Mods Gone Wild

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Beautiful.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ah, SAM, you're so predictable.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah I am always pleased to be proved right

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

im concerned you have grown accustomed to censure as you have quite clearly not mentioned the simple fact Americans are religious biggots who throw around the catch phrase "anti semite" or such like "jew hater" claim at anyone who appears to challenge Christianity in all its horror so to try and sell off the persons human rights to be abused by soo acclaimed jews("the ring in religious bigot").

the very fact that Barak Obama had to declare himself a Christian while many others claimed him to be some type of secret Muslim agent really spells out how shockingly narrow minded the american public animal has become.

quite obviousely because of the Christian base of northern America there is an overwhelming patriarchal system where women are held as being clearly and without question in second place to men in the hierarchy.
    this basic dichotomy defines the basic cause and effect formula for domestic abuse of women and children(spare the rod spoil the child).

i personally think SAM has saved one HECK of allot of extra words simply putting what it has taken me a paragraph to litteriarilly gesticulate at.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well I'm not allowed to point out the obvious because it offends some people. Being offensive is only permitted when its "other people" we are talking about. So if Fraggle calls my grandmother a bank robber, then its fine, because a white man making fun of a Muslim womans clothing choices is "freedom of expression". But if I consider his opinion bigoted and imply that he does not function with all screws intact, then I am being insulting.

Capische?

9. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

My eagerness to agree with you is only abated by my self suffocation to avoid preaching hate by way of non conformist extremist behaviour in the minds of those who might be offended at not being agreed to prior immediately after they have propositioned an excuse for bigotry and hatred

fear sells best and when you threaten peoples perception of eternal life after self imposed miserable life you risk making them feel accountable for how they behave now instead of feeling comfortable in putting off being nice to others until the afterlife promised where they can be carefree and have everything given to them before they have to give anything to anyone else.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Freedom of expression is usually only touted when people want to exercise hatred. If they really believed in it, there wouldn't be exceptions for what offends them. Thats usually how you can identify their motives.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Where are all the naked mods?

12. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

perfectly succinct and not a single word wasted.
    i concur whole heartedly.
    two men kissing in public is my fav teaser for such self acclaimed liberal women who wish to use the back of homosexual law reform to claim equal rights to men while maintaining some semblance of religious extremism.
    i find it perfectly putrid personally.

13. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

:m:

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The problem there is Fraggle did not call your grandmother a bank robber, and did not "make fun of a Muslim woman's clothing choices". You are wrong about that. You are not functioning with all your screws intact here, and you are not occupying any sort of high ground in the local ethical debate. You are being insulting, and Fraggle is not, in this particular matter - capische?

Why not stick with the flagrant, obvious, and more than sufficient actual mistreatments of you and your viewpoints on this forum?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As someone pointed out "So the president is half cloth?"

I LOL'd.

17. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

proof of the pudding

18. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Wow. Keen self-reflection really.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Time stamp?

S.A.M.

What is the time stamp on this warning:

• • •​

Compared to the current interpretive standard, Fraggle called her grandmother a bank robber, made fun of a Muslim woman's clothing, and demonstrated himself an equal opportunity hatemonger.

Now, if we would all like to put aside such oversensitive standards, great. However, if only S.A.M., or one side of an argument, or whatever, is supposed to suck up and take it while the other runs roughshod in some delusion of noble grandeur, well, that wouldn't surprise me a damn bit.

I think it would be easier for some to "stick with flagrant, obvious, and more than sufficient actual mistreatments" if an equal standard were applied.

S.A.M. finds herself in a position where she cannot ask a question that nearly anyone else can ask because people are determined to see terrorist conspiracies in her posts.

In any normal context, I would agree with your assessment of Fraggle's remarks, and so, actually, would S.A.M. However, we aren't dealing with normal contexts at Sciforums right now.

Or, to put it more clearly, had S.A.M. directed that remark at someone else, she would have been sanctioned for calling their grandmother a terrorist and making fun of someone's clothes.

I don't see why we should view one side of an argument so oversensitively, yet reject an equal application of the standard. That's what S.A.M.'s inquiry is about.

No, I have not asked her directly.

No, I am not psychic.

Yes, some things are just that obvious if we pay attention.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  20. Gustav Banned Banned

wonder no more, dearie

cesspool

a bogus topic
    bogus responses

a perfect play
    go james

21. Gustav Banned Banned

free thoughts has always been a refuge
    more relaxed

it is cool that escape hatch has been sealed
    thanks ardi

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It is such a burden to be responsible for the poor discipline of others [in addition to your own, that is]

If only we did not yield to temptation, although I hear that is the only way to deal with it.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

hardly the topic at hand in that thread could very well be the key to peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.