Moderator for the History Section.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by gendanken, Jun 24, 2004.

1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

I've noticed the history section has no moderator.

Gendanken feels its time it should have one. Impartial and fair, she'd make a good candidate.
    If not myself, then anyone who would be just as willing.

Does no one think that section needs a moderator?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Gendenkan.

Not really. The history forum is complacent and calm as of present. There is no dire need for a moderator.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Soooo.....you're telling me the rule around here is a moderator is needed only for the noisy, feisty places?
    Oh?

Then why do the Scifi and Psudo sections have mods?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I agree about sci-fi, it doesn't need one but Pseudo does. It got rather feisty in there untill Stryder stepped in. Banshee held the place down good and it was generally peaceful on its own untill it needed a mod again.

8. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Gendanken would do a fine job modding the history section. As it is, she's one of the more prolific contributors (of quality posts) to a variety of forums and has indicated interest in this for some time.

If there's a void there, fill it.

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yeah...if History forum ever needed one i'd vote for her right away despite my nomination.

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Scifi probably doesn't need a mod. Is there a story about how one got there to begin with? Was there a bunch of star trek bashing going on at one time? The Babylon 5 guys duking it out with the Trekkies?

I also haven't really noticed much going on in history that requires a mod. It seems that it is the way of the site to only fill spots if needed. Pseudo definitely needs it. I'm sure Stryder is busier than he's been in a long time in Pseudo. Computers is another forum that one wouldn't think needs a mod. Is there a story behind that decision as well? I imagine it would be good to have a mod in there to be a knowledgeabe source to answer simple questions when others don't seem to know. Stryder is very knowledgeable about computers.

I think that a mod for some of the other science sections might not be a bad thing. Mostly to keep cross-posting and posting in the wrong thread down. I know that other mods can jump in and mod sometimes, but doubt if they devote a lot of time to reading the various threads.

But if there were, Gendanken would get my vote. She knows her stuff.

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Hmm.

I wonder this as well.
    But Free Thoughts is a hole crawling with trolls, the only interverntion by its mod being that of removing threads and placing them in the cesspool.
    In all other places, I've rarely seen any moderator step in to share what they know or answer questions.
    The position seems very British, with the royal sitting up on its throne doing absolutely nothing.
    I want action- given the position I'd dedicate all my energies to that section instead of prostituting myself all over the forums as usual.
    Biology already has a moderator- oh well.
    There seems to be no real requirements for the position so long as the name shows up on the section as "Moderator"
    So let me at it.

Wolfy:
    Hear, hear.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Biology has a moderator?

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Pseudo needs a mod, trust me. But what's all this talk about no scifi mod being needed? Are you people insane? Do you know how quick that section would go under if there was no mod? You haven't been around long enough to know certain things, and I'll let you know this; ST, B5, SW, and FS fans are very rabid. Mix them together and see what you get.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Sci fi does need a mod, if there was no mod we'd all know the storylines of the upcoming films/books/shows as they edit the spoilers. I don't want to look at a thread and go 'Why thank you for ruining that one...'

That's why Arts and Culture needs a new moderator, haven't seen Congrats around for over a year.

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Counslers right with his commentary, you end up with an SW fan stating that Wookies kick a$$e and a ST fan pulls a Klingon on him and all hell breaks loose. Just don't tell any of the fans their universe isn't real or there would be hell to pay.

16. Rick Valued Senior Member

As Far as i know,i cannot recall a single person(except for porf

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) apart from Stryder,who's been such an active Mod.Its like Cap. of a Cricket team in here.Whoever has become the Moderator of the Forum,has virtually stopped coming or being active.I think Couns and new breed coming up is strongly different from my view.Which is really good news for us...isnt it?

bye!

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

What about goofyfish? Isn't he a global mod?

18. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yup...so was Wet1 and Banshee...they left. This place really needs another supermod but I doubt there is anyone here Porfiry trusts to give that job to. Having a life must be hard on Goofyfish's duties to keep this circus of enlightened 16 year olds stable and running.

19. Rick Valued Senior Member

Goofy's O.K. too. Banshee and Wet1 were alright.
    There was one more : Chris.(I dont know why isnt he posting more these days?),He was an excellent poster at Intelligence and Machines.The Forum has lost Glamour after Chris's absence...Chris,KM,Stryder,Dave discussing thing...Ah! those were the days...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

bye!

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

If Stryder was more active in other areas I'm sure he'd be up for the running of a global mod

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I've seen James step in and lock a thread in one of the other science forums.

22. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Monkey:
    Shites- you're right.

For some reason I'd looked and thought James the Biology moderator.
    This means:
    Biology section. I'm just as adept in this field as most around here. How about it people?
    Gendanken for Biology.

(I picked on the psifi and psudo sections as last resort- don't know anything about them, so if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.)

Why does the Biolgy section have no moderator? No applications or no need?

23. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Yep, that's a poodle. I wasn't sure, but well spotted.