Monism and Enlightment

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Bowser, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I'm pondering the the nature of enlightenment and trying to understand its significance. Though most articles I have read explain that the experience is beyond words and cannot be verbalized, I get the notion that it is the abandonment of a pluralistic view of the world, consolidating everything into one identity.

I do not see how you cannot separate into objects the elements of life. When we sit on the pinnacle of experience, which is awareness, we have objects that cross our stage and play a role in our lives, coming and going like a parade of characters. They are independent and exist within and outside our awareness. Just like a thought comes and goes, it is an object of mind, as are all objects that are experienced in life.

Of course, I could have it all wrong, There may be much more than I'm reading into it. If anyone has the background knowledge to explain the nature of enlightenment, I would like to hear from you your take on the subject. Even if you don't know much about the subject, give your thoughts.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I understand what you are saying and agree with your assessment of the way you perceive enlightenment. I would also add that enlightenment are like "oh yea" moments, things just all seem to be understood about something all at once, sometimes without warning.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.