Mod Bias - the sequel - with scam proof poll

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by lightgigantic, Dec 30, 2007.

?

I feel I have been unfairly treated by the following moderator (choose one only) :

Poll closed Jan 13, 2008.
  1. (Q)

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Athelwulf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Avatar

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Bells

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BenTheMan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Fraggle Rocker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. goofyfish

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. invert_nexus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. James R

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  11. kmguru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. S.A.M.

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  13. SkinWalker

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  14. spidergoat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Stryder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. superstring99

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  17. Tiassa

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  18. Tristan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. vslayer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. None of the above

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Hmmm.

Skinwalker, am I right or wrong?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Just so you know Herr Gustav---

I have formed an hypothesis and now am preforming the experiment. Soon I will draw conclusions based on that experiment.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

lets all have ye olde sing alongs, folks

ittttttttt
    it was on the good ship venus
    my christ you should have seen us
    the figure head was a whore in bed
    with a mouth like a dead mans peeeeeeenis

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

sing with me niggers sing i say

8. Gustav Banned Banned

our soldiers went war
    our soldiers fought well
    our soldiers stuck their bayonets
    up their major's arsehole

oursol oursol our soldiers went to war
    oursol oursol oursol oursollllllllllll
    our soldiers went to war

9. Gustav Banned Banned

sing you bastards
    sing like there is no tommorrow

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

out of curiosity, what issues do you think matter to these three people?

11. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Seeing as how LG has made more than one "I hate SkinWalker" thread (not a one contains any evidence of wrong-doing), and seeing as how the Supermods and Admins have access to any and all deleted posts/threads, I'd say you're right.

I could care less what LG thinks of me. His intellectual cowardice and dishonesty in the Religion forum -where he makes 90% of his posts- was exposed long ago. He continues with post-modernist arguments, designed solely for obfuscation and subtle derision and whines and cries when the same techniques are (quite accurately, I might add) applied to him.

I've little time for him, but it is a duty to put woo-woos and cranks in their place from time to time. Whether or not LG is either is up to the readers of his posts to decide. The rational will ultimately agree one way -those that buy into the supernatural and paranormal will go the other way.

LG has posted thread after thread, post after post of anti-science, post-modernist mumbo-jumbo in a science message board.

As far as I'm concerned, he and his woo-woo, crank, and religiously bent friends can vote in whatever silly polls they wish. Indeed, I demand that they vote for me. I want anyone that has ever respected a word I've ever said to vote for me. There are about a 100 or so active members on this board who post more than a few times a week and I want to raise my vote-count to exceed 100!

That a religious believer is upset that his beliefs are questioned or criticized -that a religious believer takes offense to questions and criticism of his/her beliefs- and then posts a poll to cry and whine about the "Big, Bad Atheist Mod" is laughable on a Science Forum. And that person deserves to be laughed at and parodied.

12. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Read this:

And do the best to figure it out yourself. If you're still confused tomorrow, ask again.

13. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

So, the results of the experiment are in, and all indications are that Skinwalker does not, in fact, care what you people think.

14. Frud11 Banned Banned

How very intriguing...

15. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Skinwalker

Its not so much that I find your questioning disruptive - I don't really think there is any topic which is unworthy of analysis

Its not even the fact that you use a host of uncivil devices (flame, troll, ad hom etc) to try and drive home your values

Its more that you do all this by hiding behind the diplomatic immunity of a mod that irks me.

as for this simply being a personal issue, one of the reasons I brought it up was to see if it drew a consensus amongst others.

apparently it has

and also I brought it up to see how it compared to the previous poll by James R

that also bears interesting results

More than anything, it's your blatant disregard of feedback (apart from the feedback of three mysterious people) that tells me something is wrong. You really should trouble yourself for a little introspection.

Actually its not a religion or anti-science thing (any one of a dozen posters here could try and do me in - and there is a reference by a non-religious type saying that they avoid the history sub forum). Its about persons in positions of moderation and whether there is a standard of professionalism they should try and adhere to despite their bias.

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

did I miss something?

17. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

What it boils down to is that a theist is offended that his posts may be moderated by an atheist. So what? Grow up and get over yourself.

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I would have thought it would be more ethical for a mod to use their powers according to those funny things called "forum guidelines" as opposed to personal values ... but hey, that's just me

it seems you could guess which way the polls would turn out - making a big song and dance early on, even before the trend started to swing, gave you away

BTW this thread wasn't about you - all the other mods were on the table too
    and its not about me - I only voted once
    get over it

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  19. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I seemed to have had no prblems at all from the mods. Just for the info, I randomly picked superstring99 just so I could see the results, I have nothing against him.

20. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

You've not shown any reason for others to accept that I've violated any forum guidelines, if this is what you're implying.

The outcome of your "scam-proof" poll was completely predictable. You created a poll where the only respondents are those that are negatively affected, thus any responses are "hits" and there are no "misses" to record. In a forum with a membership of 27,000, surely it cannot be difficult to find a dozen or so who will have some discontent?

Oh, it's very much about you. Just moments after you expressed your discontent with my inquiry and criticism of your methods in the Religion forum, you started a poll. One need not be psychic nor have a "correct epistemology" to understand your intent. Nor would I be surprised if you haven't PM'd a few likely voters to lobby the vote you'd like to see. If not, you can sure bet that there would be a few who see me as being a member of an opposing side in the perceived dichotomy of atheism vs theism who would cast a vote in your favor. Well, the gig is up. I'm asking everyone to vote for me. Particularly if you like me.

Your "scam-proof" poll is a sham. Once again, your dishonesty and intellectual cowardice is exposed. Harsh words, I admit, but accurate criticism based on the evidence at hand.

Had I been a theist and you an atheist, I've no doubt that you would have created a similar thread of a polar opposite nature.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Skinwalker
    You're an atheist
    I'm a theist
    is that the extent that forum guidelines call for analysis of a situation?
    I wasn't aware that we have 27 000 current members (maybe no more than 400 active members would seem a more reasonable estimate)
    and even then, there were 19 mods on the poll
    your name was simply one of them
    its not clear how the result would be predictable unless you were fully aware of your gratuitous behavior as a mod
    certainly your behavior catalyzed the production of the thread
    my point is however that the thread is not primarily about you
    there were eighteen other mods on the list
    and it is not primarily about me
    I only voted once

actually the last time I used my PM was to query the infraction you gave me

there are two other atheistic mods of the religious forum
    how do you explain the difference in poll results?
    the only evidence you have is your hearsay
    to say the least, I've contributed less than 10% to your fame as sciforums most questionable mod

actually I was going to recommend that you read that to see how a capable mod deals with conflict resolution
    If you can't learn from me, maybe you should learn from your peers that are senior to you in maturity (there might be reasons why she is currently coming in at 0% and you at 70.59%)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  22. Gustav Banned Banned

looking at the dialog, i am struck by the rationale displayed by LG. skin in contrast, is a mass of emotion bordering on hysteria.

how could this be?

23. Gustav Banned Banned

then we have this.......

============================================================================

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

============================================================================

....an admission of emotion