Moderator?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Zero, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Zero Banned Banned

The moderator position is vacant. Though I expect the Eastern Phil section to do very well without one (geez, compare the Relig forums with this! There is a fundamental difference...maybe because you guys don't have a whatsupyall to bug you eh?), we should think about trying out for the position.

Any one wanna nominate people? *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spookz Banned Banned

you would do fine zero (ask porfiry for the job)
    first duty would be to fuse this with this or simply move it to pseudo

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

While I am not an official moderator yet, Porfiry was kind enough to set this section up at my request and I am watching over it since its inception.

We usually keep this section fairly clean like self moderated...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zero Banned Banned

Well in case you feel you need one I nominate myself. Though it is well self moderated...you don't have whatsup on your backs...

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Hmmm. I don't post here that often. I never really found eastern philosophy very interesting (although I do own a rather large bell with Ginish on it). But I do like being a mod. it gives me something to do in my overwhelming spare time. If yall are holding elections then I nominate myself... and Xev.

9. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Is Eastern Philosophy sufficiently distinct as a forum from General Philosophy that it ought to have a seperate moderator, or should I group the two together and hold a single moderator election for the two?

I tend to think the latter would suffice, but I bring it up in case there are any objections.

10. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Hmm. Maybe. I agree with grouping the two together and having a single moderator, they aren't very big forums compared to religion and free thoughts.

11. kmguru Staff Member

While there is nothing wrong with grouping them together as a big happy world-wide family - the general philosophy is usually based on western philosophy and leaves out two and a half billion plus people. Even though EP is a minority group in Sciforum, GP will drown them out and we may never see any postings in EP area.

Please keep the diversity alive. At the end of the day, majority tends to win. As in life, I hope the majority makes the right choice. So I will leave it upto you folks.

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Oh... Okay.. I thought what Porfiry meant was that he wanted to make one mod for both forums or two mods- one for each forum.

You should keep them seperate, like Kmguru said, GP would drown the EP section.

13. spookz Banned Banned

i dont think porfiry means joining the 2 forums together. just a single election for the two
    y'know, killing 2 birds........!

and since a simple statement was misunderstood, that counts as automatic disqualification
    bye!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Indeed, I'm not talking about consolidating the two forums. I'm merely talking about having a common moderator.

15. kmguru Staff Member

Oops...in my haste to join my holiday guests...for some more food and wine...and watch Ballistic on DVD......I misread...my apologies...

16. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I can't see why we need a moderator in this forum. We haven't had any trouble.

17. kmguru Staff Member

I dont mind a moderator as long as he/she has atleast 25 years of teaching experience in Eastern Philosophy including the mother of all Eastern Philosophies - Sanatana Dharma. Otherwise it will be like the fox is watching the hen house.

18. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I also prefer the moderator to have high level of maturity. Also it is important for any forum to have moderators who are good examples and have respect from other posters.

19. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Fair enough. This forum may have not yet reached a state of disarray necessitating a moderator.

20. kmguru Staff Member

Thank you Porfiry...

Members who have a strong interest in Eastern Philosophy are a class by themselves. Some are veterans and others are here to learn. The qualities of these members are superb. It is a pleasure and privilege to be a part of the group.

21. spookz Banned Banned

now i agree. hands off e phil.

22. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

I would agree that EP does not need a moderator.

My 2 cents worth.

23. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member