underwear now and really expose you to the world?
    You tell me, shall I continue or will you plea for leniency as you did before when you asked for Private Messaging?
    I’m not exposing her moron, it is you I am de-robbing.
    One piece at a time, nice and easy.

Oh look he shows deference to me, he plays on my sympathies. He begs.
    I….AM….NOTHING…LIKE….YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have paid for my wisdom moron, I have bled and sweated and cried for my spirit.
    You inebriate yourself and read books or play games to escape the reality of what is you.
    I can be your worse enemy or your best friend, your most vicious opponent or your most loving defender, your most cruel adversary or your most tender loving, loyal ally.
    You choose.
    But you’ve already chosen. Too late.
    If only you knew how much compassion and love I have in me. But for you there is only this, indifference and retribution.
    It’s called Karma imbecile. You treat people with disrespect and dishonesty and eventually that’s what will come back to you.
    I’ve exposed my heart in every essay and thread I’ve started. I’ve masked it behind ambiguity and metaphor to keep unwelcome flies from soiling my soul but whoever has the eye for it there I am. I have nothing to hide nothing to feel shame for.
    I expose myself with every opinion I formulate and post.
    But you are a little weasel, a wannabe wanderer, an amateur seducer.

That’s right try raising yourself to my level, try sitting next to me.
    I’ll allow it for now……
    It serves my purposes.

There he is now using my words, trying to warn me away.
    But I WANT you to see me.
    I fear nothing.
    I’ve posted over 12 long essays exposing my mind, I have provided a link to my web-page exposing myself.
    I’m loving this.
    Tell me who I am moron, use that mind and show me its reasoning.
    I want you to!!!!!!!!
    You don’t get it yet.
    You’re so stuck on hiding that you can’t imagine someone like me.
    I am ashamed of nothing about me, NOTHING!!!!
    Can you imagine that? It is my pride and glory.
    I am not perfect, far from it, I am fearless because I know things, I see things I understand things.

I have a garden of fruits to offer, I am brimming with wares I want to give away. My spirit is overflowing with gifts I give freely and honestly to whoever wants them and if they don’t so be it. I force myself on nobody.
    You?
    You are a sick idiot hiding behind masks, a vampire of need sucking on whoever falls into his trap.

She’s reading this isn’t she?
    She’s here.
    But there's more than one of them here. I read your posts imbecile, you expose yourself. There are two of your 'love interests' here, maybe a third.
    That’s what you hate the most.
    But why so attracted to the strong smart unyielding woman?
    Hypothesis
    1-You seek what is lacking in you in the female. You like strength and independence and strong willed females because you are the exact opposite. You are need and weakness personified and you need a rock to lean on.
    2-You gain value through the conquest of worthy mates. Bagging a dumb bitch is easy but getting laid by a queen is a prize in itself. You’re a big game hunter.
    So far you’ve focused on the smartest and more spirited women on this forum.
    3-You have been hurt by a mother figure in the past, someone you now search for in other women to use them and then throw them away as an act of retribution, as your personal act of vengeance against what she had done to you.

Not enough information, must wait and watch.

Now that’s an oldy but a goody.
    Misogynist?!
    You can’t even see the deep love, behind my words, for women... for humanity.

There’s your paranoia showing through.
    Here you are admitting that I’ve been correct in most instances and the only way you can explain my accuracy is by finding betrayers behind the walls.

And I do so.
    I have no hidden ulterior motive or secret agenda like you do.
    I’m an open book, my every thread exposes my mind, my heart, my spirit.
    Every post is from the heart and that is why it is passionate and emotional.
    I’ve wept for my wisdom stupid, I haven’t read it is books or found it in bottles or cigarettes or needles.

But you’re already half dead.
    A man reaching out in desperation. Even your casual mentioning of your drinking, a call for help, a plea for compassion.
    You exude weakness.
    Now you reach out to instinct to orgasmic satisfaction to escape your life.
    You inebriate yourself, you escape into screens and medication and you tell me you will survive.
    Only as a shell.

YES!!!!!
    I’m writing for me and others.
    I’m taking my clothes off and exposing myself.
    Does it bother you?
    I find myself beautiful.

Have you noticed how your responses to me have been becoming shorter and shorter?
    I have. But I notice everything.
    A sign of insecurity. You must go over your posts looking for details of exposure, trying to weed out clues that may help me, trying to erase information.
    You began with posting long tirades against me.
    Now?
    Short monosyllabic, single sentences.
    Afraid to say too much, not wanting to say too little?
    I have you by the balls, my little friend.
    And I’m going to squeeze until you say uncle.
    You made your bed, I intend to make you sleep in it.

But fear not, maybe some compassionate soul will take pity on you and rescue you from me. Maybe……

Oh yea baby it burns me. IT fucking burns me!!!!!
    Go with that if it makes you feel good.
    I’ve got a mirror moron, I raise it and show society, culture, religion politics to the world and if I choose I show man himself. I'm showing you presently.
    Beg me to stop and I will. You internet giggolo.

Are you a man or a mouse?

That’s it use my methods and strategies against me.
    You honor me with imitation you show deference you pathetic dolt.
    What kind of stallion are you anyway?
    What a poor spectacle you are making of yourself in front of your chosen one(s).
    Do you have so little pride man?
    Fight.

Good some backbone, finally.
    I fear no man idiot. Size has nothing to do with it.
    I demand respect or I die trying to earn it.
    You don’t get it yet.
    Man shows himself in how he holds himself, how he walks, how he gazes, how he talks, how he acts.
    People look upon him and know how far they can get with him and how much shit he will take.
    If you saw me you’d know, I take shit from nobody.
    I fear nothing human because I know it. You never fear what is known, it is the unknown that frightens us.
    Size?
    I’ve seen big guys whimper like girls at the feet of smaller men.
    It’s about spirit goofball, about heart.
    But I'd love to find out anyways.
    I would love to stick your head in the dirt and hear you whimper.

Don’t beg so loudly…laddie.
    You can’t hide your plea behind ambiguity like that.
    I know, I know you want me to stop.
    But you’ll have to ask for it, nicely.
    Until then I’ll keep on hammering away for the fun of it or until I get tired of beating on a half-man wearing wolves skins.
    Wait aren’t wolves somewhat monogamous?
    Hmmmmm, I’ll have to look into that.
    So are you Scottish?
    Irish?
    Australian?
    Canadian? From the west if you are.
    Definitely not American.
    I’ll figure it out.
    You just keep on posting and answering me.

Lucysnow
    Please don’t allow this imbeciles words to cloud the truth.
    He’s having a bad week and he’s the only one to blame for it.
    He’s grasping at straws in desperation.

gendanken
    My, how unambiguous of you.
    You were right, I was far too evasive and you far too honest.
    But have you no heart? The massacre proceeds and no voice is raised to stop the bloodshed.
    Have you no pity to plead for a stop?

You choose your austerity, not I.
    Reach out and touch or forever mask yourself behind words.
    You said once that I was ambiguous. Did you not read my words?
    Long verbose threads all exposing me….me and daring the world to spit on it so that I can avenge my past or daring them to grasp it tenderly so that I may redeem my present.
    But where are you but in short bursts of metaphor?
    You accuse ME of evasiveness? You?
    I have been called verbose, repetitive and boring, never dishonest.
    I am to-the-point, straight. Nothing to hide from those that can trust me.
    What I am is what I say.
    If you doubt, test it.
    Attack and let me fight.

Did you see the acting then?
    Did you smell the food on his breath and see the juices spilling from his needful mouth?
    But do not blame him for his weakness, show me yours, with honesty and risk and I will show you the better part of humanity.
    If not then remain there in your solitude and complain about mankind because you’ve only tasted the worse of them.

21. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

So you keep saying. How many times now? Why is it you feel the need to stress this "point" over and over? Methinks he doth protest too much.

Put a dime in the machine, answer the questions, and bing! Instant personality chart. Put in another dime, answer those same questions, and you'll get a different one.

The only measure of my intellect you have is what I've given you.

And thus we have ended up with mirrors reflecting each other.

Be careful not to blind yourself with it.

*Laughs* Perhaps on occasion you should turn that mirror you hold up over. You might be surprised what you see there.

Attacked from the shadows? Interesting perspective.

I could also walk away chuckling, I could forget when something more interesting comes up, I could do many things. Time will tell.

She is not "mine". Whether or not she enters is her choice to make - not yours. You're hoping, though, aren't you. Perhaps she will indulge you.

I felt the air from that one.

You've just described the last couple of days I've spent here.

But I did not. I covered this.

Cry it to the Gods - perhaps they'll listen and grant you your wish.

I'm sure you can plead better than that.

Ah... you just did.

Of course you do - it's all there, isn't it? You keep saying so, over and over, and you're waiting for someone to just care enough to find it.

Your constant need to reiterate and shout that aloud gives it an unpleasant odour. What would we find, beyond these words we see here, if we were interested enough to find out?

Fish and loaves, for the multitude... but only if they ask, and on bended knee if male. Your offer is rejected - I can find my own food.

Whatever.

Probably.

You actually misread. I didn't bother to correct you. I'm doing it now.

Why do you need to ask that?
    Your hypotheses only speak of what you would like to believe rather than anything else.

I have a crown of thorns here if you need it.
    However.. I will retract the "misogynist". Alcohol, again.

No. I saw something showing me my own blindness to something I should have been aware of earlier. It annoyed me.

Remember the hockey story? You hide. You expose yourself here, as what you would like to be. In real life, you are not quite that, are you?
    Is this becoming your binge?

Those I speak to already know my "weaknesses". That information was given freely, and early. That you call it a plea for compassion does not make it one.

Perhaps you do - but your interpretation of it might be incorrect. when the same "arguments" are thrown at me continually, I grow more disinterested. Perhaps soon I might lose interest entirely, and you will tell yourself (and everyone here watching) that I said "uncle". You will even believe it.

When was the last post you made unedited? Sometimes an hour or more later? I have watched too. So careful, you are. Searching for just the right words to produce an effect.
    Mine have been made sober, drunk, and somewhere in between. Tired, awake, amused, bored or angry. I'd doubt it's something you'd dare to do.

*Chuckles* You have nothing in your palm but yourself.

I think not.

I'll say it again, because you still don't seem to understand. I am not here for you. I am not here for them. If I have something to say, I will say it - not for your "entertainment", but for mine. Stop asking.

Yes, you keep saying that too. Sometimes, though, imitation is intended as mockery. Did you not notice it?

And yet you bring it up - constantly.

Your pleas for respect mean nothing to me. Show me you're worthy of it, and you'll have it. This is not the way to do it. I'll play as long as you do - or until I get tired of it.

Obviously. Yet, you expect me to take it from you, grovel and surrender in order to recieve the milk of your kindness. It's this you demand, not respect.

Ah, I see. It's then you'll pick me up, dust me off and become my friend, if I cry for you first.

It was a question. Quite a simple one.

This begging thing doesn't become you either, you know.

Don't bother, they usually are. I'm not a wolf, though. Wolves would find it difficult to type. The name Fenris Wolf means something quite different. Go think about it for a while - it'll give you something to do.

Sure. Let's see how long it takes you. You could ask, though.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Wanderer

Quote: Please don’t allow this imbeciles words to cloud the truth.
    He’s having a bad week and he’s the only one to blame for it.
    He’s grasping at straws in desperation.

Maybe I misunderstand this quote or perhaps you my post but I agreed with your statement concerning what women ultimately want.

23. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*an.droid*

Blows kiss...

Darling you say no one appreciated you but they just don't know you my. I think I understand why you 'disappeared' but I never took it personally; I know you needed some distance from this place. I will pm you...not out of obligation but because I have missed our indulgent correspondence....and get some sleep for christ's sake!

PS: I didn't suggest rum but Mcallans single malt (try 24 and if you have loot to spend a 30 year old bottle)

Sweet dreams gentle one.