Mods Gone Wild

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustav Banned Banned

temptation my ass
    its a crusade

christians vs muslims > sci vs you

/pats

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

mmm
    this here is your thread
    opine on #60

go ice

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hehe

Ignorance is BLISS

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/n...l-envoy-if-congress-adopts-genocide-bill.html

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. countezero Registered Senior Member

Your original comment was typical flaming Sam.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Less flammable than white phosphorus thrown on Afghanis though. If its so unpalatable that you can't even hear opinions on what the country does, take a moment to think of those who live through it.Have lived through it in the past, will die today tomorrow and for as many days in the future that such airbases are available to them.

How ironic that being compassionate to victims of such massacre is considered "inflammatory"

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(sigh)

Oh, the irony.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Sam. You posting these little tidbits on the USA isn't a problem. It's when you drop them in threads into which they really don't belong that is considered trolling. If you are so hell bent on pointing out all the evil deeds of the USA, start a thread about it (or just post in the myriad of others created for that purpose). Do not derail threads that aren't even discussing the issues of phosphorus.

~String

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

87 posts and still no nudie pics how disappointing

12. draqon Banned Banned

nudies of mods? girls only please. Are there any girl mods anyways? Is Bells still a mod?

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That's not a useful conception of the "current interpretive standard", and if consciously employed in that way (I'm not persuaded - SAM's got her blind spots in this area) serves to muddle only - especially in a response to Fraggle or the like.

I'm not persuaded of that last.

I think (on the basis of multiple bits of evidence over many months now) this, for example, is sincere - not tactical in that fashion:
    and if it is tactical, it muddles (it cannot, in this context, be taken as complex or humorous or allusive in its misclassification of Fraggle's posting etc).

Muddle favors trolls.

The loss of humor, complexity in allusion, etc, is a price the forum seems willing - overall - to pay. Seemingly little can be done about that knot from one end of the rope.
    The self-reductio ad absurdum, spontaneously empurpling on mere quotation? The good gentlemen erst run lunatical in holy misfire? Tis but dignity they seek; I'll not found it on elaboration forsooth. Forseethe. What?

14. countezero Registered Senior Member

More flaming. I love it when you make my points for me...

Couldn't resist a poke could you, shortie?

15. Gustav Banned Banned

what a fucking liar
    i scanned said thread for an occurrence of the term phosphorus and drew a blank. it was introduced in this thread

lookee here string

this thread vs that thread

there is a distinction
    you ignore so you can troll

why are you so dishonest?

i see
    you wanna bomb, bomb and bomb again
    it is not to be questioned or discussed

sad to see a killing machine moderating sci

/cries

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

somewhere there is a shrink missing their patient.

17. superstring01 Moderator

I deleted it, you moron.

~String

18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What about when SAM starts a thread on the injustices that are occurring in Israel, due to the people of Israel treating people like Aliens in the land in which they were born.

This is the thread I am talking about
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=99847

It should never have been moved to the Cess pool, and it certainly should never have been locked.

I don't think that the thread was read properly by the mods before they took the actions they did.

The site which was being discussed before the thread was locked was not an anti Semitic site, but a site written by some very intolerant anti Palestinians, naming and "shaming" liberal thinking Jews.
    That it listed many hundreds of prominent and educated Jews, and was provocatively called "The SHIT list", is not the fault of anyone here but a reflection of how some Jews feel about other Jews who are less extremist than themselves.

Could someone read through the thread again and change this decision?
    Or is everything that SAM does or says bad these days?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  19. superstring01 Moderator

James moved that thread. He's an admin, so if you want to dispute that change, you'll have to take it up with him.

~String

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

21. superstring01 Moderator

Well, that's what he says:
    ~String

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Guess who?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

He moved it because it was posted in Free Thoughts, when it was blatantly obvious that the intent was to spark political debate.

That's S.A.M's newest intellectual dishonesty. Starting threads to discuss politics and the like in fora that she thinks she will favour better than the ones in which they belong. It's quite clear what her intent is, and it's not going unnoticed. It's only working in Ethics thus far... where she's started three threads in the last week or so about political issues that have VERY little to do with ethics and always end up on the politics in the Middle East.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.