Mods Gone Wild

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No one was more offended than I. :shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Dislike? Hardly.

I don't mind being in the minority. I'm not a group follower, I make up my own opinions and I'm not in the habit of having other's speak for me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As a matter of fact I make it a point of speaking my own opinion regardless of 'group think'.

You know it has something to do with 'free thought and opinion'

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Lucysnow: "free thought and opinion" does not mean "everyone must always be disagreeing with each other on all topics all of the time," nor does it mean "no one may form a consensus on any topic whatsoever."

I can tell you what freedom of thought DOES mean however. It means (among other things) not posting a disagreeing viewpoint against somebody based PURELY on your personal dislike for that person, when that dislike is irrelevant to the actual topic at hand. Right now, you are flying against that ideal due to your history of argumentation with SAM, who between you there is a history of the use of the ignore function. That doesn't bode so well.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

chafing, noob?

/sneer

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Good pont... which reminds me of how black people was treeted in my 'ol Kentuky home when i was a kid... an they wasnt "Disliked" ether... well... as long as they knew ther place an stayed in it... which included not goin inside a resturant to eat.!!!

Ther was 1 black guy... "Jack"... who woud somtims stan outside my gran-maws resturant aroun dinner time... an when we noticed him we woud take him a plate-lunch an he woud eat it out on the sidewalk while standin up... she woud invite him in but he never woud (he knew his place)... he woud jus slide the plate inside the door when he was done... yep... Jack wasnt Disliked ether.!!!

9. Bells Staff Member

Irony!

So you are telling her that her free thoughts are wrong because you don't agree with what she is saying because you feel her dislike of Sam clouds her judgement.. In other words, it is only a 'free thought' if it agrees with what you think and feel..

Kind of goes against the very definition of 'free thought' does it not?

Is it any less of a 'free thought or opinion' if Lucy has a supposed history with Sam?

Are you, in your attempt to have free opinions on this forum without censure, attempting to stifle the opinion of another because you don't agree with what youa re saying? Doesn't that go against what you are going on about in this thread?

10. Bells Staff Member

Hush! You peasant!

Aren't you English or something the like?

*Imagines bad teeth and cockney accent*..

*Giggles*

11. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

When did I even mention Sam? I said simply wrote that being the person who started High Society doesn't give you the right to speak for me. So it was you I am not aligned to and disagree with.

If you check this thread you won't see reference to Sam anywhere. You are not my 'leader' just because you started a stupid group.

GET IT?

This mob rule shit is bullshit and totally not in line with my character. So if you think you can somehow brow beat me into accepting your stupid rant you are quite mistaken. I suggest you look elsewhere if its a sycophant you want.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

You're just a following fool and can just fuck off for all I care.

You don't even know how to comprehend a post you wanker.

13. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I think I have not said that, sorry.

Then you should not have requested to join, Lucysnow. However, this group is not about "mob rule" or any of other idiotic things you are imagining. The handful of people in the group does not constitute a "mob" and our way of thinking is un-moblike. We are highly calm and highly rational -- unlike the emotional state you are exhibiting now. As well, my statement does not require you recognize me as your leader. However, if you feel that the group statement does not represent you, then that's okay: it simply means you aren't truly in the group and probably never were. That actually bodes well for the rest of us, because that means we are divorced from whatever your self-serving goals appear to be.

This thread is predominantly about SAM, the official statement by me addresses SAM, so I'm not sure why you are here pretending SAM isn't related. I can see that that you are getting uncharacteristically angry (all caps expressions, cursing) in this temporary little "me" moment you are having so I will leave you to your musings for now.

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I didn't request you invited me. And my remarks were not about Sam so stop pretending as if they were. There was a request from James for the members of the group to state whether they have all signed aboard this thing you're on about. I said my piece and stand by it. Whatever little gripe you have with the admin has nothing to do with me. And as I have said before I don't allow other people to state opinions on my behalf. Period.

15. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I rest my case.

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Yeah after you sent the request. I didn't know how to join after the request, couldn't find the button. This is something that I think the admin can prove on my behalf since you are so fucking dishonest.

Are you going to lie and pretend you didn't request me for membership?

17. WillNever Valued Senior Member

In either situation, you expressed an interest to join, Lucysnow. Denying that now is dishonest.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I joined what was supposed to be a group of 'free thinkers' where there was supposed to be intelligent discussion, not a group of whiners. No you saying I requested and not saying you invited me first is dishonest.

19. Bells Staff Member

Oh?

Che, is that you?

So your "call to arms" to "every member" is what exactly?

I laughed reading this. And then laughed some more when I read through the posts in said group.

I am laughing even more now..

So you have the approval of the other members that you do speak for them?

I defer to the words of Tiassa at this point:

"As far as I can tell, the point of the group is for some people to feel as if they are better than others. But, in regard to the question at hand, there isn't much suggesting the membership of that group had anything to do with the "official" statement. Or, to be more accurate, I don't see anything suggesting the membership of that group had anything to do with it."

Tiassa

Another member who is saying that you don't speak for them. So tell me, when you made the "official" statement on behalf of the group, did you get the consent of all your members, to make such a statement on their behalf? That so called official statement that you made, you worded it in such a way as to indicate that you represented the 'society' as a whole. So are you the official representative and did they all agree to you speaking out on their behalf? Thus far, it would seem that you made the statement based on your own personal feelings and dragged the rest in with you for good measure, without their knowledge or consent. However..

So if they do not abide by your feelings and your opinions, or do not agree to have you speak on their behalf, they are not 'truly in the group'? What is this? Sciforums Survivor?

Who will be voted off next, I wonder?

Who is this "we" and "us" of which you speak? And do they all accept and agree to have you as their public mouthpiece on all issues in this forum?

Tell me, are you speaking for the "we" and "us" in all the posts you make? Do you represent the group when you make such statements? Or just yourself?

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Now now Lucysnow... clam down an read these words of somone you admire:::

"Its an internet community, a place where we come to spar over issues its not the bloody village in which we live. So relax..."

~Lucysnow

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Are you sure about that, Will?

You know, Will, in the image you provided, the title of the message is, "Re: Lucy". If Lucy goes back and shows us the record of the message(s) that came before that—because "Re:" is the default reply title—what will that original message show?

In other words, is Lucy correct?

"Yeah after you sent the request. I didn't know how to join after the request, couldn't find the button. This is something that I think the admin can prove on my behalf since you are so fucking dishonest.

"​

I mean, lying about a member? That wouldn't be very ... uh ... "high society" of you, now, would it?

Then again, maybe it would.

In other words, it may not be time to rest your case.

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

My inbox is as so:

The subject title is "Lucy" written originally by Lucysnow. Opening the message brings up the "re:" because it opens a reply box automatically. Thanks for stopping by.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So you're saying Lucy lied?

Very well. Are you, then, claiming that Lucy contacted you unsolicited? Are you saying that she is lied when she wrote,

"Yeah after you sent the request. I didn't know how to join after the request, couldn't find the button. This is something that I think the admin can prove on my behalf since you are so fucking dishonest.

"​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.