Mods are too lax

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Communist Hamster, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Surely sock puppets should be banned as soon as they are created?

This is not a ban thread. I am using the Serb guy as an example.

Next point:
    vincent28uk is violating this. He should be stopped.

That is all.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Eh. I like being able to spew whatever vulgar, hateful obscenities I want. I like the level of moderator involvement here.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Mods could be a little tighter, but hey, I'm satisfied.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

hahaha

8. Roman Banned Banned

They should do more kegels.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Drat. I misread it. I was sure the rules said "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."
    And my first quiet month of observation revealed that this was almost mandatory.

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Serb's exagerating. He got banned one time. Yes. Several of his sock puppets were banned at the same time. But there was just one banning event. That Serb05 is the first one to sign up after the banning.

He'd been bitching about getting banned before being banned. But he hadn't been banned. Maybe he had a stroke at 11:11 and forgot his password or something.

As to the mods. I like it too. The only areas I'd like to see more moderation in would have to be in getting rid of spam and some of the more blatant inanity. However, I think we police ourselves rather efficiently. Anarchy does work.

Ophiolite,

You used to be such a nice boy. And now you've become one of us. How's it feel? (By the way. I used to be nice too... Well. Nice isn't the proper term. Polite.) We'll have you cursing at your wife and kids next. And tomorrow? We take over the world....

Seriously though. I've noticed you're becoming more abrasive in some of your posts. I'd been meaning to post but never have. Now I've found the perfect venue for it.

You old asshole.

Anyway. I like the freedom of this place. I find it amusing that it's the commie hamster that would make this thread. He's a touch on the abrasive side himself. If the mods cracked down, you can bet your ass that a lot of his posts would get cracked down on.

11. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Surely vince could do with a bit of shutting up?

12. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

We usually complain that the mods are too strict. Enjoy the freedom you're given.

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

let me say this. this place is one of the freest forms i've ever been with.

that is good. cherish it.
    there is nothing fukin worse tan when a discussion naturally turing passionate cause of a hot issue, and suddenly some mod with red ink starts ruining the dynamics....life isn't all plain sailing. learnin comes from rocky shit too.....even if u dont know it at the time

the only thing i wouold ban someone for instantly is them threatening t hack into someones personal details

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I've got to go with Duendy on this one. I've rarely come across such a relaxed forum. It's give and take for the most part and the real offenders soon leave or learn.
    PS, good comment Duendy, especially as you seem to be getting some stick lately

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. FieryIce Tic Toc, World in Cobalt Blue Registered Senior Member

Mods??...there are mods at this forum?
    Imagine that!!

16. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

people getting hot under the collar about issues is great, it only advances the debate imo.

Obnoxiousness for obnoxiousness sake is easy to spot and easy to ignore. Better to ignore than to censor.

peace

c20

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Many mods from before the last forum outage haven't returned or have no more interest in modding.

18. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Then make me a mod. I'll be just as lax, just get rid of some of the less entertining BSers. MattMarr can stay, vince can go.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You wants precious? Yes, yes, one to kill them all. Precious............

20. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

OH NO don't start!....

precious..... my precious......

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You wants precious too?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I have taken over the body of the entity you knew as Ophiolite. I am grateful for your diagnostic indications that the transition has not been wholly accurate. It is important that we conduct these affairs with the minimum of disruption lest the Earth people realise this process of assimilation is on-going.
    Those of you reading this message will be visited shortly. Please do not be alarmed you will merely experience minor pain and disorientation similar to attending a Billy Joel concert, followed by a strong desire to self immolate yourself (Billy Joel again).

23. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Obligatory Simpsons quote:
    I, for one, welcome our new Ophiolite overlord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.